Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/5/2006 4:32:36 PM EDT
From what I have read on the web, the game is half over, and I couldnt even tell you what teams are playing. Over paid, under brained jerkoffs, they better be glad that that there exists a thing such as football.

------flame suit on.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
could not care less for it..
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]
You care so little about the Super Bowl that you decided to post about it?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
What is this super bowl you speak of?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
From what I have read on the web, the game is half over, and I couldnt even tell you what teams are playing. Over paid, under brained jerkoffs, they better be glad that that there exists a thing such as football.

------flame suit on.

I agree 100%

Used to like the Super Bowl Party, but never did care about the game.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You care so little about the Super Bowl that you decided to post about it?

Oh, the irony.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
HAHAHA...

Bears a repeat:

Feigning disdain for football only serves to showcase what a miserable loser you were in high school.

Get over it, already.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't even really know how the game is played.  I couldn't care less about the superbowl.

I've gone to two football games (here at Miami University).  It was fun, but I don't know much about the game so it was a little hard to follow.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#8]
TRH, how many does this make?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
If it use's a stick or a ball it's not a sport, it's a game.
I don't play games.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't watch football. It's homo-erotic.

Don't believe me? Name something that involves a bunch of sweaty men playing catch, tackling each other, rolling around on the grass, slapping each other on the ass, and then going off to take a group shower that ISN'T gay.

That's what I thought. Describing football is like describing Brokeback Mountain, except one of the balls involved is made of leather and the headgear goes somewhere else.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

------flame suit on.

I agree 100%

Used to like the Super Bowl Party, but never did care about the game.

We always would get together, mostly to watch the commercials, but they have been sucking ass for the last few years. Even so, I had to go in to work today. I ended up watching The Simpsons.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The only thing good about sports is pretty women cheerleaders.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#13]
If you can't catch on fire ..... It's not a sport
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Species, is on SciFi. Beats the hell out of the Superbowl.

When World Cup starts this summer, I'll watch a few matches. Other than that, professional sports is useless.

ETA: Jaws is on A&E, and 'Who wrote the Bible' is on History Channel. All are much better than the Superbowl.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Professional sports are the biggest waste of time and resources modern man  has ever created
over paid thugs playing childrens games
but hey gotta keep the masses busy somehow lest they notice something is up
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
HAHAHA...

Bears a repeat:

Feigning disdain for football only serves to showcase what a miserable loser you were in high school.

Get over it, already.

Heard that before too, holds about as much water as looking at a mans feet to determing his johnson size.
And thats the thing, I played football and Baseball all through middle-highschool. I still play in a company softball league every summer, I just dont care to watch a bunch of people I dont know, and will never know, play a game that I dont care much about. Mostly, I dont see what all the hype is.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
could not care less for it..

+1

As for real sports:

MotoGP ranks close behind shooting (which is #1)
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#18]
if it doesnt involve fishing, hunting, or shooting I am not interested in it.  oh or nekkid womenz
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I love the superbowl.  I went to menards a couple hours ago and had no problem finding a good parking spot and there were no lines at any of the registers.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Nope, don't care. Never did, probably never will. Some people have this wierd idea that watching other people being tough guys somehow makes them tough guys. I'll probably never quite understand it, I believe it's based in their insecurity of masculinity.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#22]
It, like most sports, is incredibly boring, unless viewed in person. And even then, football sucks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Professional sports are the biggest waste of time and resources modern man  has ever created

Big +1

But what is even better is college football. 'Round here, you're either an Alabama fan or an Auburn fan. It doesn't matter that nobody in you entire family has even considered going to college, you'll kill someone for cheering for the other team.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Exactly!!!  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Today is the best shopping day. All the brain dead zombies are sitting like couch potatoes watching the Stupid Bowl. That means no lines at Walmart.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Same here dont really care about it. Never has and probably never will. I was invited to a Super Bowl party and I declined becasue they (friends) all would end up being jackasses. It just doesnt interest me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd probably care more if I liked either team.  regardless, an excuse to drink
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#28]
I could care less. I grew up loving sports. There were actually athletes worth looking up to and admiring. Now they seem to be just a bunch of thugs and dumb assess.

There are other things more important to me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Motor-racing, bullfighting and moutain climbing are sports. The rest are just games.~~Ernest Hemingway.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Same here... couldn't give a rats ass about pro sports.

However, when they finally have a pro Rollerball league, then I might be interested.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Football is blows pretty hard.  And I've become more and more disenchanted with sports over the past few years anyway.  But I've never liked football.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
From what I have read on the web, the game is half over, and I couldnt even tell you what teams are playing.

