Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:35:02 AM EDT
pretty interesting
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
This better be good, because I turned off police chases on Spike.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Which episode was it?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
On History?   Beats me, its STILL on commerical break!

Edit - My cable company renumbered (a few) of my channels!  I was on BET!  (Imagine the irony there...)

Weather Channel went from 13 to 66...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Baghdad.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#5]
some good stories
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:59:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Baghdad.

Pretty incredible.

I was particularly fascinated and impressed by the breaching teams clearing houses. They literally break down the door and find insurgents already taking aim at the doorway with AK's, PKM's, RPG's, and whatever else.

How about the Marine who stabbed the Iraqi in the temple with his KBar, or the other one who went in the marsh after one with just a knife?

Serious shit alright.

I'd bet it happens 1,000 times for very story we saw on the show.

Great stuff and finally some positive perspective on the bravery and sacrifice our men are putting forward
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:08:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, they must be desperate for ratings!!!  Who's against who?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#8]
i saw that..it was pretty wild.

i cant imagine pulling a blade out and wading out to "find" someone...in a marsh.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#9]
History Channel's "Shoot-Out" and "Under Fire" are both great shows!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]
They've had multiple shows on the Iraq war. I like the format of the show with the computer graphic stuff and mapping of the situation they're about to describe. It's better than any Hollywood TV show or movie.
The one two nights ago was good. The house to house sweeping is really high risk. That like requires two pairs of brass balls. I don't know why they were using flash bang grenades instead of normal grenades though. It didn't prove effective that one time they walked into a room where an insurgent dropped a real grenade.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#12]
i saw one on SF guys in afghanistan.  some intense shit right there.

everyone sees the end result on TV, and nobody really thinks about the REAL fighting it took to accomplish it
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top