Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 8:59:06 AM EDT
So I watched this movie last night, and I was thinking about how a bunch of my friends said it glorified neo-nazis.

Yeah. Bullshit.

It is completely anti-nazi, and anti-racial prejudice. At least it sure seemed that way.

It also made me think about this one guy I know who's a neo-nazi. We're acquaintances, we've smoked together once or twice, and he's okay when he's not yelling about black people or jews. But when he goes off on his anti-black bullshit, I get pretty disgusted. I mean, okay, I'm no angel, I've made a lot of insensitive jokes, but calling all black people worthless, dumb, and lazy? Saying jews are money-grubbing and heartless? It just makes me sick.

(p. s. I was about to post this topic when I saw that I had put "do you own any skinheads" in the title... I want a pet skinhead to do my chores for me, don't you?)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTP!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely anti-Nazi.  It had a lot of dialogue that explained why certain people felt the way they did which is perhaps how it could be mistaken for sympathizing with the neo-Nazis.

I didn't feel too sorry for those punks that got curb-checked though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#3]
another arfcom pothead, how cute

edit: maaaaaan
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#4]

I don't know any skin heads but I do know alot of negros.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I know a few and they are all worthless pieces of shit.  American History X was blatantly anti prejudice of any kind.  It highlighted all the problems caused by racism and the hypocricy so often associated with it.  Great movie IMHO, Except for the shower scene, but it was needed I guess.

BTW, all the jews I know are money grubbing assholes, but not NEARLY as much of a money grubbing asshole than I am or anyone else in my buisness is.  Come to think of it, almost everyone I know is a money grubbing asshole.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't know any skin heads but I do know alot of knee grow.

Negro is a translation of Black and "black" is racist.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't know any skin heads but I do know alot of knee grow.

Negro is a translation of Black and "black" is racist.

Well, you are from AR........
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What? You mean because I said I've smoked? Yeah, it's called tobacco. Thanks for your enlightened opinion.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't know. The only part I watched was a few seconds from the end where my daughter was shown.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What? You mean because I said I've smoked? Yeah, it's called tobacco. Thanks for your enlightened opinion. You dumbass.

skillfully executed cover there sir!

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What? You mean because I said I've smoked? Yeah, it's called tobacco. Thanks for your enlightened opinion.

skillfully executed cover there sir!

Hey, thanks for assuming I do illegal activities. I don't, and I'd be willing to take a urinalysis to prove it (out of the accuser's pocket, of course). Now will you please stop shitting on my thread?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't know. The only part I watched was a few seconds from the end where my daughter was shown.

She was HAWT!

Just kiddin.  She was seriously in it?  I have it, describe her so I can look out for her next time I watch it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#13]
The movie was definately Anti and anyone who thinks otherwise isn't seeing the movie or it's message, they are just watching it.

My cousin is a neo-numbskull. He grew up poor and getting his ass whooped by just about everyone so he had to join a "club" to attain friends. No father figure, no self respect, and a shit load of propaganda and look what a fine young man he turned into.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Anit-Nazi...  As it should be.  Neo-Nazi's and Skinheads are fucking idiots.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#15]
anti

i think that it delt w/ more than nazism--it focued on the basic human level of hatred for race and social whitholding
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I've never seen the whole movie, but I have seen the curb stomp scene.

That is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen in my life; not because of the curb stomping, but because you can see Edward Norton's wang flopping around inside his shorts.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#17]
To tell the truth, I don't really see it is anti-anyside....it showed the stupidity of both sides.

Who didn't cheer when he caught the three "urban youths" trying to steal his truck and he capped one and curbed the other. Shit, in my book he should got off of that one. Fuckin thieves don't deserve to live. And my truck is definitely worth two scumbags lives....

There were some valid points brought up during the dinner scene, both the one with his father and the one with the teacher. Thats not to say everything he said was right, but there were SOME valid points brought up...

And the end shows something of why people can become like that. Little urban youth, instead of trying to use his fists to get back at his perceived slight, brings a gun and kills the kid. Little scumbag gang banger urban youths think that is the answer....

The movie left me thinking...something rare for movies today....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#18]
pzjgr, stupidity on both sides? I think you are approaching it as a race issue. There was stupidity from both black and white characters. If you approach it differently, the lesson of the movie is that bigotry and bigots are stupid, regardless of race.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#20]
It's anti. Part of the strategy of the writers was to make Norton as skinhead a sympathetic character--intelligent, an excellent athlete, a leader. If you don't sympathize at least a little with him you don't get the full impact of his switch.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen in my life; not because of the curb stomping, but because you can see Edward Norton's wang flopping around inside his shorts.

I've watched it a couple of times and never noticed. Why were you looking at his wang to notice it flopping? That's like saying, I don't like going to public restrooms because I hate to stare at other guys dicks.

Don't look you homo!

I knew one of you fhags was going to pop-up.

How could ya miss it?? I thought the motherfucker had a back-up gun stuffed in there, and I was wondering what kind of holster he was using when I went...    Ugh...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Methinks you pay too much attention to Edward Norton's crotch.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Apparently something popped up....

I'm just givin ya some shit man

....and I'm just givin' it right back.

Seriously...   I had the heebie-jeebies after that.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#26]
The moral of the story was that, if you are in prision and have a swastika tattooed on your chest, then you will get your ass gang-raped in the shower if you piss-off the Arian Brotherhood.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The moral of the story was that, if you are in prision and have a swastika tattooed on your chest, then you will get your ass gang-raped in the shower if you piss-off the Arian Brotherhood.

Aryan, and he wasn't gang raped.  And it was because he believed in what he claimed to.  Show that you stand up for your beliefs and the posers will fuck you over.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aryan, and he wasn't gang raped.  And it was because he believed in what he claimed to.  Show that you stand up for your beliefs and the posers will fuck you over.

Actually, he got raped when he started playing basketball with black people instead of only hanging with the whities.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top