Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 2:50:21 PM EDT
This was in AZ las week on the way to Los Angeles.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup.  The desert is beautiful at night.  Saw a really nice sunset in Bellingham, WA at the GP warehouse/factory up there.  Their lot is right at the water's edge, its great.

And your sig is spot on.  My Columbia with a 9-speed liked to go straight (needed more gears for heavy loads) fast but it was a bitch on curves.  But I hear Volvo's have an even bigger issue with curves, but they turn on a damned dime in a parking lot.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I took some pictures last night of a S. FL sunset.  It was gorgeous.  It had rained ALL day, but started to clear in the evening.  The sky looked like it was on fire.  

I took several pictures, but can't post any.  Don't know how.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#3]
nice. What camera are you using?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll raise you this:

Arizona Sunset.

Crappy Kodak camera.

-Steve
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Captiva, Florida

Summer sunset. Folks looking for shells and a guy catching bait fish with a castnet.
Took pic with el cheapo Kodak 4310 I bought from WallyWorld for $99 a few years back.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I took some pictures last night of a S. FL sunset.  It was gorgeous.  It had rained ALL day, but started to clear in the evening.  The sky looked like it was on fire.  

I took several pictures, but can't post any.  Don't know how.  

www.tinypic.com host it then past the address into here when you click the picture icon
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#7]
looks nice.  I will have to take some of my locale, perhaps with our school M in the background.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Looking from Maryland toward Virginia over the Potomac
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
The back yard -

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#10]
You know how I know your gay...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The back yard -

img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/20rdmag/129.jpg

That is quite a view.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I wanna play:
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Great...now let's see some boobies.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Yakima early December last year.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool pics!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I give you two different sunsets at Barbados:

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#17]
C'mon guys!!! This is by far the best sunset I've seen.

Assault Weapons Ban Ends

September 18, 2004
Assault Weapons Ban Ends
On Monday, the sunset clause of the federal assault weapons ban ended this misguided legislation. While President Bush claimed he would support a continuation of the ban, we are fortunate that his administration did not push for it, resulting in it's expiration.

Second amendment issues aside, the assault weapons ban just didn't make much sense. It didn't ban weapons based on functionality or power - but on appearance.

Appearance? Yes. The weapons banned were no more powerful nor deadly than many weapons that were not affected by the ban - they just looked deadlier. This is because the banned weapons used black polycarbonite plastic butts, as opposed to a more traditional wood butt, or otherwise has a "futuristic styling", not related to function or power.

Of course, there are some states, such as California, that have even more stringent bans in place. But even California's ban is nearly meaningless - it does nothing to stop crime or deter criminals - indeed, all it does is deprive gun owners of certain guns in a completely capricious manner.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Color of the sky was NOT retouched.

http://www.tinypic.com/view/?pic=nbdets

PS.  Thanks WildBoar!!

Sorry the pic came out so big.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Color of the sky was NOT retouched.

http://www.tinypic.com/view/?pic=nbdets

PS.  Thanks WildBoar!!

Sorry the pic came out so big.

use the last link. The e-mail one and paste it into the box. That way it will show up here.

ETA, wow that sky is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#20]
'
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#22]
http://i1.tinypic.com/nbdhua.jpg

Damnit!!  I'm so picture-posting illiterate.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
C'mon guys!!! This is by far the best sunset I've seen.

Assault Weapons Ban Ends

September 18, 2004
Assault Weapons Ban Ends
On Monday, the sunset clause of the federal assault weapons ban ended this misguided legislation. While President Bush claimed he would support a continuation of the ban, we are fortunate that his administration did not push for it, resulting in it's expiration.

Second amendment issues aside, the assault weapons ban just didn't make much sense. It didn't ban weapons based on functionality or power - but on appearance.

Appearance? Yes. The weapons banned were no more powerful nor deadly than many weapons that were not affected by the ban - they just looked deadlier. This is because the banned weapons used black polycarbonite plastic butts, as opposed to a more traditional wood butt, or otherwise has a "futuristic styling", not related to function or power.

Of course, there are some states, such as California, that have even more stringent bans in place. But even California's ban is nearly meaningless - it does nothing to stop crime or deter criminals - indeed, all it does is deprive gun owners of certain guns in a completely capricious manner.

Its been a year and a half but I still get excited when I think about it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I wanna play:
members.cox.net/blarose1/Sunset%20small.jpg

Where was that shot taken?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top