Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 8:12:05 PM EDT
Or are we already in it?  Just wondering what you guys thought.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude WWIV has already started, where have you been?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
The war on terror is a prelude to WWIII. The situation in the middle east is more volitale than ever (Iranian Nukes, Terrorists in charge of "Palestine", Moooslum uprisings against the west, etc.) and everyone (the west, the Russkies, the Chinese, the Arabs) has a stake in the out come. Things are going to get alot worse in next couple of years.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
If you consider radical Islam to be the enemy, then yes we are.

Oh and IBTL because I have seen this thread like eight times this month.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Brink, no.

It started but hasn't gotten the III IV tacked on it yet.

edited to correct numbering.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on "it already started".
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok people it is simple:

WWI - The Great War

WWII - We all know what that was

WWIII - The Cold War (anyone what to deny that this was not *worldwide and a *war, both requirements for a World War status?)

WWIV - War on Terror/Clash of East and West whatever you call it
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Brink, no.

It started but hasn't gotten the III tacked on it yet.

yup
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#8]
10 years, maybe 20.
Asia is going to be a smoldering waste heap.  I'm not too certain we are going to play much of a part in it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I sure hope it kicks off full scale soon so everyone can experience it first hand.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I sure hope it kicks off full scale soon so everyone can experience it first hand.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
How do you define WW3?

If you are wondering if this conflict will kill you?  - maybe.

Is it a world war? No, my grandfather fought in a world war...  this is not.

Edit: The Germans, the Ostereich, etc... they fought for land and influence. These things, fight - because that is all they know. Animals. You don't call WW3 over two hamsters stealing seeds from each other.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ok people it is simple:

WWI - The Great War

WWIII - The Cold War (anyone what to deny that this was not *worldwide and a *war, both requirements for a World War status?)

+1
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How do you define WW3?

Why not, afrait to dishonor him? it wouldn't be.  What we are doing now is how wars are fought now.  This is WW3.  We are fighting on 2 fronts will literally being invaded through our southern border.  A few allies are also fighting on those fronts with us.  N.Korea and China are stacking arms faster than we ever did in the height of the cold war.  Iran will have nuclear capability within one year if we don't attack them.  What more do you want?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How do you define WW3?

EXACTLY!

The war on terror is nothing more than a small coalition taking on a couple of small Arab nations. It is nothing like the previous world wars which involved all of the world's major powers engaging in intense combat for their survival.

However, the GWOT definately has the potential to escalate into WWIII and I believe that it will.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How do you define WW3?

EXACTLY!

The war on terror is nothing more than a small coalition taking on a couple of small Arab nations. It is nothing like the previous world wars which involved all of the world's major powers engaging in intense combat for their survival.

However, the GWOT definately has the potential to escalate into WWIII and I believe that it will.

I sure hope so, the price of real estate is staggering, I just hope that when we lose a 1/4 of the earths population that the land doesnt come with glowing grass.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ok people it is simple:

WWI - The Great War

+1

Yup
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The sheep have gone back to grazing. They panicked briefly when 9/11 happened, then interest rates went down and they had all this stuff called equity that some smart bankers told them was worth cash if the signed on the dotted line. They took all this "equity cash" and spent it on stuff, cuz that made'm feel better about life and sort of forgot about all that war stuff.....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The sheep have gone back to grazing. They panicked briefly when 9/11 happened, then interest rates went down and they had all this stuff called equity that some smart bankers told them was worth cash if the signed on the dotted line. They took all this "equity cash" and spent it on stuff, cuz that made'm feel better about life and sort of forgot about all that war stuff.....

Yes, it started a while ago and continues on today.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#19]

What if they started a world war and only half the world acknowledged it?

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Well that would mean that one side had been deceived. Oh my!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you think that this is WWIII...or whatever number you're counting...then you're going to shit when ALL of the world's major powers become involved in a conflict to controll the middle east. The GWOT is a squabble compared to WWII, and compared to what we will have when the US, Brittan, Russia, China, Iran, Syria, Isreal and the various terrorist organizations start mixing it up with each other.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How do you define WW3?

