Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 11:24:32 PM EDT
I was finally able to retain an attorney today.  I have had the money for a bit now, but was waiting for a specific attorney to get off vacation.  He has a reputation for being BRUTAL if necessary in divorce cases.  2500.00 just to start.  I'm only hoping things go as he expects, and I pray they do...or it could get really spendy.  Just to give you all a heads up, the kids are doing great.  Hardest thing I suppose was for them to adjust to not seeing their mom anymore, but it seems to be getting easier all the time.  I don't want to get too specific, because right now I am really paranoid who may be watching this far into the game.  I just want all you who contributed to us that it is definately going for a good cause.  I am looking for my own place now.  I'm sure the folks are ready to have their peaceful life back.  It's tough though cause the damned rent is so friggin high here, and everyone wants 12 months on the job.  Even though I explain my circumstance, I still seem to get the shaft.  But I am far from done looking.  The journey thusfar has been tough, but I definately am done playing games with the wench, and am actually doing very well as far as emotions.  Just stressed out I guess.  Still can't seem to rest, and I doubt I will be able to until all this legal stuff is coming to a close.  Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I wanted to at least have some sort of progress to report when I did post.  I'll keep all who may be interested posted on the events occuring as they happen...to a degree.  Maybe once the dust had settled, I can really get in the thick of it.  Some VERY interesting things have been happening on the MN side.  Actually make me laugh outloud a lot!!  But as I said, I want to keep that to a minimum right now in case there is any corruption here.

Rusty
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was finally able to retain an attourney today.  I have had the money for a bit now, but was waiting for a specific attourney to get off vacation.  He has a reputation for being BRUTAL if necessary in divorce cases.  2500.00 just to start.  I'm only hoping things go as he expects, and I pray they do...or it could get really spendy.  Just to give you all a heads up, the kids are doing great.  Hardest thing I suppose was for them to adjust to not seeing their mom anymore, but it seems to be getting easier all the time.  I don't want to get too specific, because right now I am really paranoid who may be watching this far into the game.  I just want all you who contributed to us that it is definately going for a good cause.  I am looking for my own place now.  I'm sure the folks are ready to have their peaceful life back.  It's tough though cause the damned rent is so friggin high here, and everyone wants 12 months on the job.  Even though I explain my circumstance, I still seem to get the shaft.  But I am far from done looking.  The journey thusfar has been tough, but I definately am done playing games with the wench, and am actually doing very well as far as emotions.  Just stressed out I guess.  Still can't seem to rest, and I doubt I will be able to until all this legal stuff is coming to a close.  Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I wanted to at least have some sort of progress to report when I did post.  I'll keep all who may be interested posted on the events occuring as they happen...to a degree.  Maybe once the dust had settled, I can really get in the thick of it.  Some VERY interesting things have been happening on the MN side.  Actually make me laugh outloud a lot!!  But as I said, I want to keep that to a minimum right now in case there is any corruption here.

Rusty

Fuckin a Mudd...  

Good idea to maintain radio silence or nearly so.  

Thanks for the update.  You're a fucking outstanding dad!   Don't look back and keep on lovin those kids.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Hang in there, it WILL get better.

If you're concerned about leaking information that can somehow be used against you, I'd suggest keeping it in the Team Forum.  Out here in GD anyone on the planet can be eavesdropping.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes,you can never be to careful,keep looking for a place you will find the right person who will give you a break. Good luck to you and the kids.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to hear everyone is well, Good Luck to You!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If you're concerned about leaking information that can somehow be used against you, I'd suggest keeping it in the Team Forum.  Out here in GD anyone on the planet can be eavesdropping.

I thought about this too, but there are many non-team members who donated to me that deserve to hear my progress too.  They at least deserve that much from me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought about this too, but there are many non-team members who donated to me that deserve to hear my progress too.  They at least deserve that much from me.

And anyone with 24 dollars can read anything in there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Just remember: do as much of the day-to-day nose-wiping, feeding, bathing, et c. as you possibly ca yourself, get the kids as rooted where they are as possible (church, scouts, whatever you can do), and say nothing bad about their mom - in fact, call he on their behalf as often as possible, and write it down - especially if she doesn't answer or is too busy to talk to them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, everything IS done by me.  I wouldn't have it any other way!  I learned a few more key things from the attorney today that made me feel very secure in the prospect of all of this.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
You are/were in the military right?

I find few things worse than employers that won't even give veterans a chance!  

I know when I deal with anyone who has served in the military I always give them the benefit of the doubt because I am so grateful for their sacrifice.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#11]
OPSEC, trooper!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top