you gotta watch them Europeans....

Taffy
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Well put!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking the same thing today...

If 'Lower Bozastain' insults Islam, you can be sure there will be a good supply of their flags to burn...

I guess they have to spend the Western aid on something
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Similar points

Anti-Muslim cartoons ‘will fuel terrorism’ (TERRORISTS fuel terrorism)
Roula Khalaf in London and William Wallis in Cairo
February 2, 2006
news.ft.com/cms/s/52cb6026-9418-11da-82ea-0000779e2340.html
Muslim condemnation of the European media campaign to reprint controversial cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed spread on Thursday, with leaders warning the controversy could play into the hands of extremists.
(Isn't EVERYTHING we do is "playing into the hands of the extremists"? THATS WHAT MAKES THEM EXTREMISTS!)

President Hosni Mubarak said the reprinting of the cartoons – originally published by Danish daily Jyllands-Posten, they were reproduced this week in newspapers across Europe – would lead to serious repercussions, inflaming sentiment in the Muslim world and among European Muslim communities. Insensitive handling of the issue, he said, would give more pretexts to extremists and terrorists to carry out attacks.

In Saudi Arabia, Prince Nayef, the interior minister and staunch conservative, said the cartoons were an insult to all Muslims, and suggested the Vatican should intervene to put an end to the spread of the cartoons.(I wonder if the Pope can intervene to put an end to terrorism?)

Tayyip Erdogan, prime minister of Turkey, a European Union candidate country, deemed the cartoons an “attack on our spiritual values”, and called for a limit on press freedom.(Hmmmm............do I even have to address this one?)

Images of the prophet are considered blasphemous by Muslims so depicting Mohammed as a bomber, as in one of the original cartoons, was certain to spark an uproar.
(Now class, what do we do with blasphemers?) The row has also erupted at a very sensitive time in Muslim relations with the west. Five years after the attacks of September 11 and the launch of the “war against terror”, many Muslim Arabs still feel that their religion, rather the minority terrorists in their midst, is under attack.

Concerns over terrorism have also caused tensions within European society, where Muslims are the fastest growing minority. There were some exceptions on Thursday to the otherwise widespread indignation, however.

Jordanian independent tabloid al-Shihan reprinted three of the cartoons on Thursday, saying people should know what they were protesting about, AFP news agency reported. “Muslims of the world be reasonable,” wrote editor Jihad Momani. “What brings more prejudice against Islam, these caricatures or pictures of a hostage-taker slashing the throat of his victim in front of the cameras or a suicide bomber who blows himself up during a wedding ceremony in Amman?”

On the streets of Cairo, some people acknowledged that the region had far more serious problems to worry about and indeed protest against. But as Abdulfattah, a 23-year-old commerce graduate from Cairo University, said: “Although it’s a tiny issue compared to the other issues we are facing in the region like the US aggression in Iraq, this is something people feel they can do something about and protest about. It’s their way of venting their anger.”

The decision to reprint the Danish cartoons, which were first published in September, appeared to be a deliberate attempt to challenge what several European newspapers see as fundamentalist pressure. Some newspapers also pointed out that there is no outrage when Jews are ridiculed in cartoons.

“Enough lessons from these reactionary bigots! Just because the Koran bans images of Mohammad doesn’t mean non-Muslims have to submit to this,” said Serge Faubert, editor of France Soir, the French newspaper which reprinted the cartoons on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit...I was a little upset when some asshole "artist" put a cross in a jar of urine, and exhibited it as "Piss Christ"...

BUT I DIDN'T GO OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET YELLING MY HEAD OFF, AND WAVING AN AK IN THE AIR...

I feel better now...

I wanna see these cartoons..
Someone gimme a linky...

