Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 7:17:11 PM EDT
 Picked up a 12ga Savage 30H pump today. I'd like to shorten the barrel, but what am I in for chopping the vent rib? Is is held by solder at both ends, or are the posts of a vent rib attached to the barrel as well? I'd like to get it shorter than 30" for truck use.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I have access to a portaband saw, so the cut should be easy. Guess I'll clean up the end and cold blue what's left.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Cut it around 20"s so if you screw it up you have room to trim it some more to fix it. Don't want to end up like Randy Weaver.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Does that screw with patterns? Is the cone at the same area or does it differ with bbl length?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does that screw with patterns? Is the cone at the same area or does it differ with bbl length?

Yes...
It will need to be re choked..
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, no re-choking going on this old scattergun. It will be a truck 'beater' loaded with buck and/or slugs. Just a cheap blaster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top