Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 10:33:41 AM EDT
I frequently have been a dupe nazi.

I don’t know why there is always a drive to be the first person to post a link and yell dupe.  Perhaps because it gives the typical member the power rush of almost having Mod like powers to lock a thread.

But due to recent discussions, I decided to approach it differently.  I know first hand with even as much time as I spend on here it is possible to miss things.  Also, if the last time something was posted was a year ago, there is a good chance that a lot of new people have not seen it.

So what do I do now, and have been doing recently?  I post a link.  Simple as that.  I see a dupe and I post a link to the largest thread that that particular thread is a dupe of.

I do not yell dupe.  I do not post dupe pictures. I simply post a link.  If the mods then deem it has been repetitive enough, or recent enough to lock it, then that is their business. Otherwise, I have now provided a link to more information about the current topic.

So if you post a topic, and I post a link to another thread of the same subject, don’t get pissy with me and call me a dupe nazi.  I am providing you a link to more information about your topic. If the mods lock it, talk to them.

Thank You.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You are a dupe nazi of the highest order. A provided link shows your dedication to the cause of irradicating identical posts.

You sir, are a hero of the dupe police.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You are a dupe nazi of the highest order. A provided link shows your dedication to the cause of irradicating identical posts.

Yeah, but I'm not going to be an ass about it anymore.

ETA  I cannot beleive that the first responce to thred thread was not "DUPE".
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but I'm not going to be an ass about it anymore.

ETA  I cannot beleive that the first responce to thred thread was not "DUPE".

Is that a dupe misspelling?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Dupe!

(you happy now?)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#6]
d00p!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=433326

Thanks.

That thread caused this thread.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#8]
You seem a little .....uhhh....obsessed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I don’t know why there is always a drive to be the first person to post a link and yell dupe.  Perhaps because it gives the typical member the power rush of almost having Mod like powers to lock a thread.

But due to recent discussions, I decided to approach it differently.  I know first hand with even as much time as I spend on here it is possible to miss things.  Also, if the last time something was posted was a year ago, there is a good chance that a lot of new people have not seen it.

So what do I do now, and have been doing recently?  I post a link.  Simple as that.  I see a dupe and I post a link to the largest thread that that particular thread is a dupe of.

I do not yell dupe.  I do not post dupe pictures. I simply post a link.  If the mods then deem it has been repetitive enough, or recent enough to lock it, then that is their business. Otherwise, I have now provided a link to more information about the current topic.

So if you post a topic, and I post a link to another thread of the same subject, don’t get pissy with me and call me a dupe nazi.  I am providing you a link to more information about your topic. If the mods lock it, talk to them.

Thank You.

It is really sad that someone has to have someone elses post locked just to feel they have power over another.[sarcasm]Why not go get a dog,you can yell at them and watch them cower in the corner,I'm sure you would get a huge power rush from that.[/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Thank You.

Hey, man....I was just being silly. No offense taken. I did miss the other thread, but I was just being goofy with my post. No hard feelings?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#12]
This is dupid.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hell, I've locked my own dupe threads

If I was a mod or staff I'd lock all threads as soon as I posted n them.........just to get the last word.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#14]
DUPE
Isn't this a dupe of lawdogs apology?  I'd post a link but don't know how.

Kidding!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hey, man....I was just being silly. No offense taken. I did miss the other thread, but I was just being goofy with my post. No hard feelings?

No hard feelings.  Sorry if I was a little harsh in that IM. I was not sure if you were kidding or not, but I was figuring not, I figured wrong.  So I just decided I would post this to let people know I am not trying to ba an ass and dupe everybody, I am trying to give you more info on your question/topic, or if the mods decide to lock it, the URL is already posted for them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
DUPE
Isn't this a dupe of lawdogs apology?  I'd post a link but don't know how.

Kidding!!!!

I am not apologizing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Hang 87 dupe police.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Then you're a dupe nazi
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#21]
bump for evening
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#22]
DUPE!!!1
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top