User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 7:59:31 PM EDT
This show

www.pinks.tv/

I just watched all the eposides of it and Battlestar Galatica my DVR had
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen it a couple times, and thought it was pretty good.

You'd have to know people as well as cars to win that way.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep thinking about finding a heap and throwing something together to be on it.

But something tells me its a racing version of wrestling.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yep thinking about finding a heap and throwing something together to be on it.

Hey John, can I borrow your car?

John:  Why?

I want to take it on Pinks!

John: Fuck you
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:03:11 AM EDT
[#4]
They are not telling us the whole story.  Something ain't right about that show.  Race somebody in a car you've never seen with your car on the line??  I don't think so.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:16:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They are not telling us the whole story.  Something ain't right about that show.  Race somebody in a car you've never seen with your car on the line??  I don't think so.

Just like real street racing. Gotta read the guy and find his cheats.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#6]
A buddy of mine here in Pottstown, PA will be on the show this upcoming season. He raced several months ago when they were in ATCO, NJ.

Alot of the show is smoke & mirrors, but the racing is real. He was put up against a much faster car, but won because the other guy put a rod through his block. The negotiation stuff is just a bunch of hype for the show, and most guys don't actually lose their cars. My buddy negotiated a cash deal instead of car for car deal. I think he took about $5k from the loser.

The racing is alot like a card game. You 'gotta maintain a poker face, and dont show your best hand the first time down the track.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:00:44 AM EDT
[#7]
man wtf? i seen a couple of the shows and thought hell yeah man those guys have balls. Who else is going to show up and put their pride and joy on the line like that? Now you say they dont even loose their cars posers
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:36:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I was at church with my kids wednesday night. I missed it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#10]
What for the names on the cars and the shirts of the people.

$15,000 car for a 1/2 hour of advertising on TV. Seems like a good deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top