Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 7:49:07 AM EDT
Is it easier to do this with stock extended or shortened?  I want to do this from the shoulder, not hip.

I am using a Bushmaster AR15 if that matters.

I know it's a waste of ammo, but it looks sooooo cool!

Thanks everyone,

Travis
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#1]
all u need is about a 1" gap from the butt to your sholder.. runing bursts is easy, droping the hole mag is a bit harder///
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:55:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Invest in a RRA NM triger or Chip McCormick single stage match trigger. You wont be sorry.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the tips guys, I will deffinitely try the next time I go shooting!

Travis
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#5]
you should try "bump firing" a DAEWOO AR100 or DR200

when you adjust the gas regulater to the highest setting it works the best!

I never could bump fire an AR15 very well
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never tried to bump my Daewoo.  The SKS is great for bump-firing.  I can do it prone with my cheapo bipod.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Sevret is in the trigger...Trust me.
I have dumped betas with a RRA trigger.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Put a peice of PVC pipe around your trigger finger and do it.  Tell us if its easier that way.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
all u need is about a 1" gap from the butt to your sholder.. runing bursts is easy, droping the hole mag is a bit harder///

If you are getting bursts, you need to 'relax' more on the trigger and forearm, or watch your clearance and make sure the gun is not walking in to your body and absorbing recoil.

Watch your technique.  Bursts are the first steps.  Whole mags are just a matter of refining your technique.

TRG

TRG and ILL taugh me at the HUN Farm!   I have practiced enough to bump an entire mag from my shoulder.  you'll get it soon!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Ok I just went out and tried that, still can't do it!  I guess I need someone to show me.

Thanks for all the replies, but I don't think I am ever going to this!!!

Travis
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Some good valuable tips right there!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Try a shoesting.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I've done a few bursts with a single stage trigger. Will a 2-stage really help? I'm thinking yes, simply because of a what, 9 to 10Lb trigger pull difference? So that should also make it easier to bump from the shoulder.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Try a shoesting.

Now that's a great idea!!!!

Travis
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok I just went out and tried that, still can't do it!  I guess I need someone to show me.

Thanks for all the replies, but I don't think I am ever going to this!!!

Travis

REMEMBER THIS:  Your left hand holds the weapon and is responsible for maintaining the proper distance from your shoulder/body.  Tighten up your grip, absorb the recoil with the strength of your left arm.  The left hand is the only thing that should touch the weapon, other than your trigger finger.

TRG

And if I understand it right, you pull forward with left hand while trigger finger stays put, right?

I seem to be pulling to hard with left hand.  I'll keep trying, but I hope I can find someone who can show me, I am sure that would help!

Travis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top