Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:40:59 PM EDT
Anybody guide me?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd guess nuke from orbit.  Either that or reformat and start over.  Did MS leave you a little present?  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd guess nuke from orbit.  Either that or reformat and start over.  Did MS leave you a little present?  

+1 MS beta software is difficult, if not impossible to remove, they should have told you that during the install.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Try this from Microsofts site:

QUOTE:
Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview and return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Click “Start,” and then click “Control Panel.”
Click “Add or Remove Programs.”
Check “Show Updates” at the top of the dialog box.
Scroll down the list to “Windows XP – Software Updates,” select “Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview,” and then click "Change/Remove."
If "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" does not exist, run %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe. You need to have "view hidden folders" enabled.
UNQUOTE
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
You are gonna have to take your PC out back and shoot the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]
What bubblehead said, did the same thing.  What a dog.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You are gonna have to take your PC out back and shoot the shit out of it.

Fucking dont tempt me.....
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#8]
[nelson]HA HA!!![/nelson]

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Try this from Microsofts site:

QUOTE:
Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview and return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Click “Start,” and then click “Control Panel.”
Click “Add or Remove Programs.”
Check “Show Updates” at the top of the dialog box.
Scroll down the list to “Windows XP – Software Updates,” select “Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview,” and then click "Change/Remove."
If "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" does not exist, run %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe. You need to have "view hidden folders" enabled.
UNQUOTE

Thanks for the help... That did it... ( I wanted to shoot this piece of shit  Dell too... Dammit!!!)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#10]
You are welcome, but watch for "inconsistencies" with how your system may act.  Too often, beta software, especially Microsoft, leaves trace files that may cause certain functions or services to act a bit off.  

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#11]
OHHHH... Maybe a shoot is in the future after all!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#12]
So what was the  problems with it?  Did it try to look and act like Firefox
Was it the new software or was it the interaction between Dells Windows version and he new software?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#13]
[obligatory]Kill it with fire![/obligatory]   IE7
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Was it the new software or was it the interaction between Dells Windows version and he new software?

Quirky, menus were slow sometimes, back button didn't work sometimes on my (Microsoft) mouse, toolbars were inflexible and did not allow me to configure it the way I like it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quirky, menus were slow sometimes, back button didn't work sometimes on my (Microsoft) mouse, toolbars were inflexible and did not allow me to configure it the way I like it.

+ a big one   Like Firefox much better
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top