Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 5:40:25 PM EDT
I am looking for Free MP3 editing software. I want to make a 15 second clip of a song I have on my computer so that I can use it as a ringtone for my cell phone. Does anyone know of any software that can do this?
THanks
James
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
This website will do it for you

mobile17.smashsworld.com/login/
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
So I downloaded Audacity and it works well but for some reason it will not open wma format, which is what all of my songs are formatted in. Is there an easy way to convert wma to mp3 files?

Thanks James
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So I downloaded Audacity and it works well but for some reason it will not open wma format, which is what all of my songs are formatted in. Is there an easy way to convert wma to mp3 files?

Thanks James

www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?qt=wma+to+mp3+converter&tg=dl-20
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:11:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks James

WMA is Microsoft's proprietary format, and tampering with it is Verbotten. (forbidden).

Can you redo your songs in something more useable, such as MP3 or Wave files?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:33:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks James

WMA is Microsoft's proprietary format, and tampering with it is Verbotten. (forbidden).

Can you redo your songs in something more useable, such as MP3 or Wave files?

Why should he redo all the songs when there are programs that will convert it to whatever he wants? And no, he wont get in trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top