Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 2:21:34 PM EDT
I know this has been asked here before, but a search produced nothing.

Are there any special requirements for shipping handguns that are unique to handguns? I have shipped several rifles, but never short guns before.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
next day. thats about it.
ship from a actual UPS or FedEx station not one of those "stores"
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Thanks. Any ideas on why the next day is required?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
nope
just no usps
and fedex or ups overnight only by their policy
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks. Any ideas on why the next day is required?

prevents theft
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Dumb question. is there a difference between next day and overnight?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I shipped one via FedEx Priority Overnight delivery to an FFL yesterday. Fucking costs an arm and a leg! It's the second time I've done it. I just don't tell the FedEx/Kinkos store that there is a gun in there and give no indication that it was a gun on the packaging. I wouldn't even notify a shipping station. It just begs to be "lost."
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you can ship it on any method that uses air transport, which usually means overnight/next day.  Sometimes there is a cheaper next day service that delivers later in the day I guess.

Technically you don't have to tell them (by law) but then if they do actually lose it don't expect to get reimbursed when they find out it was a gun and you didn't tell them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top