Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2001 4:33:17 PM EDT

Chris Matthews    Sunday, August 5, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's end the two-term limit on presidents -- quickly.

With Bill Clinton back on the political stage, why should the American people be denied their choice of chief executive? Why should a 22nd amendment passed by Republicans to get even with Franklin Roosevelt stop 21st century Americans from having the president we want?

Just look at the media jamboree attending Clinton's return to the spotlight.

All he did was open an office in Harlem and it was like Napoleon, just back from Elba, kissing the French flag.

Democracy helps explain all the hoopla. People like leaders who are (a) full of optimism and love of country and (b) don't think they're better than we are.

Sure, Bill Clinton abused the office of the president on any number of occasions, from Mardi Gras-style fund-raising in the Lincoln Bedroom to weird transactions with Monica behind the Oval Office. Then he tried making serfs of the American people by lying to our faces. Then he kissed his contributors with a billion-dollar pardon to Marc Rich.

But no one doubts that this guy loves not just the concept of America, but its nitty-gritty reality. Nobody has ever loved the crowds like this guy. Nobody, not even his worst enemy, can claim that Bill Clinton thinks he's morally or culturally better than we are. This guy is MTV all the way.

That's why he won twice, why people -- and I'm not just talking about people in Harlem -- would love to see him back in the saddle.

For Clinton to run again for president, we need to rid the Constitution of that nasty, let's-get-even 22nd amendment the Republicans jammed through after World War II.

Just as the British thanked Winston Churchill for winning World War II by dumping him as prime minister in the first election after V-E Day, the Americans paid tribute to FDR by making sure that no one else got to repeat his 4-0 record in presidential elections.

[center][b]PAGE 1[/b][/center]

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#1]
[center][b]PAGE 2[/b][/center]

president You might have made a case for the 22nd back in the late 1940s, before TV. That was a time when a president could hide his paralysis in the beginning of his term in office, his failing health toward the end. We can certainly agree that the man who met with Stalin at Yalta in February 1945 did not have the same strength of body as the leader who fought for Lend-Lease or rallied the country after Pearl Harbor.

Does anyone think that kind of cover-up would work in the days of cable television? Thanks to 24-7 TV, our presidents are continually on camera. That is, if they want to be on camera. If they don't, we notice that too.

Ending the two-term ban is a very libertarian idea. "If you want to vote for someone, we shouldn't have a rule that tells them they can't." That's what Ronald Reagan said about the 22nd amendment. "There are plenty of safeguards against the power of the presidency that would prevent him from becoming a lifetime monarch."

Veteran historian Arthur Schlesinger Jr., who chronicled the Roosevelt presidency and participated in JFK's brain trust, agrees. "Nothing makes a president more attentive to popular needs and concerns than the desire for re- election," he observes.

Though Reagan never wanted a third term, I can think of another popular president who could have made good use of one: Dwight Eisenhower. I doubt this great soldier-statesman, who refused to bail out the French in Indochina in the early '50s, would have put 500,000 American troops into Vietnam. The great thing about having been the one to receive the Nazi surrender is that you don't have to prove your military prowess.

As for Clinton, I voted for him twice, wish I hadn't the second time, but still think this country could stand a jolt of pure democracy right now.

For that, parties need to have their best players on the field. And so does the country. I don't know about you, but I could live without another Bush- Gore go-to.

We can kill that nightmare right now. We can end the two-term limit. We can rid the Constitution of this petty little provision. We can let the people decide who they want as ent.

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Women adore Clinton, and as Hitler observed, the crowd IS a woman.  I'm starting to think no one has been so adept at manipulating crowds as Clinton since Hitler.  Though unlike Hitler, Clinton is a world-class lothario.  There are a few other differences beyond that, too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 6:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah Chris...we really want BC back in the White House.  This is just the kind of charismatic guy we want running our country:

"I pray this email reaches a person who has the "gumption" to research andreport this information to the American people. The media has done a graveinjustice to their country to allow something like this to go unreportedand not plastered on every newspaper in the country. I think of thescandal the reporters, Woodward and Bernstein started with Watergate underthe Nixon Administration. If only half of the death's listed below are verified, this would make Watergate seem so minor. Break ins and wiretapping pale greatly next to murder.

The media today, has decided they will only report what they want the American public to know, and not necessarilythe facts. It reminds me of the Communist Propaganda I read about inschool. Computer Technology is a wonderful tool. Within 3 days after the bombing of the USS Cole, many internet readers received email from a sailor who wasassisting the Cole and it's crew. Who is to say this email we are sending will not fall into the hands of a responsible, professional journalist, that might investigate these deaths and expose the biggest cover up in this nation's history? Please pass this on... What are the odds the following info is just coincidental ?-----------------------------

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BILL CLINTON'S FRIEND??

