Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 7:43:04 PM EDT
Thank Heaven For Little Girls (In Mecca)
by Joe Katzman on February 7, 2006 03:25 AM

I was flipping through The Religious Policeman's humourous site, which in turn led me to another Saudi blog-site called Saudi Jeans. His story about kids at a food court in a mall fleeing en masse because a Saudi religious policeman (muttawa) was sighted is... revealing. But that isn't what I'm here to share, because that wasn't the best part.

No, the best part was a comment from Kuwaiti blogger McArabian, as she related a friend's experience in Mecca with the Saudi Religious Police. It's a classic, and in a good way:

A friend of mine was in Mecca and she was young enough that she didn't need to cover her face, but tall enough that people are never sure what her age is.

So a Religious Police fella came over and smacked her on the leg with a stick. She promptly pulled off her shoe and smacked him on the head with it [JK note: VERY insulting in Arab culture]. The man was so surprised that he can only look at her dad, and her dad shrugged, "didn't they tell you never to hit a Kuwaiti girl?"

Honest to Allah truth. :)

You go, girl!

« ok, I'm done now

Direct Link | Comments (1) | TrackBacks (0) | Printer-Friendly | E-mail This!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top