Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 7:33:21 PM EDT
I do once in a while, but I have noticed that it doesn't always work.  For instance, I subscribed to a thread when it was at page 3, and I went into my subscriptions and clicked on the thread and it is on page 5.  I never recieved an email about any postings to the thread.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't, but I already get too damned many emails.

Hell I have unread emails from Dec.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I did once.

Then i found out that subscribing to a thread that gets 300 replies can really kill your inbox.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
you may have a spam filter thats catching the arfcom emails.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not just "tag" interesting threads?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why not just "tag" interesting threads?

I believe that is why tag is so popular.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:26:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I use it a lot but I have to limit my self to checking the E-mails to twice a day, otherwise I would never get anything else done

I think that there is a bug in that the subscriptions sometimes unsubscribe their selfs.
Also now the system is changed so that there is only one notification since the subscribed thread was last viewed.

I don't like the tag system because I feel like I will miss something
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:41:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I did once.

Then i found out that subscribing to a thread that gets 300 replies can really kill your inbox.

Every thread. They've limited the number of times you get an email notification now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top