Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 11:06:29 PM EDT
I was hoping to get some info (range report) from some of you guys who own one of these guns. I looked in the hand gun forum and found none. Does anyone know how much they cost. And from what I hear there is no MIM parts in the gun at all? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]
external extractor
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The 'new' GSR, the 'Revolution' series, is nice improvement over the original. The original GSR had a bunch of problems, due to the outsourcing of the internals. Now they make the stuff themselves, and the reports are good. Per Sigforum, it was picked by the Boston PD SWAT (Or whatever it is they call their ninjas.)

I'm a unabashed SIG-fanboy, but the GSR series seems kinda pricey to me. *shrug*
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:28:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The 'new' GSR, the 'Revolution' series, is nice improvement over the original. The original GSR had a bunch of problems, due to the outsourcing of the internals. Now they make the stuff themselves, and the reports are good. Per Sigforum, it was picked by the Boston PD SWAT (Or whatever it is they call their ninjas.)

I'm a unabashed SIG-fanboy, but the GSR series seems kinda pricey to me. *shrug*

Good. The originals seemed to come with more cast/MIM parts than a Kimber.....

Still, the external extractor.....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I got the wife one for our anniversary.
She LOVES IT
It's got a neat finish, it's pretty, it's got an awesome trigger and it's really accurate.  
She just eats it up.
I think I paid about $1000  (NIB)
It's pretty darn sweet.  Hasn't jammed, feeds ball and hydra-shok with no problem.
I can't pry it out of her hands.

Brian
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was hoping to get some info (range report) from some of you guys who own one of these guns. I looked in the hand gun forum and found none. Does anyone know how much they cost. And from what I hear there is no MIM parts in the gun at all? Thanks.

Two months ago, one of the gun magazines ran a 5,000 round test on it without cleaning. They had zero problems.  I'll look through mu closet and see if I can find it. Final accesment was that its a great pistol.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a new GSR.  I fired 200 rnds, it is very accurate.  I like it, paid $850 for it.  I need to shoot it a bunch more to get a good feel of how it works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top