Why not, afrait to dishonor him? it wouldn't be.  What we are doing now is how wars are fought now.  This is WW3.  We are fighting on 2 fronts will literally being invaded through our southern border.  A few allies are also fighting on those fronts with us.  N.Korea and China are stacking arms faster than we ever did in the height of the cold war.  Iran will have nuclear capability within one year if we don't attack them.  What more do you want?

There is no fear of dishonour (I can not speak for him) for my grandfather. I simply see gnats swarming (sabre-rattling). nothig more, nothingless. If you fear china and the koreas, I will not fault that. We wage war, or achieve the catalyst mark that leads to war... either way, we are not at war yet. Have you checked the amount of muslims in the world yet?

A rifle behind every blade of grass, kept the war well away from US 50 years ago... now we have been neutered, and the blades of grass have been mowed.

Buck up and wait.

We'll see it. Our children will see it... who fights it? I hope it goes further that my kids.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you think that this is WWIII...or whatever number you're counting...then you're going to shit when ALL of the world's major powers become involved in a conflict to controll the middle east. The GWOT is a squabble compared to WWII, and compared to what we will have when the US, Brittan, Russia, China, Iran, Syria, Isreal and the various terrorist organizations start mixing it up with each other.

You are correct, my point was more directed to the fact that the vast majority of folks don't see the writing on the wall, much less acknowledge the possibility. Additionally, most of our WW's have started as a result of some "small" inconsequential event like an assassination, or a ship sinking, then evolve into a global conflaguration. Looks to me that the grand Mideast conflict is pulling all the players in for the final innings.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct, my point was more directed to the fact that the vast majority of folks don't see the writing on the wall, much less acknowledge the possibility. Additionally, most of our WW's have started as a result of some "small" inconsequential event like an assassination, or a ship sinking, then evolve into a global conflaguration. Looks to me that the grand Mideast conflict is pulling all the players in for the final innings.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How do you define WW3?

Why not, afrait to dishonor him? it wouldn't be.  

When the majority of military adged males are deployed for several years at a time, its WW3.

A small percent of the male population serving 6-18 month deployments is not a world war.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I dont know....but that sure is one SWEET avitar
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Looks to me that the grand Mideast conflict is pulling all the players in for the final innings.

+1
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#28]
From various sources, including the Iranian Press:

"...Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a confirmed believer in the coming apocalypse.  Like Judaism and Christianity, Shiite Islam has its own version of the messianic return -- the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam. The more devout believers in Iran pray at the Jamkaran mosque, which houses a well from which, some believe, he will emerge.

Last month Ahmadinejad said publicly that the main mission of the Islamic Revolution is to pave the way for the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam.

....the second coming will be accompanied by the usual trials and tribulations, death and destruction. Iranian journalist Hossein Bastani reported Ahmadinejad saying in official meetings that the hidden imam will reappear in two years."

Dunno 'bout you guys, but "I sure could use a vacation."
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I agree with the WW VI
the cold was was WWIII fought economically
I feel it is diffrent from the past in that it is entirely within our power to win it swiftly and decsively
there is no doubt to the outcome if we  face it with all resourses avliable to us like WWII
However that will never happen in this country and we will half ass it just like we have been doing for the last almost 40years and quit because it may become a bit difficult or we may offend someone
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I have been saying that this is the beginning of a new World War. Whether you want to
call it WW3 or WW4, it's coming.

