Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 12:57:17 PM EDT
This was the reply I got last night at dinner when I told one of the people I was having dinner with that 99% of the time I have a handgun strapped to me.  He said he felt sorry for me that I live such a paranoid life that I feel the need to be armed.  Said I needed professional help to cure my fear of society.  I told him that I am not paranoid because one doesn't need to be paranoid when he is armed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
tell him you won't feel sorry for him next time he's mugged
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
"Paranoid? I have a gun. What is there to be paranoid about?"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
He'll need professional help to sew him up when gutted by a punk.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you draw down?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Ask him if he wears a seatbelt when he drives.  Does he lock the door to his house at night?   If so, that kind of makes him paranoid too, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel sorry for you too, none of us should need to be armed, too bad there are people out there that make it a prudent course of action

What was that one in the "things you have to believe to be a liberal"?

That wanting to have a gun because someone might go crazy and shoot innocent people is paranoid
But, that if you have a gun you might go crazy and shoot innocent people
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#7]
There are some things people will never understand.  He's a sheep and always will be.  You should feel content in knowing that you can protect yourself and your family, whereas he will have to take it up the ass if his moment ever comes.  Let him think in his liberal mind that he is such a good person who trusts his fellow man and you are an evil warmongerer.  Nothing you say will ever change his mind, so why even debate with him?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Only the people closest to me know I carry. I would never bring it up during dinner conversation.

To each his own, I guess.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I carry 2 sometimes 3 guns........so am I insane?

A man who carries 2 guns is not paranoid but prepared.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This was the reply I got last night at dinner when I told one of the people I was having dinner with that 99% of the time I have a handgun strapped to me.  He said he felt sorry for me that I live such a paranoid life that I feel the need to be armed.  Said I needed professional help to cure my fear of society.  I told him that I am not paranoid because one doesn't need to be paranoid when he is armed.

next time you see this person ask him if all cops are paranoid.. since they all are armed.... and go about strapped often even when off duty.....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Only the people closest to me know I carry. I would never bring it up during dinner conversation.

The topic of conversation was the state Delegate who discharged his handgun at the capital I felt it necessary to engage him rather than just nodding.  Plus I don't see why it is such a taboo subject.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#12]
My response to such questions is:  "Do you have a fire extinguisher in your house?  Do you carry collision insurance on your car?  Do you lock your doors at night?  Do you keep a tool kit in your car?"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Tell him HE needs professional help for his fear of inanimate objects.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I feel sorry for you for having to endure such company.
Get some new friends
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The topic of conversation was the state Delegate who discharged his handgun at the capital I felt it necessary to engage him rather than just nodding.  Plus I don't see why it is such a taboo subject.

There is a difference between prepared and paranoid.  There are so many examples (fire extinguisher, insurance, umbrella, innoculations, savings, etc.) but all point to the simplest fact, if you need it ...and you don't have it...tough ...... you suffer.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The dude probably has a condom in his wallet, now I see that as being paranoid.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The dude probably has a condom in his wallet, now I see that as being paranoid.

I see it as wishful thinking...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#18]
...........He's not gonna feel near as sorry for you after he is forced into submission by some 15 year old smack addict with a sharpened screwdriver.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a tatical decision on my part. I never said it was taboo.
Just don't like to show my hand unless called.

Although I will admit. It is hard for me to keep quiet about it when some liberal blowhard is running his mouth.

No offense meant.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#20]
My responses now amount too..............

"I feel sorry that I am talking to a grown man who is so afraid of guns that he whines and cries like a 10 year old girl. Get a life pal.....and check in you man card."

I have used it once so far.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I love being at a Christian university. Just about everyone here is conservative, even our heathen members. In fact, we have exactly ONE liberal professor (and I got her this semester), and even she threatened to fail any of her students who voted for Kerry. Heck, name another campus that lets students bring guns to class if they're relevent to the lesson (Colt navy revolvers for Civil War class, 1911's and Lugers for the World War II class, etc.). The elderly lady who runs my education course has a collection of several hundred knives and brought a bunch to class last week to show them off. I mentioned that I collect knives too and she wants to bring a bunch in for her to see. The only interesting one I've got with me on campus is my bayonet, but hey. It's still cool.

I've discussed guns with a large number of people I know on campus. I was surprised that not a single one (including the ones I assumed were fairly sheeple-like) was opposed to gun ownership and approved of CCW as a practical method of protection. In fact, only one was disinclined to own guns himself, and he still said that anyone who tried to confiscate guns should be shot and buried in the backyard. He said it pretty vehemently too.

The one thing that really got me though was that it was the girls who were generally better armed and informed than the guys. In fact, one has a small collection of Beretta pistols and brass knuckles.

And I guarantee you, over half the student population is taking advantage of the Texas law stating you can store firearms in your vehicle on college campuses, because just about every pickup and half the cars have shotguns and rifles behind the back seat or in the trunk. If it moves and there's a season for shooting it, the area around the college will be depopulated come the weekend.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I got the same reacyion from my dad when I mentioned the whole story about best buy refusing to allow CCW in their syores.  He says "you don't need to carry a gun, it's not the old west."  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#23]
To each his own I suppose. I wont hold it against someone who doesn't like guns. If they don't hold it against me if it's fine. If they do get off my nuts and eat with someone else.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#24]
The cops are paranoid too ha?
There is a huge diffenence between paranoid and prepaired.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#25]
BAAAAA Baaaaaaa BBaaaaa !!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#26]
I have replied to this sort of thing by saying, "It is enough that as an adult male I must be responsible for the safety the women and children around me.  But I sure don't need the additional load of protecting other men who won't arm themselves."
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
BAAAAA Baaaaaaa BBaaaaa !!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top