Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:04:43 PM EDT
Although I have no particular interest in the NFL, and no dog in this fight (I don't care for either team) it was certainly obvious to an outside observer whom the NFL wanted to win the Super Bowl this year...hard to beat the Steelers AND the Officials, too.

Oh well, the media can now justify their Roethlesberger/Bettis week long suck fest.

SG

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#2]
yay
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]
best team won........today
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
best team won........today

Yep..With a lot of help from their friends.

SG
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]
IATPW

Rush should be happy tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
THE worst called game I have ever seen, talk about being robbed!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Not big on the conspiracies... What does the NFL have to gain in fixing a Super Bowl?  It’s not going to change their revenues.  So I don't think it was planned, but the refs are human and having a horrible game. It's sad when that happens and even sadder when the mistakes are as lopsided as it is in this game.

Seattle would have had to play a perfect game to overcome this handicap... and even then it may not have been enough.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not big on the conspiracies... What does the NFL have to gain in fixing a Super Bowl?  It’s not going to change their revenues.  So I don't think it was planned, but the refs are human and having a horrible game. It's sad when that happens and even sadder when the mistakes are as lopsided as it is in this game.

Seattle would have had to play a perfect game to overcome this handicap... and even then it may not have been enough.

Oh, a conspiracy implies that there was an effort to hide it...the Bias was there all week, for anyone to see, and sure as hell there during the game.

SG
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Whiners.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]
And the MVP is .... the referee. Highlights to include yellow flags.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I totally agree!, the Seahawks got there asses robbed of the superbowl by officials.
The Seahawks w/ Hasselbeck were much more effective than the steelers but after really bias and bad official calls they lost a little momentum, what about that bullshit touchdown call for roethlisberger, and the bullshit pushoff at touchdown by Seatle, clearly this was a pure pay out or very Bias game.
very dissapointed and don't know if I'll ever watch NFL again!
maybe I can watch college ball without so much $ influence !
makes me sick!  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
And the MVP is .... the referee. Highlights to include yellow flags.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#14]
There were some bad penalties called.

The OPI was bad.
The holding call on that ORT was bad
The low-hitting penalty was bad.

BUT

Good teams can overcome these things.

The Steelers had to overcome the most awfully officiated
game in the history of the NFL to even get to this point.

Jeremy Stevens should try catching the ball.

Seattle recievers need to realize that you need to drag two feet in order for a
touchdown to be called a touchdown.

Hasselback should consider throwing it to the guys in green, not gold and black
when he's trying to score.

The Seattle defense should consider not giving up 60+ yard TD runs.

The Seattle coaching staff was in complete disarray late in the first half, and,
at the end of the game.

All said in total, Seattle fans have to be the biggest crybabies ever in the history
of the Superbowl.  I may not listen to Sportstalk radio for about a week to escape
the epic ammount of crying that is going to occur.

ETA:  The Rothlesburger TD was a tossup.  Looked like he got in to me.  Either way,
it would've been 4th and a milimeter.  I'm betting they could've gotten it in.  If not, a FG
still gives Pitt the win.  Get the hell over it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Well if the Seahawks had not turned the ball over they would have lead and eventually smacked the Steelers.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#16]
This game was rigged.  Horrible calls.  Although the Steelers did very well, the highlights of the Seahawks were smashed by evil referees who had no eyes or ears.  I am disgusted by their callings that made the game unenjoyable.  yes, I quit watching when the BS Hasselback fumble was called.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Tin foil and pacifiers all around!!!!

Bunch of whiners.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Crying... Someone needs to address the problems of this game.  POS ref's, how can one game be soooo f'ed up? That was one hell of a lopsided game. Anyone who says that the Seahawks didt have that game is smoking somthing. They were the better team by far, no comparison. The Stealers won by the crooked Ref's they dont even deserve the victory!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Tin foil and pacifiers all around!!!!

Bunch of whiners.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This game was rigged.  Horrible calls.  Although the Steelers did very well, the highlights of the Seahawks were smashed by evil referees who had no eyes or ears.  I am disgusted by their callings that made the game unenjoyable.  yes, I quit watching when the BS Hasselback fumble was called.

It was overturned.........
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh s++t. I thought they were gonna stick with the fumble as they have done all along the game.  By that time I was so fed up with the stupid POS referees.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#22]
what inning is it now?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#23]
well you sure could tell who FAT ASS  johm madden was pullin for and it  t"weren't pittsburgh. don't that FAT FUCK  ever shut up ???
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was overturned.........

