Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:20:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#1]
about $20, more maybe if you have some good/rare games.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I see them at the pawn shop around here for $15
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Check ebay's finished auctions to get an idea. Probably not much.

Either try craigslist and sell it to some hippie, or save it for a garage sale.

IBTPW
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw one at the local thrift store the other day.. about $5.00
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Guess I'll hang on to it, they're bound to go up in value some day.

Maybe but I think its unlikely.

Maybe there are a few hardcore "hardware" collectors who might be willing to pay a little bit more, but I think there is still way too much supply for it to drive prices up.

But people who might want one just to play certain games, well they could just play them on thier computers using an emulator.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I highly doubt it, except maybe in about 100 years or so... Atari 2600s are still only about $10 + $0.50/game, at least when we sold ours a couple months ago.

Systems-on-chips and (admittedly illegal) ROMs easily replace the bulky consoles and still fulfill peoples desires to play old games.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's probably not worth hodling onto it.

Millions were sold, many are still out there. The rarity is not there.

I had some old handheld games from the early 80's that I was going to sell. When I looked online for what they were going for, I just trashed them. Wasn't worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#9]
20-30 bucks at the most, I had one along with a N64, SNES, Sega Genisis and a whole bunch of other old systems, sadl they got rained on when  Katrina rollled through, I doubt they still work.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the very first and last unit of Tengen Tetris ever made.  New in box and the shrink wrap has never been broken.

You can have them both for a grand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top