[#3]

Quoted:
Trying to figure out where to buy a bunch of sandbags
sort of looking for canvas but plastic would be ok
anyone?

Right down the street from me...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If you really really need sandbags to keep water (water, water - not anything else) out.  If you are protecting a door, you can use plastic bags partially filled with water.  They will mold pretty well to the openings and block water and then they can be backed up with just about anything to hold them in place.

I can't remember where I heard that but it did work many many years ago when Ma Danby worked in the shopping center in San Diego built in the river bed and the SD river flooded up to their back doors.  Her manager didn't hink it would work but it did for the brief time needed.  We used those bags you pull over hanging clothes, just tied knots in both ends with about 2 quarts of water in them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Get some empty bags and fill them up with sand from the playground.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:50:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top