Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 11:38:28 AM EDT
So my father-in-law spends a lot of time at our place managing our building, etc...

He calls me up at lunch as says that he saw the DHL truck pull up . The driver walks up to our courtyard gate and tries the latch. Of course it's locked. Instead of ringing the clearly marked bell by pressing the very obvious button, the driver proceeds to yank and pull on the gate latch, heaving away on it until the handle snaps off.

This is not some little flimsy latch handle. It's like a garage handle. I can't imagine how much pressure it took to break it.

So the idiot looks at the latch, shrugs and tosses it on the ground, and tosses our package over the top of the 8 foot gate, gets back into his truck and drives off.

Now... I wasn't expecting any deliveries per se. I generally have them delivered to our shop where people are there to sign for them, etc...

So the package in question?

A New Customer Welcome Kit.

Tweet had opened a DHL account for shipping.

Yeah... welcome to DHL alright.

So it doesn't stop there.

I call the 800 #. They finally get me through to the regional depot manager, who is very apologetic, but essentially tells me that I have to pursue their local subcontract carrier company.

Ummm... I don't think so.

I told him that the driver's truck said DHL on the side, the driver was wearing a DHL uniform, and the package was delivered with a DHL waybill on it, so DHL will be the company pursued for damages.

I am filing a vandalism police report when I get home. Already talked to my local chief of police and he's sending out an officer when I get in from the evening commute.

I can't believe this crap. I've got a $500 homeowner deductible and the repair estimate is only $270.

SONOFABITCH!!!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I would order something and have it shipped DHL,and then wait in the grass for him.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would order something and have it shipped DHL,and then wait in the grass for him.

I think this is the best suggestion you will get out of this thread.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#3]
If it makes you feel any better, from what I'm told it only takes three complaints against a driver to get him fired.

One down.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

that truly sucks.  

Gotta love large corporations trying to pass the buck, when they are obviously at fault.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

But why didn't your FIL yell at the silly SOB and make him stop??
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I hate DHL because our customers will return their meters to be repaired freight collect and DHL will accept them w/o our shipper number.

We discourage our customers and vendors from using DHL.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

that truly sucks.  

Gotta love large corporations trying to pass the buck, when they are obviously at fault.

Yes DHL is responsible....but it was the dumbass that was working for them who did it.

It's not like DHL has a corporate policy to destroy property of their new customers.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

But why didn't your FIL yell at the silly SOB and make him stop??

He was trying to, but he couldn't get the window open. He was in the kitchen on the 2nd floor, which overlooks the gate area in the back. He said he knocked on the window but the guy didn't hear him or pay any attention.

We normally don't get mail or deliveries to the home address for this reason. It's not feasible to have someone come down to the gate to open it up. It literally takes a couple of minutes to walk from the kitchen all the way through the building, down the stairs, out into the courtyard and across the courtyard to the gate.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Problem is getting the same driver everyday.

The drivers that stop by here rotate day to day.

Unless you POSITIVELY know who it is, you may be harrassing an innocent driver.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#10]
DHL once delivered 3 consecutive job offer packages sent overnight intended for me to the wrong address. They finally got it right on the 4th try after a few calls from the company sending them. I was less than pleased.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#11]
This reminds me of a story from when i worked as a courrier. One of our drivers backed into a sign at a store and told the ownwer he would report it to his boss and get him a check,two months later he calls wanting to know where his money is,driver got fired because he never told anyone about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top