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Similar points

Anti-Muslim cartoons ‘will fuel terrorism’ (TERRORISTS fuel terrorism)
Roula Khalaf in London and William Wallis in Cairo
February 2, 2006
news.ft.com/cms/s/52cb6026-9418-11da-82ea-0000779e2340.html
Muslim condemnation of the European media campaign to reprint controversial cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed spread on Thursday, with leaders warning the controversy could play into the hands of extremists.
(Isn't EVERYTHING we do is "playing into the hands of the extremists"? THATS WHAT MAKES THEM EXTREMISTS!)

President Hosni Mubarak said the reprinting of the cartoons – originally published by Danish daily Jyllands-Posten, they were reproduced this week in newspapers across Europe – would lead to serious repercussions, inflaming sentiment in the Muslim world and among European Muslim communities. Insensitive handling of the issue, he said, would give more pretexts to extremists and terrorists to carry out attacks.

In Saudi Arabia, Prince Nayef, the interior minister and staunch conservative, said the cartoons were an insult to all Muslims, and suggested the Vatican should intervene to put an end to the spread of the cartoons.(I wonder if the Pope can intervene to put an end to terrorism?)

Tayyip Erdogan, prime minister of Turkey, a European Union candidate country, deemed the cartoons an “attack on our spiritual values”, and called for a limit on press freedom.(Hmmmm............do I even have to address this one?)

Images of the prophet are considered blasphemous by Muslims so depicting Mohammed as a bomber, as in one of the original cartoons, was certain to spark an uproar.
(Now class, what do we do with blasphemers?) The row has also erupted at a very sensitive time in Muslim relations with the west. Five years after the attacks of September 11 and the launch of the “war against terror”, many Muslim Arabs still feel that their religion, rather the minority terrorists in their midst, is under attack.

Concerns over terrorism have also caused tensions within European society, where Muslims are the fastest growing minority. There were some exceptions on Thursday to the otherwise widespread indignation, however.

Jordanian independent tabloid al-Shihan reprinted three of the cartoons on Thursday, saying people should know what they were protesting about, AFP news agency reported. “Muslims of the world be reasonable,” wrote editor Jihad Momani. “What brings more prejudice against Islam, these caricatures or pictures of a hostage-taker slashing the throat of his victim in front of the cameras or a suicide bomber who blows himself up during a wedding ceremony in Amman?”

On the streets of Cairo, some people acknowledged that the region had far more serious problems to worry about and indeed protest against. But as Abdulfattah, a 23-year-old commerce graduate from Cairo University, said: “Although it’s a tiny issue compared to the other issues we are facing in the region like the US aggression in Iraq, this is something people feel they can do something about and protest about. It’s their way of venting their anger.”

The decision to reprint the Danish cartoons, which were first published in September, appeared to be a deliberate attempt to challenge what several European newspapers see as fundamentalist pressure. Some newspapers also pointed out that there is no outrage when Jews are ridiculed in cartoons.

“Enough lessons from these reactionary bigots! Just because the Koran bans images of Mohammad doesn’t mean non-Muslims have to submit to this,” said Serge Faubert, editor of France Soir, the French newspaper which reprinted the cartoons on Wednesday.

Biggest problem with Islam, IMHO, is there is no 'Pope' of the religion...

Any semi-retard calling himself a mula (sp?) can issue fatahs...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Shit...I was a little upset when some asshole "artist" put a cross in a jar of urine, and exhibited it as "Piss Christ"...

BUT I DIDN'T GO OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET YELLING MY HEAD OFF, AND WAVING AN AK IN THE AIR...

I feel better now...

Someone gimme a linky...

causes:

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Its starting.
People are actually beginning to not care about being PC.
This is good.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel better now...

Someone gimme a linky...

www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/worldviews/2006/02/01/Cartoon%201.jpg

causes:

www1.stratfor.com/images/managed/3/4974.jpg

Real men don't hide their faces...

Do you think any of these 'men' could hold their own in a bar room brawl?

The weapons make them feel 'manly'...

Can we just end this Islam problem here and now?

Put 10 good old USA boys born and raised on the farm against the 10 best Islam fighters (no weapons) and see who wins (and the real man is)?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel better now...