James McDougal - Clinton's convicted Whitewater partner died of an apparent heart attack, while in solitary confinement. He was a key witness in Ken Starr's investigation.

Mary Mahoney - A former White House intern was murdered July 1997 at a Starbucks Coffee Shop in Georgetown. The murder happened just after she was to go public with her story of sexual harassment in the WhiteHouse.

Vince Foster - Former white House counselor, and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock's Rose law firm. Died of a gunshot wound to thehead,  ruled a suicide.

Ron Brown - Secretary of Commerce and former DNC Chairman. Reported to have died by impact in a plane crash. A pathologist close to the investigation reported that there was a hole in the top of Brown's skull resembling a gunshot wound. At the time of his death Brown was being investigated, and spoke publicly of his willingness to cut a deal with prosecutors.

C. Victor Raiser II - & - Montgomery Raiser, Major players in the Clinton fund raising organization died in a private plane crash in July 1992.

Paul Tulley - Democratic National Committee Political Director found deadin a hotel room in Little Rock, September 1992. Described by Clinton as a"Dear friend and trusted advisor".

Ed Willey - Clinton fund raiser, found dead November 1993 deep in the woods in Virginia of a gunshot wound to the head. Ruled a suicide. Ed Willey died on the same day his wife Kathleen Willey claimed Bill Clinton groped her in the oval office in the White House. Ed Willey was involved in several Clinton fund raising events.

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Jerry Parks - Head of Clinton's gubernatorial security team in Little Rock. Gunned down in his car at a deserted intersection outside Little Rock. Park's son said his father was building a dossier on Clinton. He allegedly threatened to reveal this information. After he died the files were mysteriously removed from his house.

James Bunch - Died from a gunshot suicide. It was reported that he had a "Black Book" of people containing names of influential people who visited prostitutes in Texas and Arkansas.

James Wilson - Was found dead in May 1993 from an apparent hangingsuicide. He was reported to have ties to Whitewater.

Kathy Ferguson, ex-wife of Arkansas Trooper Danny Ferguson, was founddead in May 1994, in her living room with a gunshot to her head. It was ruled a suicide even though there were several packed suitcases, as if she was going somewhere. Danny Ferguson was a co-defendant along with Bill Clinton in the Paula Jones lawsuit. Kathy Ferguson as a possible corroborating witness for Paula Jones.

Bill Shelton - Arkansas state Trooper and fiancee of Kathy Ferguson. Critical of the suicide ruling of his fiancee, he was found dead in June, 1994 of a gunshot wound also ruled a suicide at the gravesite of his fiancee.

Gandy Baugh - Attorney for Clinton friend Dan Lassater, died by jumpingout a window of a tall building January, 1994. His client was a convicted drug distributor.

Florence Martin - Accountant & sub-contractor for the CIA, was related tothe Barry Seal Mena Airport drug smuggling case. He died of three gunshot wounds.

Suzanne Coleman - Reportedly had an affair with Clinton when he was Arkansas Attorney General. Died of a gunshot wound to the back of the head, ruled a suicide. Was pregnant at the time of her death.

Paula Grober - Clinton's speech interpreter for the deaf from 1978 untilher death December 9, 1992. She died in a one car accident.

Danny Casolaro - Investigative reporter. Investigating Mena Airport and Arkansas Development Finance Authority. He slit his wrists, apparent suicide in the middle of his investigation.

Paul Wilcher - Attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport withCasolaro in the 1980 "October Surprise" was found dead on a toilet June22,  1993 in his Washington DC apartment. Had delivered a report to Janet Reno 3 weeks before his death.

Jon Parnell Walker - Whitewater investigator for Resolution Trust Corp. Jumped to his death from his Arlington, VA apartment balcony August 15,1993 He was investigating the Morgan Guarantee scandal.

Barbara Wise - Commerce Department staffer. Worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang. Cause of death unknown. Died November 29, 1996. Her bruised nude body was found locked in her office at the Department of Commerce.

Charles Meissner - Assistant Secretary of Commerce who gave John Huang special security clearance, died shortly thereafter in a small plane crash.

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Dr. Stanley Heard - Chairman of the National Chiropractic Health Care Advisory Committee died with his attorney Steve Dickson in a small plane crash. Dr. Heard, in addition to serving on Clinton's advisory council personally treated Clinton's mother, step-father and brother.

Barry Seal - Drug running pilot out of Mena Arkansas, Death was no accident.

Johnny Lawhorn Jr. - Mechanic, found a check made out to Bill Clinton in the trunk of a car left at his repair shop. He was found dead after his car had hit a utility pole.

Stanley Huggins - Investigated Madison Guarantee. His death was apurported and his report was never released.

