Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 7:17:33 PM EDT
Fresh off the news! They've got patrol boats scanning the bay with sonar, EOD divers dockside, F-16's on combat air patrol, SWAT teams... What else have you guys heard about?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Chuck Norris is there!  Coordinating security!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]
There's more Muslims in Detroit than anywhere else in the US.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they have positive control over all blimps?

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
There is no way a middle eastern Islamic terrorist is going to be diving in the Detroit River.  Heck it's almost impossible to find American willing to get into that nasty water.

BTW did you know that the Detroit police department officers have a felony rate that is 4 times higher than the general public?  Just think of it, you are actually safer walking up to a stranger in Detroit than you are walking up to a police officer!  That should be some comforting thought as you see the "security" patrolling the area.  I'm sure there are plenty of State and Federal guys in the area, so anyone attending should be in good hands.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
you should ask lawdog - he has a source in south florida that knows about the superbowl
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted: Chuck Norris is there!  Coordinating security!
Is he coordinating via threats of roundhouse kicks to the face?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd read where there are over 10K security personnel in Detroit just for the game.

HH
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There is no way a middle eastern Islamic terrorist is going to be diving in the Detroit River.  Heck it's almost impossible to find American willing to get into that nasty water.

BTW did you know that the Detroit police department officers have a felony rate that is 4 times higher than the general public?  Just think of it, you are actually safer walking up to a stranger in Detroit than you are walking up to a police officer!  That should be some comforting thought as you see the "security" patrolling the area.  I'm sure there are plenty of State and Federal guys in the area, so anyone attending should be in good hands.

Obviously you have never seen the Detroit River.  It can be just as blue as the Ocean.  It only dirties when the wind blows hard.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously you have never seen the Detroit River.  It can be just as blue as the Ocean.  It only dirties when the wind blows hard.

I lived in Detroit for 7 years.  Anytime there was a heavy rain there would be reports of multiple suburbs having to open their sewage floodgates and let it flow unprocessed into the Detroit river.  That's just the public utilities and doesn't account for all the direct pollutants flowing in the river from all the industry.  Ever been to the Rouge River area?  It's a major industrial/manufacturing hub of the area.  The Rouge river dumps into the Detroit river.

I have talked to a couple people who have gone diving the river.  Not only is the river dark and cold, even in the summer, you have to watch out for the constant barge traffic.  The stadiums aren't even on the water front so it's not like someone is going to attack them by boat or diver.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Interesting.  Can you provide proof?  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Guys!, Guys! Guys!

Yes The security is "Tight" in Motown this weekend.

Yes  We have a large Arab population, but not directly "In" Detroit. It's near by though.

Yes There are Lots! of 3-letter Guys around.

Yes The Detroit PD has been corrupt through & through for years.

HELL NO! I wouldn't swim in the Detroit river..... It's a fast, strong current & It's cold as hell!!! (It's >Way< cleaner thanks to the zebra muscles).

Don't get me wrong, Detroit has some Way cool stuff & even better history.......It's just a shame about the animals who run it & live in it these days.

I hope everything goes well for the big weekend, but it's not really how it is in "D-Town".

Tall Shadow

^^A Lifelong Detroit Guy^^

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:13:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted: The security is "Tight" in Motown this weekend.
I have no doubt at all now, the whole thing went without any public security hitches.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:19:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Chuck Norris is there!  Coordinating security!

"coordinating"? chuck norris IS security!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top