Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 10:02:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Are foreign fighters signing up for the French Foreign Legion to escape problems from their home countries? That's the only reason I can think of for why anyone with fighting capability will take orders from the cheese-eating surrender monkeys.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe that the Legion says that it is only as good as its worst German Legionaire.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are foreign fighters signing up for the French Foreign Legion to escape problems from their home countries? That's the only reason I can think of for why anyone with fighting capability will take orders from the cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#4]
What??? The French fight??? Come on you're bullshitting me right?? I don't believe you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Camerone!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What??? The French fight??? Come on you're bullshitting me right?? I don't believe you.

IIRC the requirement for being in the french FOREIGN legion is that you can't be french.

Which may be the reason people actually respect the FFL.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Havnt watched it,no intrest in watching it but what exercises are done so the frenchie troops can keep there arms up for hours/days at a time?Is it true they can say "I surrender" in over 200 languages?Are the battalion gideons all white flags?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Escape to the Legion is a British reality show. It is NOT a documentary.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC the requirement for being in the french FOREIGN legion is that you can't be french.

Which may be the reason people actually respect the FFL.

That is why they fight good none of them are frogs. when you finish your contract they give you Frog citizenship with a new identity and your criminal records are expunged.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#11]
early in the somalie campaign, the locals didn't like the legion troops because when they'd inspect a car at a checkpoint, they INSPECTED IT without so much as a smile. whereas they said they liked the US marines since they would joke with the locals and give candy to the kids. not making comparisons, just pointing out how business like the legion is. the 2 REP has an awesome battle lineage and is considered among the best in the world!! the unfortunate thing is they have the prefix "FRENCH," which detracts from there skill and history.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Contrary to some beliefs here many legionnaires (if not the majority) are french.
As said hiramranger they are not allowed to enlist under the french nationality but they can with a nationality from a french-speaking country usually belgian or canadian (like any man joining the legion they are receiving a false identity as if they were born again).

There was an american ARcommer who has served in the legion but i havn't seen him anymore since at least 10 month.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Regardless if they are french or not; I wouldnt want to be on their bad side.  I've heard nothign but awesome things about guys in the Legion.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I wasn't trying to shit on your thread. I just meant to point out that the show is a mildly accurate depiction of FFL training. The training depicted on the show is difficult for the contestants, but is not even remotely as difficult as the real thing.

The show seems to be designed in a way which would lead people to believe that it is the real thing. When you watch the entire series, there is very little indication that it is not a real documentary.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top