Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 4:56:56 AM EDT

http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1492&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult

I don't know who posted the silly poll, but the comments are hilarious - bwahahahaa

too funny
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:58:28 AM EDT
[#1]
It's true.

Politically, the United States would fear hurting Canadian feelings should we ever go to war.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#2]
There is that secret Canadian mutant facility at Alkali Lake . . .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Send our Boy Scouts North with BB guns and the whole thing would be over in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:03:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:06:30 AM EDT
[#6]
blame canada! blame canada!

hahahaha

damn, those funny canucks...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats some comedy.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#9]
 I don't think so.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:18:00 AM EDT
[#10]
eh?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:18:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Canuck_105

| Age:20

No rating As overwhelming as the American armed forces may seem I think Canada would come out on top, and without a nuclear holocaust.

First off Canada would have more allies than the US. On our side we would have all the terrorists, the middle-east countries, and the all the countries who fear the US may invade them next. There is also the UN containing Russia and China. One country I don't think would participate would be Britain. They seem to have forgoten how to say no to the US, but I don't think they could bring themselves to attack Canada.

If the US were to invade I can't see any reason other then to gain control over our resources. For that they would need to go all the way into the territories as most resources are not in southern Canada. Canadians could use the same scorched earth policy that worked so well for the Soviets. Without either the middle-east or our resources the American military would eventually snarll to a halt for lack of fuel.

As far as equipment I would give the advantage to Canada. We have equipment proven to be reliable in all weather conditions and tempertatures. Remember when that American scientist in Antarctica needed rescuing? The Americans needed us to fly down there because they couldn't. If you look at any military weapon there are shortcomings. Their UAV's would be useless because we could actually jam the signals. Stealth aircraft have lost much of their sting with new radar developments. OTH radar, as well as cell-phone tower grids and synchronised ordinary radar can detect stealth aircraftquite easilly. We could also buy russian aircraft for much less than American ones so we could get more for less. I read in "Aviation Week and Space Technology" that the Russians were selling fully loaded Mig-29's and Su-27's for $1/$1.5 million respectively. With our 4 subs, they may not be able to go 30 years without refuelling or go quite as fast under water, but they are much quietter and don't have to worry about all the unique problems a nuclear reactor brings.

Finally there's training. As far back as the Boer war Canadian troops have been called to do what the best of other countries could not. It has been said that 1 regular Canadian soldier is worth 3 Rangers. In 1812 our farmers beat their regulars. Our excellent training is why there was the Commonwealth Training Plan in WW2, and why we now train many of the new pilots for the commonwealth and US.

When I look at all this I am convinced that Canada, with a small amount of assistance from others, could win the war; and this time instead of torching every government building in Washington, let's blow up the Whitehouse and torch the others.

PS I think the American nukes would be sabotaged or destroyed before they could be used against us.

OMFG LOLOLOLOLOL
I was in stitches reading this fools post.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:19:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Canuck_105

| Age:20

No rating As overwhelming as the American armed forces may seem I think Canada would come out on top, and without a nuclear holocaust.

First off Canada would have more allies than the US. On our side we would have all the terrorists, the middle-east countries, and the all the countries who fear the US may invade them next. There is also the UN containing Russia and China. One country I don't think would participate would be Britain. They seem to have forgoten how to say no to the US, but I don't think they could bring themselves to attack Canada.

If the US were to invade I can't see any reason other then to gain control over our resources. For that they would need to go all the way into the territories as most resources are not in southern Canada. Canadians could use the same scorched earth policy that worked so well for the Soviets. Without either the middle-east or our resources the American military would eventually snarll to a halt for lack of fuel.

As far as equipment I would give the advantage to Canada. We have equipment proven to be reliable in all weather conditions and tempertatures. Remember when that American scientist in Antarctica needed rescuing? The Americans needed us to fly down there because they couldn't. If you look at any military weapon there are shortcomings. Their UAV's would be useless because we could actually jam the signals. Stealth aircraft have lost much of their sting with new radar developments. OTH radar, as well as cell-phone tower grids and synchronised ordinary radar can detect stealth aircraftquite easilly. We could also buy russian aircraft for much less than American ones so we could get more for less. I read in "Aviation Week and Space Technology" that the Russians were selling fully loaded Mig-29's and Su-27's for $1/$1.5 million respectively. With our 4 subs, they may not be able to go 30 years without refuelling or go quite as fast under water, but they are much quietter and don't have to worry about all the unique problems a nuclear reactor brings.

Finally there's training. As far back as the Boer war Canadian troops have been called to do what the best of other countries could not. It has been said that 1 regular Canadian soldier is worth 3 Rangers. In 1812 our farmers beat their regulars. Our excellent training is why there was the Commonwealth Training Plan in WW2, and why we now train many of the new pilots for the commonwealth and US.

When I look at all this I am convinced that Canada, with a small amount of assistance from others, could win the war; and this time instead of torching every government building in Washington, let's blow up the Whitehouse and torch the others.

PS I think the American nukes would be sabotaged or destroyed before they could be used against us.

OMFG LOLOLOLOLOL
I was in stitches reading this fools post.

Guy sounds like a real rocket scientist, I wouldn't trust him with a sharp hockey stick!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:21:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:24:07 AM EDT
[#14]
And then the other thing is ....why? Why would we? To get more moose?
They don't have anything we want. Now for me personaly,I'll take the vast tracks of land up in the middle of nowhere,build a cabin and become a hermit.
Course I could probably do that somewhere in Wyoming or Montana as well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Me thinks they have been spending time at DU.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:28:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

On the other hand in the more rural areas you would basically have a Red Dawn scenario, the remaining real canadians in the rural areas would be a pretty tough bunch to tangle with on their home soil.

Brign it on

not sure how y'all woudl liek the nice -20 or coldereweather we get up here, an dI sure as hell ain't 75 miles from the border750 maybe

then again, if we became part of the us I coudl own pistols without them being registered.... hmmm, must think on this
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:36:14 AM EDT
[#17]
My wife's Canadian.  Her relatives can't get here fast enough.

Heck, Alberta at least would side with us as long as we repealed the GST, gave them a 2nd Amendment, and took the French off all the milk cartons.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:40:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Me thinks they have been spending time at DU.

Hell, they are the DU. I'm preparing for an onslaught from the north with stabbings by moose antlers and beatings with hockey sticks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Canada is a Thrid World country. I've been there plenty of times. It only looks "modern" because they have clean up crews. But if you look closely, it's full of backwards people. That's why Canadians with work ethic, talent, skills, smarts, and dreams move to the USA. They are just like every other inferior feeder nation, a stopover for those who want to come here.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:03:46 AM EDT
[#20]
"God save us from the fury of the northmen!"

Actually, their greatest concern is that we will IGNORE them.

They are a great source for good old fashioned toilets that get the job done. And since the latest trade agreements, border nannies can go pound sand.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Send our Boy Scouts North with BB guns and the whole thing would be over in a couple of days hours.

Fixed for ya!

Travis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top