Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 3:21:14 PM EDT
I just got my copy of the three disk set, as I bought mine right after the release.

I just got done watching the Q&A BAFTA.

It just makes me glad that we have men that fought there to tell these POS peaceniks how to act.  The guy that played Steele comes right out and says how anti-war they are.....All the English actors.......Now...HE speaks for all of them....I'm guessing he's right...But, they knew there were with guys that fought along side those guys that would not permit thier BS.

Ewan McGregor impressed me.  He was funny and disarming.  But, at the same time, I know how he feels.  He's not on our side.    At least he plays at being repectful.  At the same time, he's Scottish...lol...I think that's why he's at maybe some odds with the guy that played Steele.  He displayed a resoning about how guys train and react.  I like how he mentioned the pride of the Ranger Regiment.  That was well done.

They talk about the note under thier doors about "Telling thier story" by "The guys that died".
I think that shocked the actors into thier jobs.  They did a good job, I think, overall.  Yeah..Lots of innacuracies....But, they're actors.

End of note.....Thank you to the DA for actually helping Ridley Scott portray what Mark Bowden wrote.  I'm very glad that the DA was on point...for once.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:45:37 AM EDT
[#1]
that movie's become a frigging training film for the marine corps. or maybe a warning. so many fucking mistakes made that got those good men killed! from what i've seen, we've learned some good lessons for iraq and a-stan.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:57:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The Men that fought in Mogadishu made the best of a terrible situation and did extremely well considering the odds they were facing. There was not a fighting force in the world that coud have done better being dropped into that situation. Their sacrifices have made all our guys better by learning from what went wrong in that battle. You can see the results in what our fighters have been doing in Iraq and Afghanistan in the past few years.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:00:40 AM EDT
[#4]
After "Braveheart," BHD is my favorite movie. I don't think a modern war movie (WWII-present) will ever top it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top