Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 10:42:28 PM EDT

ELDERLY WOMAN SHOOTS AND KILLS INTRUDER

For the second time in two months, an intruder breaks into the home of an elderly East St. Louis woman. The first time, she was beaten and robbed. This time, however, the woman was ready. 87-year-old Jacksie King fired three times and shot the intruder dead. The woman worked for a living up until she retired as a doctor's office receptionist just four years ago. She was a crime victim in December and her daughter got her a gun to protect herself. Around 2:00am, she fired three rounds from the revolver, walked into the kitchen and waited for her daughter to get there. Her daughter Pamela said, "When I got here she was in the kitchen and the gun was on the kitchen table, and I asked her way the gun was there, and she said, 'We had guests'." The break-in was similar to the one in December. The intruder cut the phone line, removed bars from a side porch window and tried to crash through the front door of the modest home in the 2100 block of Gaty. 49-year-old Larry Tillman was killed in the incident. He had a long criminal history of residential burglaries and lived just six blocks from Jacksie's home. Jacksie's daughter is protecting her from the glare of the spotlight, but she's obviously proud of the way her mother conducted herself. "People work all their lives for what little they have, and it's not fair for anyone to try to take that away from them." The Illinois state police investigated the shooting. They say they will not seek any charges against the gun-toting grandmother. During the last break-in, she ended up in Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Records show Tillman also had numerous armed robbery and drug charges.

http://www.fox2ktvi.com/

Get some granny!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
And this is just one of the 4 million+ instances each year where guns were used to prevent a crime and preserve human life. If the Brady Bunch had their way, this grandmother would have been defenseless and would have ended up dead.

How many of these good shoots will it take for fucking liberal democrap's to open their god damn eyes and realize that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens is a good thing?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

ELDERLY WOMAN SHOOTS AND KILLS INTRUDER

For the second time in two months, an intruder breaks into the home of an elderly East St. Louis woman. The first time, she was beaten and robbed. This time, however, the woman was ready. 87-year-old Jacksie King fired three times and shot the intruder dead. The woman worked for a living up until she retired as a doctor's office receptionist just four years ago. She was a crime victim in December and her daughter got her a gun to protect herself. Around 2:00am, she fired three rounds from the revolver, walked into the kitchen and waited for her daughter to get there. Her daughter Pamela said, "When I got here she was in the kitchen and the gun was on the kitchen table, and I asked her way the gun was there, and she said, 'We had guests'." The break-in was similar to the one in December. The intruder cut the phone line, removed bars from a side porch window and tried to crash through the front door of the modest home in the 2100 block of Gaty. 49-year-old Larry Tillman was killed in the incident. He had a long criminal history of residential burglaries and lived just six blocks from Jacksie's home. Jacksie's daughter is protecting her from the glare of the spotlight, but she's obviously proud of the way her mother conducted herself. "People work all their lives for what little they have, and it's not fair for anyone to try to take that away from them." The Illinois state police investigated the shooting. They say they will not seek any charges against the gun-toting grandmother. During the last break-in, she ended up in Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Records show Tillman also had numerous armed robbery and drug charges.

http://www.fox2ktvi.com/

Get some granny!

Yup, cause you can always call the police and the bars will keep anyone out.  No need for a gun at all...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The Illinois state police investigated the shooting. They say they will not seek any charges against the gun-toting grandmother.

Well, aren't THEY special???

They ought be saying, "Nice group, Ms. King.  We'll have this slimeball out of here and get someone in to clean it up for you."
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Awhile back, and old woman in Anderson (IIRC) SC shot and killed a would-be burglar with her .357mag. She said that she would have used her shotgun on him, but she had just had new cabinets installed, and didn't want to take the chance of damaging them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what kind of revolver she had.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Get some, Granny!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Go grandma!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]
that's like my wife, i came in one morning because i got rained out at work.  and i came up through the basement.  i thought she was still asleep and when i opened the door there she was IN THE CORNER with a fucking cell phone in her hand and trembling.  i'm like, "what the hell where you gonna do with that fucking throw it at the rapist?"  she said, "i was gonna call 911".  i said, "believe me you'll be his fucking cum bucket by the time the cops even think about gettin' here."  i told her i've got more firepower in our bedroom than anyone in town and she's got a phone in her had......well we're gonna fix that.  maybe after she reads this, she'll be more enthusiastic about learning to shoot.

jake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top