Shush.  You're ruining the conspiracy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#25]
The Steeler have nothins on Seattle, if you watched the pre=games you can see that is evident!
Seattle got just plain and simply ROBBED!!!!
If the correct calls were made at the begining I would say it would have been a 34-17 Seattle game easy! makes me sick! !

SEATTLE WAS ROBBED!!!                
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#26]
The STEELERS can now claim CHEESE as the TROPHY.
The SEAHAWKS won the game --- except the ZEBRAS called the final score.

You STEELERS fans --- like some WHINE with that CHEESE?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Pittsburgh  21  
Seattle  10           Final  

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought there was some bad calls and Stevens dropped to many damn balls.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#30]
This game will go down the NFL history as the game of infamy
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#31]
yep, the refs were paid off well...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I haven't seen any Steelers fans whineing so far....Just Seattle people.

So far thier whineing that is ligit is really about three penalties, which,
admittedly were bad calls.

I have never in my football watching life heard a bigger friggin hollering
about three dang penalties.  Wow.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Pointing out that the refs made bad calls does not distract from the Steelers' victory. They have no control over what the refs do any more than the Seahawks do.  What are they suppose to do? Give things back?

The refs are human. There is never a "perfectly" called game.  But in this case, the mistakes of the refs were blatant and piled up on one side.

This game was not the only example of bad officiating this post season.  The whole post season was marred by bad calls. Hopefully the NFL gets its act together during the off season.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I hate both teams. I even won twenty bucks on the game.

But I gotta say. Thank god for the refs or I would be paying twenty bucks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
then the QB run where the ball came nowhere close to crossing the line.

Other than the part where the nose clearly crossed the plane before he was pushed back.

If you are going to bitch, at least make sense.

FWIW, I always root for the AFC, but as a Bengals fan, I'd have been happy with a Steelers loss.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#39]
the fake touchdown -7 Steelers
1 yard catch that was called off for holding +7 for Seahawks

plus lots of momentum and steam spent by Seahawks over the horrendous Zebra calls.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
LOL... let's look at two of those calls which you dismiss so quickly.  OPI... take 7 away from Seattle... Missed TD by Steelers that was awarded... score 7 for Steelers.  That's a 14 point swing and those two calls alone could have changed the outcome.

Think PIT would have kicked a FG on 4th down had the call be overturned?

BTW, in the old days that wasn't OPI -- that term really didn't exist.

NOW, that level of contact is certainly verboten -- though inconsistently enforced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As an aside:  How much longer do we get to hear everyone crying over this???

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#42]
They must really like WHINE with their cheese on the Left Coast........
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm sick of the Steelers bandwagon, esp. the media...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
the fake touchdown -7 Steelers
1 yard catch that was called off for holding +7 for Seahawks

plus lots of momentum and steam spent by Seahawks over the horrendous Zebra calls.

Whatever..........your team turned the ball over and mismanaged the last 2 minutes on the clock.

YOUR TEAM LOST.

Bring David Klingler back
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm not a Seahawks fan.  I prefer the Vick's Hawks.

That game sucked, and it could have been much more fun.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't seen any Steelers fans whineing so far....Just Seattle people.

So far thier whineing that is ligit is really about three penalties, which,
admittedly were bad calls.

I have never in my football watching life heard a bigger friggin hollering
about three dang penalties.  Wow.

LOL... let's look at two of those calls which you dismiss so quickly.  OPI... take 7 away from Seattle... Missed TD by Steelers that was awarded... score 7 for Steelers.  That's a 14 point swing and those two calls alone could have changed the outcome.

Yes, the OPI took off 7 that should've been there.  I've not argued that.
What missed TD?  Are you talking about the Rothlesburger TD?  I hope not, becuase
the nose of the ball very clearly passed the goal line, which is all it needs to do.

Lets look at it without your Seahawks glasses on.  Even if the TD wasn't called, it's 4th
and 1 mm for a TD.  I'm betting that would've been a TD, or at least a FG.  At most, it's a
10 point swing.

Nobody seems to see the dropped passes and, badly thrown balls by Hasselback.  Jeremy Stevens dropped at LEAST 6 balls, which could've just as easially turned the score.

Stonehands Stevens is what really lost Seattle the game.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
The point is, there was no TD without the refs fucking the call up.

....life in pro-sports.

Let's see if the actual players handle it better, and with more dignity, than their whiny fans.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#49]
It is "ALWAYS" the refs w/their bad calls people blame for their loss "ALWAYS"!!!
Whine on
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Lets face it.  The referees were as neutral as my cold beer is piss warm after the callings 'cause I couldn't drink no more.  What a bad game.  RANT RANT RANT
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top