Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 9:32:25 PM EDT
I now work two desks away from a guy I worked with in 1994, 2,497 miles away. He still works for the company we worked for together but as an on-site representative at a company they supply components to.

Not too exciting, but it is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
So, is the spark still there?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
crazy man
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

what an asshole.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Now that is some funny shit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I don't think anyone is going to top this. Might as well lock the thread now and have it go out on a high note.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess some people can think of nothing other than sparks they've had with men they've worked with.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#7]
You could always ask Pete in CO how he'd deal with it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Whatever happened to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell?"  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I guess some people can think of nothing other than sparks they've had with men they've worked with.

you were expecting more from GD?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you were expecting more from GD?

Not really, but one can always hope.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#11]
here is the short, short version. Moved to Mexico(yes south of Texas) from Michigan. Met another kid from michigan and became friends. He moved back to MI I move to cleveland OH. Make new friend in Oh and he moved to MI ends up sitting at the same lunch table as friend from Mexico. This was all High School age.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#12]
He is obviously stalking you. You need to Draw Down.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what an asshole.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dude, a weak comeback is worse than no comeback at all.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that is some funny shit.

Yes it is.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#16]
It sure is...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I was in an Expo (Home Depot) store in Miami a few years ago. I was looking for some help, when down the corridor comes this employee.

I recognized him instantly, and I couldn't believe it. He and I had been classmates in grade school in upstate NY from 1978 to 1982. He recognized me, too.

"Small world" doesn't begin to describe it....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#18]
"I wish I could quit you..."
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#19]
For mileage, I have you beat.....

Was in 1st grade with this kid in Germany.  Moved to TN in middle of 5th grade (add 1 year to time since I attended German school for 1 year in the interim).  While in 8th grade in TN he is 9th grade helper to my 8th grade English teacher.  So, how many thausand miles from Nashville TN to Darmstadt Germany? 4587.5 per google earth!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I was born here in the states, and left when I was 10. Spent the entire time in SoCal, and in particular, Huntington Beach. I never forgot those kids in my class that final year in the states, but I lost contact with them soon after I left.

10 years later, after growing up in Singapore, I came back to the states for college. Two people in my dorm looked eerily familiar. Turns out they were indeed my friends from third grade.

I also happened to meet my brother's GF's family long before he actually did. Her brother's also in the Taiwanese student association at UCLA, and we all crashed at his place for the weekend. Talked at length with the parents throughout the whole weekend, and seemed to have made a good impression, since they said they wish their daughter would meet a guy like me.

5 months later, my brother tells me about his new GF, and we get invited to dinner with her family Imagine the shock when everyone met .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Heh Small world after all .

I kind of disappeared after school when I got hitched and ended up in Alaska . Truth be told I didn't really tell any one where I was going or anything . One day five years later out of the blue I am walking through the town square and there is one of my old school buddies playing hacky sack .
We laughed we talked , he had come up for a fishing job , but it didn't quite work out . He was leaving to go back home in a few days .

Who would have thunk two guys that grew up together in Florida would walk into each other in Kodiak ,Alaska?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top