That's me exactly. I don't understand how people can think you're a "gun nut", but have their favorite team's logo tattooed on their arm, decals on their car, team flag on the front porch, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

I'm not against sports, I'd just rather play them than watch.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big +1

But what is even better is college football. 'Round here, you're either an Alabama fan or an Auburn fan. It doesn't matter that nobody in you entire family has even considered going to college, you'll kill someone for cheering for the other team.

shit dude you don't have to tell me LOL
I was born and  raised in Lincoln Ne for 30 years   GO HUSKERS
might as well shut the town down if it is a game day
if you are not in a bar all bussinesses are empty
and sure don't try to drive anywhere 3 hours before or after the game
Bubba from population 100 town  is now drunk and driving in  downtown the wrong way on a one way street
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#34]
I enjoy football, and, I like the Steelers, so, I mildly care about the Superbowl.

If you are in the Army, you better care, becasue there will be a promotion/SOM
board question about it next time it conviens.

I'm not a huge a fan as I was when I was younger, as, I just have too much going on
now, but, I enjoy watching the games on Sundays.

That said-
NASCAR, MLB, NBA, NHL, or any other pro/am sports I really could care less about.

Frankly, I don't tow the "overpaid thugs" (etc) line, becasue I think that's a child's
arguement, as it's completely unsustainable.  Sample people in any organization
that act a certain way are not necessarially indicitive of that organization, only themselves.

Oh, and, if people continue to go and pay money to watch them do what they do, they
aren't overpaid.  They are simply gaining fair market value for a service provided.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Couldn't give a FF about any "pro" sports.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Today is the best shopping day. All the brain dead zombies are sitting like couch potatoes watching the Stupid Bowl. That means no lines at Walmart.

+1

BTW, I have a bone to pick with Ted Turner.

He USED to play Gone With the Wind during the Stupor bowl. Why did he quit?

I'm stuck with reruns of Little House on the Prairie or some such shit.

ETA: There are 2 sports I care for. Shooting the NM course and a good sailboat race. Both of which I participate in. If you don't PERSONALLY get dirty doing it, than it ain't a sport.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Superbowl means that the first players report to spring training in two weeks!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Thats what I did too, went shopping.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Absolutely zero interest in any mainstream sport.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Frankly, I don't tow the "overpaid thugs" (etc) line, becasue I think that's a child's
that act a certain way are not necessarially indicitive of that organization, only themselves.

Thing is... in just about every occupation, field of endeavor, job position, etc that I can think of, most (if not all), of the "thuggish" behavior would be grounds for immediate termination and the guilty party would have a hard time even finding employment at Burger King.

The pro sports leagues are "indicative of that organization" because they rarely impose any meaningful punishment.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

------flame suit on.

+1

Being a sports spectator is one of the biggest wastes of time on the planet.

If people who are die hard sports fans spent 20% of the time they waste with it on something actually productive, imagine how much they could accomplish for themselves instead of living their dream fantasy world vicariously through the television while downing beer after beer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#42]
I dont give a damn here
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't watch any sports -- this means basketball, football, baseball, hockey, golf, soccer, auto racing, etc.

I watch maybe one hour of TV a day on average -- and then only 5 channels: The Outdoor Channel, The Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, The History Channel, and Court TV.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't care a bit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thing is... in just about every occupation, field of endeavor, job position, etc that I can think of, most (if not all), of the "thuggish" behavior would be grounds for immediate termination and the guilty party would have a hard time even finding employment at Burger King.

The pro sports leagues are "indicative of that organization" because they rarely impose any meaningful punishment.

Maybe "thuggish" would be better if more properly defined.

Usually "thuggish behavior" is code for "black guys playing basketball".

Also, if thier behavior isn't in the workplace, then, it's not really somthing that
a person would get fired for at times, but, then again, somtimes they would.

I really don't see any thuggish behavior that takes place in football, but, maybe
I'm not as sensitive as other people.   It's a game where very big, very strong men
make thier living hitting other very big, very strong men, and, haveing skills
to move the ball.  I suppose a little jaw jacking is in order.

If they have off field problems like DUIs, etc, usually the civil authorities will
prosecute them, and, the team will also discipline them as well.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what I did too, went shopping.

Worked here too
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#47]
The sports I play all require 2 balls
er um I was talkin bout snowmobiling the steep and the deep
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#48]
its here, there's booze and women, i like.......what playin?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I might care if teams I gave a shit about were playing.  I didn't even know who was playing until yesterday.

I have been flipping channels from the game to almost everything else, and personally, this game is the worst football game I have ever watched.  Its boring.  Jr. High games are more interesting.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, I border to Detroit...work in and about it...and other than the fact that the Super Bowl helped get old buildings torn down, and alot of road repairs done.... I could not possibly care less.

I don't look forward to work tonight cause Detroit is in my work area tonight and I just know I'm gonna get called downtown and hafta fight with after game traffic and parties and IDIOTS.

I spent the day with my daughter, doing whatever she wanted, since Friday was her B-Day andtoday was "her" day. We played games, watched movies, and I never so much as saw or heard a bit about the game. I didn't even know what time it started.

No Expert
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top