Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 5:03:02 PM EDT
At least for a while. Today I signed a purchase agreement for 5.5 acres of land. This is where my home will be when I retire or if a hurricane floods me out first. 245' across the front and back 999' on the sides with the front half clear pasture and the back heavy piney woods. The land behind the property is a deer hunting club. I am told of lots of deer and turkey in the area. The only restrictions is a house of  min. 1400sq ft. No association to deal with and the property taxes are half of what the neighboring parish (county for you noncoonass folks)is. This is true country living. Got to go now. I need to go check the blades on my bush hog.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations! Happy for you and envious just the same.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Good Deal, you can get a few more weapons later, Enjoy
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I was assuming you lost all your guns in the hurricane/flood anyway
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
it's a good investment too.   there's a good chance that it will increase in value depending on where it is, so if you ever decide you don't want it, you could potentially make a nice profit.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
At least for a while. Today I signed a purchase agreement for 5.5 acres of land. This is where my home will be when I retire or if a hurricane floods me out first. 245' across the front and back 999' on the sides with the front half clear pasture and the back heavy piney woods. The land behind the property is a deer hunting club. I am told of lots of deer and turkey in the area. The only restrictions is a house of  min. 1400sq ft. No association to deal with and the property taxes are half of what the neighboring parish (county for you noncoonass folks)is. This is true country living. Got to go now. I need to go check the blades on my bush hog.

Dude that shouldn't be too much trouble, my house is 1409sq ft. and I could stand a about 600 sq ft. more.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I plan on building from 1600 (me) to 1800 (wife). All the houses being built looks to be over 2000 living. I felt like I got a fair deal considering the price gouging going on because of Katrina. Paid about $9100 per acre . Price before the storm was 8K to 10K per acre in this area. They had some panic buying going after the storm 12k to 15k per acre. I got this deal because it was not thru a Realestate co. Property down the same street about 7 lots from me was asking for the 15k per acre. What he ask and what he gets are 2 diffrent things, I hope he gets it now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I would congratulate you, but jealously prohibits me from doing so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top