Hershell Friday - Attorney and Clinton fund raiser died March 1, 1994 whenhis plane exploded.

Kevin Ives & Don Henry - Known as "The boys on the track" case. Reports say the boys may have stumbled upon the Mena Arkansas airport drug operation. A controversial case, the initial report of death said, due to falling asleep on railroad track. Later reports claim the 2 boys had been slain before being placed on the tracks. Many linked to the case died before their testimony could come before a Grand Jury.

THE FOLLOWING SIX PERSONS HAD INFORMATION ON THE IVES / HENRY CASE:

Keith Coney - Died when his motorcycle slammed into the back of a truck,

July, 1988 Keith McMaskle - Died stabbed 113 times,

Nov, 1988 Gregory Collins - Died from a gunshot wound January 1989.

Jeff Rhodes - He was shot, mutilated and found burned in a trash dump in April 1989.

James Milan - Found decapitated. However, the Coroner ruled his death was due to natural causes.

Jordan Kettleson - Was found shot to death in the front seat of his pickup truck in June 1990.

Richard Winters - A suspect in the Ives /Henry deaths. He was killed in a set-up robbery July 1989

THE FOLLOWING CLINTON BODYGUARDS ARE DEAD:

Major William S. Barkley Jr.

Captain Scott J. ReynoldsSgt.

Brian Hanley

Sgt. Tim Sabel

Major General William Robertson

Col. William Densberger

Col. Robert Kelly

Spec. Gary Rhodes

Steve Willis

Robert Williams

Conway LeBleu

Todd McKeehan

Pass it on to everyone you know. Help open the eyes of the public to what happens to "Friends of Bill's!!"
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
When Klinton won... it wasn't like the GOP had heavy weights going agains him.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, like in 1996, with Sen. Robert Dole, the [b]only[/b] GOP candidate that Carville's polling indicated that Clinton was [u]certain[/u] to beat!

I liked the bumper sticker for Dole with his photo on it, that said:
[size=4]Vote For Dole, Because It's My Turn[/size=4]

Eric The(Can'tArgueWithLogicLikeThat!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Jesus Christ, how many people did Clinton kill? I didn't know that Katheren Wiley's husband got shot????? The media never reported that one.

Anyway, Chris Matthews is an idiot. He says: "Nobody, not even his worst enemy, can claim that Bill Clinton thinks he's morally or culturally better than we are". This is a bunch of crap, cause if Clinton did not think he was superior and above everyone else, there is no way in hell he would have did what he did while in office. Scandal, after scandal after scandal, he ignored the rule of law and the morality which he claimed to possess as a Christian. He makes me sick to my stomach.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Matrix, I had that list years ago, but needed to get it again.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:58:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh man, your going to get me started again.....

Plagerized, copied and extrapolated.....

Article II, Section 4, United States Constitution....

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States,
shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason,
Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

From an article by Chuck Klein in Guns and Ammo relating to the above...  "It is well established that, while in office, Bill Clinton committed perjury, a misdemeanor, in the "Monica Lewinsky matter."  Those Senators who voted not to convict in his impeachment trial were not fulfilling their oath of office to uphold the constitution."

Who here can post the names of those Senators?...

Bill was a symptom.  Time to root out the cause.  Or at least hound the bastards who went along with it.

Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:18:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I would like to be a friend of Comrade Klinton if I could stay armed, and not have to turn my back on him, or anyone he has hired to maintain "national security"! Hey most of the murdered victims were security risks anyway so they don't count! I believe Mr. McViegh referred to these folks as "collateral damage". It's a shame we couldn't run "Timmy" against "Billy".
TF
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:24:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Bring back [b]Bill the Cat[/b]!  *ACK!*

(if anyone else here read Bloom County, while it was published)

Tyler
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#13]
[center][b][size=6][blue]THIS IS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT,IF CHRIS MATTHEWS HAD BEEN ANYTHING OTHER THAN A LAP DOG FOR DNC YOU WOULD OF BEEN DIRECT TO THE NEAREST TOILET TO PUKE!,THANK YOU[b][size=6][/blue][/center]

Matrix, We should [u][b]NEVER[/b][/u] forget what a wonderful man SlickWilly was.

READ "AND THAN THEIR WHERE NONE" sorry the Author slips me at the moment.[:(]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 6:21:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Chris Matthews is a bottom-feeding butt sniffer.
His support of liberals is well known.  The only reasons he has any Republicans on his show is he has to, and I think he actually likes some of these guys, just not their views.

He is very anti NRA, although he gives them credit when they win over people on a given issue.

I think he has said that a member of his family,
perhaps his brother, is a supporter of the NRA.

