Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2001 2:35:48 PM EDT
With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...  

Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2001

Now Gun Grabbers Want Your Sword

Supporters of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution who facetiously wonder what the gun grabbers will want next have their answer: sword and knife control.

In an article headlined "Knife control laws to be tightened," the Irish Independent revealed Tuesday that "Health and Children Committee chairman" Batt O'Keeffe "claimed that while Irish gun-controls are amongst the best in the world, there is an alarming disparity of control for weapons such as knives and swords."

"Concern has mounted over recent months at the spiral in violent crime," with Ireland's thugs preying on an unarmed populace like cats among the pigeons.

O'Keeffe's answer: Crack down even further by tightening controls under the 11-year-old Offensive Weapons Act and compiling a national register of knives and swords "capable of inflicting serious harm."

"The 1990 act does contain controls for knives, but I believe these are inadequate to deal with the scale of the problem," he fretted.

It's only a matter of time before Samurai Sword Control Inc. sets up shop in America. Next, no doubt, will be a global registry of bathtubs, in which parents have been known to drown their children.

Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, it's going to be tough eating without any silverware.  I'm no damn good with chopsticks and you could still poke your eye out with one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
[center][b][size=6][blue]  I'm now offering Trigger locks for all yourKNIVES,SKATEBOARD ROLLERBLADE AND ANYTHING ELSE DEEM TO HAVE ANY
EVIL FEATURE!"IF WE SAVE JUST ONE LIFE IT WILL BE WORTH IT"[/b][size=6][/blue][/center]

[:O)]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Then, before much longer, there will be a camera in every room of your home "for your protection".  Big Brother has to keep a benevolent eye on us!  We'll all be allowed to eat with soft plastic utensils, but that will be all right.  The only food we'll be allowed will be a vegetable paste because we all know that meat is murder and bad for us.  Can't have frying pans anyway, someone might get hurt.  And of course we can't have stoves because ten children a day are scalded by pulling pots of boiling water off of them.  It's "for the children" you know!

Why is it that no one in politics admits that's where we're headed with this stuff?[pissed]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
They can have my sword when they pry it from my cold, dead wife!

oh, nevermind.

"I'll take SWORDS for $1,000"

"That's 'S Words', Mr. Connery."
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
KBaker

I have the perfect picture for that camera (  |  )
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
They have tried to do this here in Australia, and it fizzled out quick smart! After the theft of our guns, it would cause mass civil disobedience.

What started it all was cultural traditions by our socalled 'new' Australians. All Asian and Middle east men (basically gang related) carrying big fucken blades, such as meat axes and machettes, etc. Not afraid to use em too.

After a Aussie boy (15yrs old) was chased down George St by 30 Asian Triad members for being Australian in their turf, and repeatedly stabbed, and after a off duty police constable had his nose cut off, and was stabbed, clubbed and beaten to death by the Assyrian Kings (Middle East Gang), the govt wanted action.

It did not happen. You can't punnish innocent people for the actions of some Crims. Why should us Aussies have to pay for the actions of Ethnics and Asian crime tradition. Deport the cu*ts! Full stop!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Those Micks have it bass ackwards.  They shouldn't pass restrictions on knives and swords, they should let citizens carry handguns.

Then you'd see the punks be more leery of attacking people with impunity.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#9]
And mom used to scold me for eating with my fingers. I was just years ahead of my time.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I only keep pre-ban swords so I will be safe.

model 1860 cavalry sabers are mean but the should be preban because they fit the 100 year antique period. I don't want to bury my swords too dang!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe all this crap will stop when they ban the soccer moms from allowing their kids to attend Ninja school.  Sheesh, soccer moms hate violence, yet think it's OK to teach their kids how to snap a neck, or break an arm and leg in an instant.  Oh yea, but that is self defense.  BINGO!  
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#13]
The majority of guns turned in were old crap, which the police and media used in their favour. Qtys etc, etc.

SA rifles were banned, and people were generoulsy compensated (not like Canada when they just took em).

The good thing is only a small ammount of SAs were turned in. There was and is civil disobedience still, by the diehards.

Example only 15% of SKS rifles were turned in. There wre 10s of thousands imported. That leaves 85% of them still in the hands of our people.  

They were not registered then, so the govt had no idea who has them, and still doesn't. The govt used the death of 35 people shot in Tasmania as an emotional tool, to shame people to turn in their guns.

Although I consider gun owner oppressed here, we are no pussies by any means. Canada has it a lot worse in some ways, and the gun grabbers are trying their best in the USA too. I hope they never succeed. Never give in!
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll give em my sword, as long as they provide a nice scabbard to stick it in [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top