Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:37:22 AM EDT
The Federal law about legally  transporting weapons from point A to Point B. I know all the exclusions and debate about what contitutes through travel and all that. I know how NYS has said it wont comply with the law, etc , etc. I've seen all that in previous threads in the topic. I need to have the actual text of the law handy. I've done a search and cant find it, probably because I am forgetting the actual title of the law. We had a discussion at work about it the other day because some guy from TX was tagged at the airport while trying to fly back home with his pistol, and I brought up that law and none of the people around the table had even heard of it.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]
TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 926A

§ 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms

Release date: 2005-08-03

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

Another link of interest regarding FOPA and NY airports:  www.nysrpa.org/FOPA-DOJltrTSA.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top