Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 8:06:24 AM EDT
I'm pretty damn sore and my arms don't want to straighten out all the way, anyone know of any streches I could do in order to get back to normal?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:14:37 AM EDT
[#1]

But seriously...  I ran 13 miles on Saturday, followed up by 5 yesterday...  my legs are so friggin' sore right now, walking to the bathroom is a chore.

Take a few ibuprofen and tell yourself you're not getting older, you're getting better...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Heat packs and work out again ASAP. Sauna/hot tub if you have it.

make sure you stretch before and after your workout if you are doing supersets.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm pretty damn sore and my arms don't want to straighten out all the way, anyone know of any streches I could do in order to get back to normal?

Happens to me last week when I over did legs. You just need to suffer through it. Unless you are in acute pain, just take some "vitamin I" and it will go away within two days.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Hang down from a chin up bar.  Pull your arm across your body.

Hold each stretch for 10 to 15 seconds and repeat two or three times.

Tricep Stretch

1. Cross right arm over chest.
  2. Pull right elbow with left hand.
  3. Repeat on other side.

Overhead Tricep Stretch

1. Raise right arm.
  2. Pull right elbow with left hand.
  3. Repeat on other side.

1. Hold one end of a towel in your right hand.

2. Raise and bend right arm to drape towel down back. Keep your right arm in this position and continue holding onto the towel.

3. Reach behind your lower back and grasp bottom end of towel with left hand.

4. Climb your left hand progressively higher up towel, which also pulls your right arm down. Continue until your hands touch, or as close as you can comfortably go.

Bicep Stretch

Put one hand on a door frame, slightly above your shoulder height.  Make sure that the elbow of that arm is bent about 90 degrees.  also, be sure that your knuckles are facing straight backward.  Gently turn away from your arm.  This is an upper bicep stretch.

Stand tall, feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent. Clasp hands behind back with palms together. Straighten arms and gently raise them away from the body.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That's not over-doing it.  That's what happens when you actually work the muscles.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not over-doing it.  That's what happens when you actually work the muscles.

Actually that's "not stretching after you workout"

You warmup / loosen up BEFORE your workout.

You stretch AFTER your workout.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Take two six-packs and call me in the morning.

Dr. CO
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Also, if you haven't worked out in a while, your tendons in your arms will let you know.

God I love the feeling of being completely dead after a work out.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:God I love the feeling of being completely dead after a work out.  

+1

Arnold was right, the Pump is just as good as an orgasm.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#10]
lot's of water
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1

You're nuts.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Use amount as listed except take it 2 hours before your workout and immediately afterwards with plenty of water. You should stretch liberally before, during and after your workout

It'll keep you from premature muscle fatigue/failure during your workout and replenishes your amino levels in your muscles for a quicker, less painful recovery.

Each serving is 15 grams of protein. Tastes like cooked oranges. That's not a good thing.

HS1
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You're nuts.

Yep
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Keep moveing but pace yourself and have plenty of ben gay around or flexall
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top