Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 4:42:14 PM EDT
what would you do if some scumbag approached your child like that?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link and video
abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=3872706

Man Steals Necklace Off 5-Year-Old

HUNTINGTON PARK - Police asked for the public's help today to find the young man who stole a gold necklace from a 5-year-old girl sitting in front of a market in Huntington Park.

The robbery -- caught by a store surveillance camera -- occurred about 2:10 p.m. last Thursday in front of the Estrella Meat Market, 2668 Zoe Ave., according to Huntington Park police Lt. John Navarrette.
A male got out of a car, walked up to the girl and pulled the necklace from around her neck, Navarrette said.

The suspect ran back into the car, which headed east on Zoe Avenue, then south on Seville Avenue, towards Florence Avenue, Navarrette said.

The girl suffered lacerations to the back of her neck, Navarrette said.

The suspect is described as 17 to 20 years old, with black hair. He was wearing a black T-shirt with the image of an unknown person, black pants and white sneakers, Navarrette said.

The car the suspect was in appears to be a four-door, 1990s Lexus, gold or tan, with a darker shade along the bottom, chrome rims and dark tint on the windows, Navarrette said.

There was no description of the driver.

Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call Detective Neil Castelli at (323) 826-6647 during daytime hours or the department's main number, (323) 584-6254, nights or weekends.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw that video on the news this morning at the gym. I'd give a weeks pay to have been in close proximity to that scumbag when he made his move. If it were my kid and I witnessed it? My attorney would be informing the police that I feared for my child's life and took the only appropriate course of action.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted: The suspect is described as 17 to 20 years old, with black hair. He was wearing a black T-shirt with the image of an unknown person, black pants and white sneakers, Navarrette said.
Is he Mexican?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Like stealing candy from a baby    
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
was she bait for a prostitution ring or something?
lebrew
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
First, who leaves their 5 year old sitting out on the street alone?

Second, why steal from a little girl? Are people stupid enough to let little kids wear expensive jewelry?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Second, why steal from a little girl? Are people stupid enough to let little kids wear expensive jewelry?

Not the point, guy.  Kid should be safe no matter what.  What is being pointed out here is the adult scumbag.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#7]
[edit for definite COC violation]

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
It's nice to see Huntington Park hasn't changed since I moved away from LA 25 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:30:19 AM EDT
[#9]
He would go for a ride in my trunk.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:49:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Who the fuck raises this lowlife SCUM

Father must have been a crackhead....Mother was probably a whore

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:18:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Lucky the asshole didn't snatch the kid. The parent(s) of the 5 year old need their assess kicked.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:08:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#13]
That lowlife needs the mother of all beatdowns.
Fucking scum.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:34:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Wayne, how is it that after seeing something like this, your contempt is directed at anyone other than the person that rips a necklace off a 5 year old girl?

I don't understand that.

And "why steal from a little girl" ? Because it's the easiest target for some chickenshit coward who can only work up the courage to steal from a 5 year old girl.

As to the question of what I would do if someone approached my child like that? I don't have kids, but it's not hard to imagine that if I did, and someone approached her like that, what I would attempt to do would probably land me in jail.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:38:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:53:57 AM EDT
[#16]
While I agree that anyone who leaves a five-year-old girl by herself in Huntington Beach is a complete waste of air, anyone who has kids can tell you how they sometimes "get away".  I am going to operate under this assumption (even though I'm probably wrong) and focus all of my rage on the perpetrator of the crime.  The truth of the matter is that we should be able to leave our children unattended for a couple of minutes without some scumbag robbing, assaulting, raping or even harrassing our kids.  However, since I live in the real world, I keep a close eye and carry a .45.  If I saw someone do this to my little girl, the following events would occur, happening from a deeply rooted sense of uttermost protection of the people I love most.  I would have absolutely no control over my actions, and yet would be happy to accept any punishment meted out by the so-called justice system.

I'd grab the bad guy by the waistband and collar and immediately bring his favorite skull into contact with the nearest immovable object at hand.  This object would preferably be a brick wall, fire hydrant, or something else of a less-than-elastic nature.  The meeting of skull and immovable object would preferably happen at a high rate of speed.  I would then spin the sad sonofabitch around, jam my .45 into his left eye, and blow his degenerate gray matter all over the sidewalk.  Then I would walk over to his "1990's Lexus sedan"-driving partner and settle his hash, too.  Then I'd give my daughter a hug and go have a Coke.

No doubt I would soon be the newest denizen of a state pound-me-in-the-ass facility, but it would still be worth it.  No one screws around with my daughter.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd a thunk more people would be throwing a fit over this.  Maybe I'm sheltered.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Thank you for being the liberal and blaming the victim.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top