Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 6:31:07 AM EDT
Anybody use Spywareblaster?

I got a new computer and downloaded it. It just freezes up when I try to update it. It used to work on the old computer, but about a month ago it started doing the same thing, so I removed it.

Anybody else have this problem?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Been using it for a long time, no problems. Try uninstalling it and download the latest version.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I uninstalled it and redownloaded it a couple of times with the same result before I gave up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you run full virus scans? Reason I ask is that I have encountered viri that disable common antivirus programs. Could be you got one that also disables anti-malware/spyware programs...

If you haven't yet, run sweeps with Spybot S&D, Adaware, and TrojanHunter (free download 30-day trial).
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Have you run full virus scans? Reason I ask is that I have encountered viri that disable common antivirus programs. Could be you got one that also disables anti-malware/spyware programs...

If you haven't yet, run sweeps with Spybot S&D, Adaware, and TrojanHunter (free download 30-day trial).

Yup, Spybot and Adaware SE come up clean, as does Norton.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top