Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 4:26:00 PM EDT
I've done searches here and on multile other boards. To my surprise, I've found nothing.

I may have the opportunity to buy a large amount of it tomorrow at $3 per 20 rnds. for my Springfield M1A. Is the ammo reliable/accurate/etc.? Worth the money?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some belted, good stuff iirc and hot too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Friend of mine has some Israeli .308 ammo a friend of his gave him when he bought his Cetme. Says his friend swears by it and it's the only ammo he buys anymore.

Beyond that, I've never heard anything, good or bad, said about Israeli .308 ammo.

I'd stock up on some just to piss any hajis that might be involved in rioting and looting in my area.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is "TZ 80" marked, it is known to be bad. The brass is no good and fails quite a bit. It has caused guns to kaboom.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have shot 2k of it and have 1600 more rounds and never had any problems but at 150.00 per 1k is a tad high. and yes it is TZ 80 headstamps.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If it is "TZ 80" marked, it is known to be bad. The brass is no good and fails quite a bit. It has caused guns to kaboom.

Should I look for "TZ 80" on the headstamp or on the box?

BTW thanks everyone for the help.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Head stamp and all are packed in little white boxes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look for the headstamp of "TZ 80". And here is a link to some more msgs about this ammo.
link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top