Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 7:19:10 AM EDT
Anyone file their taxes with the free online return preparers on the IRS website? I meant to ask the ARF hivemind about this, but I'm a terrible procrastinator and did it on the spur of the moment because the mood was upon me and I had to strike while the iron was hot. It went smoothly, but I wonder if there are any drawbacks to using the free automated services. So I know for next year.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Drawbacks? I don't see much of any. Mine was easy (not free since I'm way above the minimum adjusted gross income. If I remember it was somewhere in the $28k range?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I use turbotax for the web myself.  Only took a week to get my money back.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I used it, worked great...federal and state refund was directed deposited in my account in a week.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I used TurboTax.  Since I only have one W2 and no other income, it was quick and easy.  Now I need to mail in the page you have to sign.  I should have my return in a week or two.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]
The free preparers are only for low income.
Turbo Tax is too long a process, I can do my own in far less time.  
Doing your taxes is just not that hard, even if you do long form, itemize, etc.

Besides, going thru it all will make you hate the gov't even more!

I know you already did yours, just info for others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top