Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 5:29:56 AM EDT
I don't have any other cold symptoms, but I think my throat it about to catch on fire it hurts so bad.....

What's the best medicine to knock this out?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:32:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Gargle saltwater. However, it it hurts that bad you better go have a culture done to see if it's strep.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Baby Batter!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:34:29 AM EDT
[#3]
you don't want me to tell you what i tell the wife.what the best sore throat medicine is!

it worked once
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:39:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Warm water, lemon, & honey.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:40:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Whiskey
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:42:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:45:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Dr. Junebug's white root  juice!!!! Just kidding.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:48:24 AM EDT
[#8]
6 oz Apple Cider Vinegar + 10 oz of water.  Drink as slow as you can stand to.  It doesn’t taste well but it will take care of your throat.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
you don't want me to tell you what i tell the wife.what the best sore throat medicine is!

it worked once

LOL!!

"hey baby...here's something for your sore throat..."
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Do the salt thing now !!!

about a teaspoon of salt in warm water..  small glass.  stir..

when you gargle.  it important you gargle deep..  let it go real deep.. you have to gag to know it went deep enough..  

Salt makes the bacteria sterile..  they cannot reproduce..  same thing antibiotics does..

do this twice a day..  you will see it's gone in 2 days or less...

this is a topical fix..  if you have let the soar throat fester deep into your tissue.. then you need to get to a doctor and get the antibiotics..  do the salt thing anyway !!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Fisherman's Friend lozenges work great. They are pretty strong and aren't slippery like the other brands so you can place one in your cheek and it will stay there until it's gone.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Whish-key!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Hot water, lemon juice, honey, and a shot of whiskey. My mom used to give this potion to us when we were kids. I use the same recipe today and it works for me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#14]
cough drops. I like ludens, they actually taste good. Everytime one dissolves, put another in your mouth. The trick is to not let it dry out
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Do the salt thing now !!!

about a teaspoon of salt in warm water..  small glass.  stir..

when you gargle.  it important you gargle deep..  let it go real deep.. you have to gag to know it went deep enough..  

Salt makes the bacteria sterile..  they cannot reproduce..  same thing antibiotics does..

do this twice a day..  you will see it's gone in 2 days or less...

this is a topical fix..  if you have let the soar throat fester deep into your tissue.. then you need to get to a doctor and get the antibiotics..  do the salt thing anyway !!

Gargling's no good! You've got to irrigate! Put the salt water in an enema bag and shoot at close range.  I'm not kidding!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#16]
zinc losenges every 4 hours.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I have to agree with the salt water gargle. I used to get tonsilitis 4-5 times a year when I was a kid. The only thing that really worked, short of antibiotics was salt water gargle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top