Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 11:25:59 PM EDT
Anyone hear about Presidents elected in a year ending with a zero dying before leaving office?

Its not a theory, its history, except for Reagan, and he would have died except for modern medicine

The Zero Factor
From 1840 to 2000, every President of the United States elected in a year ending in zero has died in office [or had an attempt made on his life].
www.santacruzpl.org/readyref/files/t-z/zerofact.shtml

I wonder if bush will be able to beat the odds?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It might be true. But so what? It's just coincidence. There is no such thing as a curse.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Have there been any presidents in recent memory that did not have an "attempt" on their life?  IIRC, Ford had a manson family chick after him and Clinton had people firing at the white house.  Granted, they werent as serious as Reagan actually being shot, but still.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't say(or think)anything about a curse

Here is something from another website

www.trivia-library.com/u.s.-presidents-the-zero-factor/
Only Thomas Jefferson, elected in 1800, and James Monroe, elected in 1820, escaped the zero factor. And Zachary Taylor was the solitary President to die in office without benefit of the zero factor. He was elected in 1848-but note: he died in 1850.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Have there been any presidents in recent memory that did not have an "attempt" on their life?  IIRC, Ford had a manson family chick after him and Clinton had people firing at the white house.  Granted, they werent as serious as Reagan actually being shot, but still.

IIRC there were TWO planes that were flown INTO the White House(at least one)when clinton was pres
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It might be true. But so what? It's just coincidence.

Its a pretty BIG coincidence, thats all, don't change your routine or beliefs or anything, just wondering if you had heard about it, most people have not
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IIRC there were TWO planes that were flown INTO the White House(at least one)when clinton was pres

I remember one plane crashing on the lawn, but I thought that was a legitimate crash, ie, not an attempt on anyone's life.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#7]

The victorious presidential candidate in 1900 was William McKinley. At the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, N.Y., on September 6, 1901, President McKinley was fired upon by an anarchist named Leon Czolgosz. As the President was being taken away in an ambulance, he said weakly, "Let no one hurt him." McKinley died in a hospital in Buffalo on September 14, 1901. Czolgosz was tried, found Guilty, and executed in an Auburn, N.Y., prison on October 29, 1901.

WOW, that's like 7 weeks from crime to dirt nap!  Nowadays it takes about 20 years.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
It would be nice if it were true.  IMHO  

Cant stand that little shit.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember one plane crashing on the lawn, but I thought that was a legitimate crash, ie, not an attempt on anyone's life.

I'm pretty sure one impacted on the side of the building, an assassination attempt
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I think it was the History Channel that had a program on this a bit ago.  Pretty "coincidental" if nothing else.  Interesting..
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:32:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes Virginia, there are assholes from MO.  One is named davidhayter.

Fuck Off dickhead.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:41:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It might be true. But so what? It's just coincidence.

Its a pretty BIG coincidence, thats all, don't change your routine or beliefs or anything, just wondering if you had heard about it, most people have not

It would be of interest only if no other presidents had assasination attempts or were assasinated....so this is nothing special, move along...

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:43:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:05:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:40:51 AM EDT
[#15]
DavidHater=DickEater.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:45:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I remember reading about this in the early 80s.

Reagan broke the chain. lol
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:17:02 AM EDT
[#17]
really old news. They talked about it in the late '70s before Reagen was elected. they tried to get him but he didnt die.....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:19:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes, I heard about this in 1980 or so when Reagan got elected.  According to ancient folklore, he broke the cycle when he survived an attempted assasination in 1981.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top