Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 2:47:53 PM EDT
My parents really old fashioned semi lib democrats.  My mom is a woman that thinks women should have class and not do trashy things like get tattoo's and that they should always be dressed nice and present a nice clean home.  Stepdad is the male version of that.  Last week my mother shocked me by getting a tattoo.  This AM my stepdad and I are out installing an HVAC system.  We're about to buy a decent sized chunk of land and build a house and put a manufactured or mobile home on another part of it.  He's scared of my guns.  Doesn't want me having them in the house.  I don't listen, but he says this morning, "when we get that land, your gonna take me to the gun store and show me 3 or 4 guns to buy and then I want to start competing with you" (uspsa and idpa)   These people are trying to give me a heart attack.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The Aliens HAVE landed, i knew it!  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
No shit, I've got pictures flashing in my head of a brand new Glock 17, a SA 1911, a nice 870 and a tricked out Bushy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah,sorry man but the people your describing have been taken over by alien mind control. I don't wanna talk about which end they start off with though. It isn't the head. Watch out, you may be next!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#4]
wait you still live at home?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
You parents have been replaced by ATF agents.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Dusty you have a GREAT chance to spread BRD.....go for it......take no prisoners!

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

lol yeah, I'm only 25 and have lived on my own since I was 18.  I got divorced a few months ago, and knew that I'd be building a home on this land or putting a trailer on it by mid year, so instead of getting a place for 6 months or a year I just moved back in with them.  No biggie.  It's not like I've been here forever and I'm 34
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol yeah, I'm only 25 and have lived on my own since I was 18.  I got divorced a few months ago, and knew that I'd be building a home on this land or putting a trailer on it by mid year, so instead of getting a place for 6 months or a year I just moved back in with them.  No biggie.  It's not like I've been here forever and I'm 34

You will let us know if he out shoots you?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You will let us know if he out shoots you?

Doubtful.  But ya never know.  Some people have the gift.[
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:07:30 PM EDT
[#11]
You think hell froze over for you?  I had a date with a girl that pursued me, likes guns, history, motorcycles (her dad is a chopper builder), somewhat conservative, likes me for me, and is absolutely intrigued (it drives her nuts) by my not trying to get her in the sack ASAP.  My supposed "playing hard to get" makes her want me all the more...

I think that either I am the butt of a cosmic joke or that now that I have found a great gal, the sun will go nova in a matter of days.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You think hell froze over for you?  I had a date with a girl that pursued me, likes guns, history, motorcycles (her dad is a chopper builder), somewhat conservative, likes me for me, and is absolutely intrigued (it drives her nuts) by my not trying to get her in the sack ASAP.  My supposed "playing hard to get" makes her want me all the more...

I think that either I am the butt of a cosmic joke or that now that I have found a great gal, the sun will go nova in a matter of days.

Just give  her to me man.  I'll trade you one of my stepdad's guns!  Seriously though, she got a sister, or daughter over 18 for that matter?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I gave all my left wing Sisters AR-15's for their wedding presents.

Just yesterday my Brother-in-law told me he wants to buy a few handguns.

Its the addiction, they cant help it. We infected them, now they are hopelessly hooked!

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I gave all my left wing Sisters AR-15's for their wedding presents.

Just yesterday my Brother-in-law told me he wants to buy a few handguns.

Its the addiction, they cant help it. We infected them, now they are hopelessly hooked!

We keep this up, and we may win.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just give  her to me man.  I'll trade you one of my stepdad's guns!  Seriously though, she got a sister, or daughter over 18 for that matter?

No, 'fraid not.  I am only 22 for crying out loud...My only problem with her is her age.  Legal, but borderline too young for me.  Beggars cant be choosers, personally, I think I can live with it; opinions of friends be damned.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, 'fraid not.  I am only 22 for crying out loud...My only problem with her is her age.  Legal, but borderline too young for me.  Beggars cant be choosers, personally, I think I can live with it; opinions of friends be damned.

Fuck that.  My brother is 29 and his gf is 18.  Little Odd? yes but they are the happiest couple I know.  They care for one another that's all that matters.  Make sure you bring her to the next HTF get together
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got a friend who was a liberal Democrat, even worked for the Party, and after 9/11 he became a more conservative Republican than me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Check for pods.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats.....

Probably one of the only times they are gonna see you cry!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She may not be 22 but sounds to me like your one hooked fish flopping in the boat already.  Do you hear those church bells in the distance?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She may not be 22 but sounds to me like your one hooked fish flopping in the boat already.  Do you hear those church bells in the distance?

Whatever do you mean?  Its just a slice of pizza...wait, whats this metal thing...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go have some fun with your folks, while they are still able.  My dad died 5 years ago, and I miss him terribly.  Now that I am a parent myself, I notice how fast time goes by for parents.  It just seems like yesterday that I brought my son & daughter home from the hospital, in March my middle daugher will be turning 18.  Enjoy the time, your folks have left on earth, because they aren't getting any younger.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:31:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go have some fun with your folks, while they are still able.  My dad died 5 years ago, and I miss him terribly.  Now that I am a parent myself, I notice how fast time goes by for parents.  It just seems like yesterday that I brought my son & daughter home from the hospital, in March my middle daugher will be turning 18.  Enjoy the time, your folks have left on earth, because they aren't getting any younger.

+1
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh I know, my mom is 50 and has already survived a brain anuerysm rupture, and a heart attack.  She can barely walk 50 feet.  My stepdad is only 37 though Her medical problems are part of the reason I moved home.  I want to be around her while I can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top