BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 1:49:02 PM EDT
What do you guys think?

www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it looks like a Cadillac CTS knock off.  But it does look better than every other mid size 4 door sedan on the market for  less than 25 thou. I dont buy Ford(Diehard GM Guy) but  it  doesnt look a like a bad car for the money. I have yet to drive one so I dont  have any opinion on the drivetrain or the interior.
James
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
For a first year model, it looks pretty good.  I want to see it at Daytona in a couple of weeks.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Those headlights look like they belong on the family truckster that Clark Griswald picked up in the beginning of Vacation.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For a first year model, it looks pretty good.  I want to see it at Daytona in a couple of weeks.  

There will not be one there, nor will there be a Monte Carlo, nor a Dodge Charger.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There will not be one there, nor will there be a Monte Carlo, nor a Dodge Charger.

You sir, are a spoil sport
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Ex-girlfriend bought one, she seems happy with it... Personally, I hope they have a problem with doors refusing to unlock, seat bet refusing the release, and then they catch fire... First year production problems, ya know.

I like them, for a Ford, they are rather nice.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it would be cooler if it were actually powered by a fusion engine.

With gas prices the way they are these days they definately should dust off the whole nuclear car concept.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Nucleon
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]
automatic only? screw that
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No, they have manuals.  The one I am looking at is a manual.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not with the 6 cylinder
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had the Mercury version as a rental a couple of times, once with the 4, once with the 6 and both with autos.  The 4 was used on a week long trip from DC to Philly and back with lots of city driving in between.  The 6 was used to go from DC to Chattanooga over Christmas.

My overall impression is that it's one hell of a first attempt and it's the best domestic car I've had as a rental in a long time.  The options in even the most basic package are pretty good, it has nice lines esp. for a low cost sedan.  Comfortable (and heated) seats even after 6 or 7 hours.  Decent radio.  Nice sized trunk.  Only real complaint is that there is only one cigarette lighter so I had to buy a splitter to charge my cell phone and listen to my plug-play satellite radio at the same time. Their plastic is more 'plastic' than the stuff the Japanese use but it's better than the stuff I've seen in GM and Chrysler cars I've rented.

The 4 cyl with the auto wasn't very quick off the line but did okay on the freeway.  The v6 was actually decent off the line but somehow didn't 'feel' quick and the weight of the v6 seemed to have a bad impact on handling.  While the 0-60 times with the 6 didn't seem great the 60-90 times were certainly something that'll get you into trouble in a hurry if your right foot is as heavy as mine.  I made the mistake of going to the gas as I took an on-ramp and was just under 100 on the speedo as I merged at the bottom.  According to the in-dash screen the average mpg with the 4 was a little under 30 when I first picked it up but it was down to 25 when I returned it a week later.  MPG with the 6 was low 20s.  I haven't driven one but suspect that the 4 with the stick may be the best overall package of balance, mileage and fuel economy.  I read that they are supposed to have AWD and hybrid versions out later this year.

If I were in the market for a ~$20k sedan I'd seriously consider one of these Mazdas Fords.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

not with the 6 cylinder

I deliver them daily and ,You sir, are wrong
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#14]
the ford website only lists the V6 version as only available with the automatic
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

not with the 6 cylinder

I deliver them daily and ,You sir, are wrong

You sure about  that?

www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fusion/features/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top