Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 6:09:20 PM EDT
Any traders out there? I've been doing trades based on technical analysis for the last few years, anyone else do the same? Gotta pay for those cool toys somehow.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
i trade a bit, but i don't mess with technical analysis, i don't really "believe" in that.  i usually buy long-term call options (expiration date a few years away) on stocks which i think are undervalued.  this gives me quite a bit of leverage, but plenty of time for things to turn around if it doesn't work out in the short term.  i bought into energy stocks last summer and they have done quite well for me.  i lost a ton trying to day-trade oil futures in december though, i don't do that anymore
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Statarb = teh m0ney.

Our statarb group was making money hand over fist..well, until 9/11. Then all the models went right out the window...and they hit bottom, and shortly therafter, started to dig.

I'm not sure they've caught up yet...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i trade a bit, but i don't mess with technical analysis, i don't really "believe" in that.  i usually buy long-term call options (expiration date a few years away) on stocks which i think are undervalued.  this gives me quite a bit of leverage, but plenty of time for things to turn around if it doesn't work out in the short term.  i bought into energy stocks last summer and they have done quite well for me.  i lost a ton trying to day-trade oil futures in december though, i don't do that anymore

The more I trade, the more I see "believe in" technical analysis.  I still don't do it based purely on TA though.  I find a stock the Peter Lynch way, and use TA for timing.  I used to "day trade" although it wasn't blind as with true day trading, some days I made $100K, some days I lost $100K.  Those were the good ol days (1999-2000).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top