Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:53:56 PM EDT
Heck, even my wife is glad after watching the "wonderful" peaceful misunderstood persons of the middle east "demonstrate their tolerance and love of others on TV today. I think she finally "got" it. She came into the storage room as I was unpacking my latest 3 cases of SA .308 and looked at  it and told me I done good, and the sight was as good as money in the bank.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#1]
ammo money is NEVER wasted! (unless you overpaid horrendously)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm quite proud of the 10k rds of fn .308 I bought right before sportsmans guide ran out for good.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#3]
"Ammunition, The Currency of The New Millennium"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

Ammo is Security.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The local Walmart is about the only ammo seller in my neck of the woods. After Katrina hit the first thing Walmart does is pull all their ammo and guns off the self. I had my small stash so I was allright. The guy down the street had his cousins rifles but he had no ammo. So I had to lend him some. Now he wants to get an AR15. Do not think that if a crisis happens that you can just go down the street and pick up ammo.(from a store, not me). It is too late then. I can also tell you that no power makes it even a harder and now I do have a proper weapons light and am working towards NV. Food and water will be dropped to you but guns and ammo won't.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Ammo is Security.

And insecurity can be clearly seen from nerds and trolls.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Friend of mine just went into the local gun store for the FIRST time in his life. Called me babbling like a 2 year old. Found 6 guns he wants, already bought 500 rounds of 9mm off me [I bought it for him from my "supplier" 500 per $50] 100 rounds of shottie ammo. Wants one of my SA 1911s, and just bought a Ruger Match Target .22. This is a guy who served 10 years in the service but has not really touched a gun since he got out in 89. He used to do AWACs stuff while in.

I'm taking him to his first gun show on the 18th of Feb. I'm going to take his money away from him before the sucker on his forehead is noticed by someone.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Food and water will be dropped to you .

You did outstanding on all but this part.

You now know what it takes for that food and water, so hook yourself up, and you will not have to hang out with those that will need it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah wife even agrees that I need to keep the stock up.  I keep 5.56, 9, and .45 on hand in significant quantities.  

She just laughs when the UPS guy comes.  God I got a good one!  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm just sorry that I used XM193 for plinking before I knew better. I'm down to a little over 1,100 rounds and I'm having trouble finding more. Needless to say I'm haning on to what I have like it was gold. I need to "waste" more money on defensive ammo.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
"Ammunition, The Currency of The New Millennium"

+1, you can never have enough.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:27:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Instead of new guns I have been focusing on buying ammo, mags and gear.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I will say this, on Sept. 11, 2001 I was thankful for one thing: I had food and water stored for a month, full gas tanks, a working bicycle, gasmasks, filters, and a CBW suit, and enough ammo to execute a division of terrorists.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top