Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 3:17:06 PM EDT
What can you tell me about Chevy Blazers?, what about the millitary version the M110?, How many passengers can they hold?, whats the cargo capacity, whats the milliage?, whats the maximum range on one tank?, whats the maximum speed?, hows the manuvarability, does it have 4 weel drive, how does it do off road?, is it Reliable?, is it easy to fix?, how durabal is it?, what else can you tell me about it?....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I own  four 4X4s and one is a military Blazer. By far it is my favorite. Geared to run 100 MPH or more. But it will oull anything in 4 wheel low. Mileage is probably 19 MPG Diesel. Will not pull anything fast on hilly terrain. I still love it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one: desert tan 1984 M1009 (also an 86 diesel GMC Jimmy).  No rust, 54k on the clock. 6.2 liter diesel,  Turbo 400 transmission, NP 208 transfercase, forget the axles but known "Corperate," 24 volt system, rated at 3/4 ton.  No frills at all --non-tented windows, standard mirrors (no "closer than they appear").  6.2s have a justifable hard-starting (at least the GMC does from time to time) issue, however there are serveral work-arounds.  No specialized parts. I don't plan on selling mine because its such a great (but slow) vehicle.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What can you tell me about Chevy Blazers?

I can tell you they fall apart, they cost too much, and they're ugly.

Anything else I can tell you? Meaning of life, maybe? Colonel's secret recipe? How many licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? (th-three, btw)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#5]
They are a real POS
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
i've never owned one so i'm not qualified to give a personal opinion, but Consumer Reports says they're unreliable and IIHS says they're not very safe in a collision.  food for thought
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i've never owned one so i'm not qualified to give a personal opinion, but Consumer Reports says they're unreliable and IIHS says they're not very safe in a collision.  food for thought

Are you talking about modern Blazers or old ones?  Look how many of them and their boxy brethen (the pick-ups and 'burbs) are still on the street.  Blazers, S-10 and full-sized, starting in the early 90's were POSs.

The better site to do your research is Colorado K-5:

http://coloradok5.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top