I don't ever remember seeing as many countries rattling their sabers as there are
right now during the 70's, 80's, or 90's.  I hope I am wrong but I see some very tough times ahead.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#31]
this is ww4, cold war was ww3
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I know some are not bible believers on here, but some as myself are, and this is not a push of my religious thoughts on to others by no means, but read your bible it tells it all especially the last chapters of revelations all Zechariah 14 and be prepared!
   Jesus died at 33 and he's coming back in 2000 years and we are living in AD years not BC so
Do the math, how much can this world take ? not looking to scare anyone but it makes me think!look back 100 years and then another 100 years ,and then think of how we have evolved and you'll see there has to be a point were technology exceeds us, food and clean water supplys can't feed the overgrowth and will become contaminated ,  religions collide in holy wars to see who will control the earth , wide spread disease (cancer, aids, bird flu,etc) will spread faster than vaccinations can be made and distributed,
fuel shortages for transportation and heat ,  growth,  failed economy(global economy crap), pollution, etc,etc, has to come to a speer head!
the world can't keep going like it has been with out a major crash and burn, we all keep trying to bandage it together but sooner or later there will be a catastrophic outcome and it will all make perfect sense!but anyway how about them steelers! LOL!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I know some are not bible believers on here, but some as myself are, and this is not a push of my religious thoughts on to others by no means, but read your bible it tells it all especially the last chapter of revelations and be prepared!
   Jesus died at 33 and he's coming back in 2000 years and we are living in AD years not BC so
Do the math, how much can this world take ? not looking to scare anyone but it makes me think!look back 100 years and then another 100 years ,and then think of how we have evolved and you'll see there has to be a point were technology exceeds us, food and clean water supplys can't feed the overgrowth and will become contaminated ,  religions collide in holy wars to see who will control the earth , wide spread disease (cancer, aids, bird flu,etc) will spread faster than vaccinations can be made and distributed,
fuel shortages for transportation and heat ,  growth,  failed economy(global economy crap), pollution, etc,etc, has to come to a speer head!
the world can't keep going like it has been with out a major crash and burn, we all keep trying to bandage it together but sooner or later there will be a catastrophic outcome and it will all make perfect sense!but anyway how about them steelers! LOL!

Then the meek die.

Capatalism, may be evil -- but only because you and many others have interpreted it that way.

Chicken little, wants her patent back.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#34]
did you mean capitolism? and are you talking about the whole global trade thing?or do you just not know what your talking about?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#36]
The Cold War wasn't WWIII.
The WOT isn't WWIII.
Economic War isn't WWIII either, just struggling for power.
That is just the kind of between Wars shit that has been going on forever.

Revelations?
When some big ass cosmic shit hits the Earth, raining debris and screwing up the climate, then I will worry about that. I do believe it will happen but it might be tomorrow, might be 1000years from now.  Yeah, things are messed up but they could be way worse.  Does humanity deserve it? Probably. Just don't see it happening yet.

Strangely, I think the major country we should be trying to ally ourselves with right now is Russia. The ME has a long way to go, Europe is pretty much a write off and we will never be able to trust the Chinese.  Africa is little more than a bunch of stone age tribes with better weapons.

When WWIII goes down, our economy will be a shambles, we will lack the will and the fighting men.  We might do well to sit this one out and concentrate on our own hemisphere and the two oceans.  The only way we can take China on is with the Euros and the Russians on our side.  That is assuming 1-2 decades from now.  And do not expect the Chicoms to make the same mistake the Japanese did in WWII, that being attacking us in the Pacific. Major blunder on the part of Japan in WWII, IMO.  The Chicoms will not repeat that and the death toll in Asia may well exceed 1 billion.  I do expect nukes to be used as well as war crimes that will make WWII Germany look like a picnic in the park.

I sure wouldn't want to be a US GI dumped off in Asia in the middle of all of this. Bad juju.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Started 9-11
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Started 9-11

I am utterly amazed that some of you consider what is going on now, or the Cold War for that matter, as being anything even close to World War.  This shit is nothing. NOTHING!

Might be a precursor, but that is about it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#39]
It's already started except we're still trying to figure out what side everybody's on.

Some players are easy to figure but others like Russkies and the French arent so easy and while the Pakis are our allies now, if it gets nasty they could go the other way.

Programs! Programs! Getcher programs! Ya cant tell the players without a program!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
did you mean capitolism?

I'm pretty sure that he meant "capitalism." If you are going to go around correcting people for typos, at least spell the correction correctly.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
It's already started except we're still trying to figure out what side everybody's on.

Some players are easy to figure but others like Russkies and the French arent so easy and while the Pakis are our allies now, if it gets nasty they could go the other way.

Programs! Programs! Getcher programs! Ya cant tell the players without a program!

At the end of the day, the french will be with us whereas the russkies will not.As a matter of fact, I think most---if not all----of central and western europe will be with us when all is said and done.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#42]
WW III started with the first incidences of Islamic terrorists attacking America.  9/11 was just the wake up call that snapped us out of denial.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top