Posted: 2/5/2006 9:04:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Hand it over.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
the repair was ok, the manicure is going to make you start having urges to buy pink shirts and listen to elton john
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Unless she took you in trhe back for a "finisher" turn it in!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#6]
If you had to ask.......
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
You lost your man card around here long before this!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#8]
So...did it have a "happy ending?"
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#9]
How much was the waxing?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So...did it have a "happy ending?"

Yes he made an appointment for a pedicure.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Getting your nail fixed is fine. The rest of it.....did you watch Oprah during your mancure?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#12]
When are you going back in to get the hair on your back ripped off?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Getting your nail fixed is fine. The rest of it.....did you watch Oprah during your mancure?

Probably Oxygen.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#14]
You can be forgiven for that ONE act of "unmanliness".

On the other hand, for the regulars ... i'm sorry, but i just don't get it when men get manicures.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Have you had any sudden urges to re-decorate someones house?

Have you been checking out other men to make sure their shoes and belts match?

Do you stick you hand out in front of you, palm down to admire your new manicure or do you rotate your wrist with your fingertips in your palm and gaze at your new nails?

Its a slippery slope your on!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a slippery slope your on!

Running the risk of violating the CoC...

Would a well-lubed Vietnamese manicurist count as said "slippery slope"?

CJ

You need to post pics for us to judge.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Just make a quick winkie check before you lube up anything!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You'd need a lawnmower.   Forget about it.

I'm just happy I don't have to worry about my loose nail piece getting caught, ripped off,  and
causing a buttload of pain...

Oh, did I mention I got a phone number for one of the girls there, too?  

Maybe you are getting invited to the next LADIES NIGHT OUT!! I'm glad it feels better
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#21]
From getting this thing done? no.

From posting on ARFCOM to see if you are "normal"? Yes. Yes your man card is revoked. Please tear it up and eat it now.

In the future, if you balls grow back, a new one will be mailed to you.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#22]
If your next trip to the nail shop doens't end with a "Happy Ending" you are hearby required to submit your man-card for destruction.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Hell, junior, how could you have lost your man card?  Seems you don't have one!  For another $25 you could of had the Executive treatment and earned one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Start a Midol drip STAT!
BITCH!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
A few days ago at work I managed to put the end of a nail (sticking out of a piece of wood) right through
the center of my right middle fingernail, and then partially ripped a section of the fingernail loose.

Of course it hurt and it bled a bit, but after a little while it didn't hurt as long as I kept it taped down
under a band-aid.  

A few days passed, and the only pain that ever came from it would be if the loose segment were
to be flipped up too  much, but otherwise, the damage to my nail bed healed already.

I really don't want to spend several weeks or maybe months wearing a band-aid or a piece of tape
to keep my nail segment from getting knocked around,  nor do I want to cut the sucker off.

So what's a guy to do?

How about take a cue from the women?

So I walked into a nail salon and the extremely cute little Vietnamese girl looks at my damaged
nail, says "We fix that."  and  has me take a seat.

She did some magic.   Acrylic nail gel is wild stuff!   Except for the red spot underneath where
one small piece of my nail had totally ripped off,  it looks and feels lik a normal nail again.  A cure!

3 and a half bucks for the repair.    

She talked me into a manicure, too.   Sure, why not?  It's only ten bucks and I get to make time
with two hot Vietnamese chicks at the same time!

And my nails DO look nice now!

I felt like I should surrender my  man card when I walked in,  but another customer (a very
cute brunette) said to me that women like men who are nicely groomed INCLUDING the hands,
in fact,  clean hands and nice nails go a long way toward impressing her.  

Hey, if it helps me to look good to the ladies,  I'm all for it!

CJ

Do you find yourself wanting to brighten up the colors of the house?  
ew found flare for interior decorating?  
Are you baking for your date?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#29]

You're soaking in it!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Lose? Sure you had it?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, fixing the nail was acceptable but the manicure was going too far.

As for the cute chick who said she likes sissified manicured men, she should try hitting on women instead.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#32]
As long as you visited her seeester for a rub & tug immediately following the nail job you are ok.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Hand it over.

+1
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted: I knew I'd have a good time reading your responses. You guys are a bunch of LOONS. No wonder I feel so at home here! CJ
Do you know how I know you're gay? You got talked into a manicure and you liked it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#35]
you won't lose your man card if you at least asked for a happy ending...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
the repair was ok, the manicure is going to make you start having urges to buy pink shirts and listen to elton john

Hey!

Elton John is my favorite homosexual.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

And get things waxed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
What I liked was making time with a cute Vietnamese chick who seems to like me.    

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
You'd need a lawnmower.   Forget about it.

I'm just happy I don't have to worry about my loose nail piece getting caught, ripped off,  and
causing a buttload of pain...

Oh, did I mention I got a phone number for one of the girls there, too?  

You were good with the repair, and even the manicure would have been okay if you did it to plan to get the phone number.

I'm going to have to cut your card in half.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Well...you don't have to give up your man card if you have a sister/girlfriend/wife that can give you your manicure in the privacy of your own home.

Whenever my brother went to a black-tie affair, French restaurant with a hot date, etc. he would ask me to clean up his hands.  As a total gearhead in grease up to his elbows 98% of the time, his hands always look bad.  As a matter of fact, his callouses were so bad around his nails, the dirt was so ground in, I had to take a foot file to his hands to get the grease out of his skin and smooth the callouses out.  AND...he's a nail biter so every edge is jagged most of the time.

Women love men with nice hands.  If a man takes care of his hands, it impresses me.  
#1 -- It shows he has respect for himself.
#2 -- It shows me that he understands the importance of personal hygiene.
#3 -- It assures me that I won't be scarred beyond recognition if he decides to grab me with those grubby paws of his!

YMMV --- I think men with nice hands just rock!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
OK... cute ASIAN chick...better?

REALLY cute.  As in, GORGEOUS.

And yes,  I figured that giving her some business could only help my quest for a phone number and
maybe a lot more....and a manicure semed like the most innocuous of the available menu items.

CJ

Quoted:

Quoted:
What I liked was making time with a cute Vietnamese chick who seems to like me.    

well, there are always exceptions.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top