I haven't watched him "perform" in a long time, being tired of the bias, so I don't know what he's been up to lately.  You can bet it isn't supporting Second Amendment rights.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Some think Clinton was actually recruited by China while visiting there as a teen/young adult many, many years ago...it would help to explain why he feels he & Hillary are immune to American Law...why worry when the communist Super Power is your protector...& funder?

And then we have this that nicely follows:
"Diplomatic Graffiti: Bill Clinton versus China"

Appraise war in terms of the fundamental factors. The first of these factors, is moral influence. -- Sun Tzu

Befuddled Americans think Bill Clinton's major war is in Yugoslavia. Actually, Clinton's war is with China. And he already lost. Under Clinton's watch, China has successfully stolen, bought, or was simply given the blueprints for every modern American nuclear weapon -- and the guidance systems to accurately deliver them. Like Reagan's brilliant victory over the Soviet Union, China never fired a shot. They simply waited until we had a corruptible president, and simply corrupted him.

One who is not acquainted with the designs of his neighbors should not enter into alliances with them. -- Sun Tzu

Bill Clinton's political prostitution has never been questioned... it's always been a matter of price. Wise world leaders have long recognized Clinton as an egotistical political charlatan, capable of being elected in a nation enamored with personality and ignorant of wisdom. Such leaders aren't spun by James Carville and Dan Rather. Instead, they laugh at Clinton's bumbling and self-aggrandizement. Then take advantage of him. No wonder the Chinese wanted Clinton to be president.

All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him. -- Sun Tzu

The political greed of Clinton and his Democrats drove them directly into the Chinese espionage trap. Like all nations, China has been snooping around for years, picking up a snippet here, a spoonful there.
But under Clinton's watch, China got the entire bag of goodies. It wasn't even expensive. For a few million dollars to the DNC, China gained complete access and even protection via Janet Reno's Justice Department. When Clinton's people discovered the damage, they did nothing. When the damage came to light, Clinton's administration tried to blame everyone else. What could they do? Admit their treason?

Those who excel in war first cultivate their own humanity and justice and maintain their laws and institutions. By these means they make their governments invincible. -- Sun Tzu

Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Led by his pathological ego, Clinton breaks rules and laws at his leisure, victimizing friends and foes alike. In the meantime, he stumbles from one manufactured crisis to another, all designed to cover his tracks. He distracts the nation by flinging bombs across the world, converting sleeping dogs into resentful enemies. Meanwhile, China picked our pockets and built coalitions against us while Clinton parades around, a team of flakes shilling for him.
Clinton inherited a world that respected America, and like a drunken gambler, parlayed American prestige into the gutter. He managed to destroy the careful coalition of nations aligned against Iraq. He ruined world confidence in NATO. He managed to weaken Russia as a state, yet strengthen their diplomatic presence. He strengthened China's hand unimaginably, creating instability in the region. He simultaneously stoked the nuclear fires between India and Pakistan, two wary but previously contented enemies. Now, rogue nations such as North Korea and Iran are stretching their claws, armed with Chinese missiles which can reach America. And Taiwan is just a bit edgier today.
When Clinton leaves office, America will have less friends than his first day as President. Thanks to Reagan and Bush, the United States isn't on her knees. But Clinton proved America is willing to turn a few tricks for the right price.

"When the leader is morally weak and his discipline not strict, when his instructions and guidance are not enlightened, when there are no consistent rules. Neighboring rulers will take advantage of this". -- Sun Tzu

Every nation is perpetually at war. For a president, every move, every word, every action has consequences to the entire nation from that moment well into the future. The concepts behind successfully leading a nation are not new, but the naive, arrogant and power-hungry seem to create endless varieties of how to commit the same mistakes. The less we pay attention, the greater damage each mistake creates.

On this Memorial Day, remember those who fought for our nation, especially those who gave their lives so we may be free.

Consider how easily their sacrifice can be squandered. And how often it has happened.

And whether you will ever let that happen to another American son or daughter.

War is a matter of vital importance to the state; a matter of life or death, the road either to survival or to ruin. -- Sun Tzu"
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Gore lost his memory 85 times during questioning by the FBI about his role in "Chinagate."

The transcripts of Gore under questioning revealed that Gore stated:

"I have no recollection", or "I have no independent recollection" at least 30 times.

"I can't recall" or "I don't recall" at least 22 times.

"I can't remember", "I don't remember" or "I'm not remembering" at least 23 times.

At least one of the following ten times, "I have no memory", "have no independent memory", "I don't have a memory of it", or, "I have a vague memory".

So, either Gore is having some brain problems that Dems are accusing Bush of having, or he's just a slick liar like Clinton. Which version do you want to believe?

Make an easy choice: Vote Bush/Cheney
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Secretly I think the gun industry wishes he was back in office. Nothing like fear of a ban to push you into buying another AR.

Clinton and the threat of Gore sold more guns than anything else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top