Someone gimme a linky...

causes:

Real men don't hide their faces...

Do you think any of these 'men' could hold their own in a bar room brawl?

The weapons make them feel 'manly'...

Probably would get their ass kicked...

These retards bring this shit on themselves...

I dont give give a shit what these people claim to worship... (I think it's the devil)

But when they act like a bunch of crazy idiots from the stoneage, blowing shit up and cutting people's heads off in the name of their "god" while acting like cowards (hiding thier faces), I have NO SYPMATHY...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Makes interesting reading....

If you get rid of the Danes, you'll have to keep paying the Danegeld

By Charles Moore
(Filed: 04/02/2006)

It's some time since I visited Palestine, so I may be out of date, but I don't remember seeing many Danish flags on sale there. Not much demand, I suppose. I raise the question because, as soon as the row about the cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in Jyllands-Posten broke, angry Muslims popped up in Gaza City, and many other places, well supplied with Danish flags ready to burn. (In doing so, by the way, they offered a mortal insult to the most sacred symbol of my own religion, Christianity, since the Danish flag has a cross on it, but let that pass.)

Why were those Danish flags to hand? Who built up the stockpile so that they could be quickly dragged out right across the Muslim world and burnt where television cameras would come and look? The more you study this story of "spontaneous" Muslim rage, the odder it seems.

The complained-of cartoons first appeared in October; they have provoked such fury only now. As reported in this newspaper yesterday, it turns out that a group of Danish imams circulated the images to brethren in Muslim countries. When they did so, they included in their package three other, much more offensive cartoons which had not appeared in Jyllands-Posten but were lumped together so that many thought they had.

This is well-known in Denmark, and people are FURIOUS.  

Denmark, probably more than any other country, has BENT OVER BACKWARDS to accomodate their muslim immigrants, helped them integrate, give them access to the phenomenal welfare state - and THIS is the repayment we get???

...they go out of their way to attack and undermine the country, fanning flames and CREATING a problem overseas that encourages other people to attack the country and kill Danes.

Ungrateful bastards.  They should be forced to work on a pig farm for 20 years.  Not because of the pork thing, but the awful smell
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I feel better now...

Someone gimme a linky...

check out the pics here
www.michellemalkin.com/
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By Charles Moore

It's some time since I visited Palestine, so I may be out of date, but I don't remember seeing many Danish flags on sale there. Not much demand, I suppose. I raise the question because, as soon as the row about the cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in Jyllands-Posten broke, angry Muslims popped up in Gaza City, and many other places, well supplied with Danish flags ready to burn. (In doing so, by the way, they offered a mortal insult to the most sacred symbol of my own religion, Christianity, since the Danish flag has a cross on it, but let that pass.)

Why were those Danish flags to hand? Who built up the stockpile so that they could be quickly dragged out right across the Muslim world and burnt where television cameras would come and look? The more you study this story of "spontaneous" Muslim rage, the odder it seems.

The complained-of cartoons first appeared in October; they have provoked such fury only now. As reported in this newspaper yesterday, it turns out that a group of Danish imams circulated the images to brethren in Muslim countries. When they did so, they included in their package three other, much more offensive cartoons which had not appeared in Jyllands-Posten but were lumped together so that many thought they had.

Denmark, probably more than any other country, has BENT OVER BACKWARDS to accomodate their muslim immigrants, helped them integrate, give them access to the phenomenal welfare state - and THIS is the repayment we get???

...they go out of their way to attack and undermine the country, fanning flames and CREATING a problem overseas that encourages other people to attack the country and kill Danes.

Ungrateful bastards.  They should be forced to work on a pig farm for 20 years.  Not because of the pork thing, but the awful smell

I think they have overplayed their cards, and will get put back in the first century where they belong.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#16]
We need a caricature of this Peter guy in his kaffiyah chowing down on a nice pork leg.  He's become a useful tool of the imans and needs to be exposed for his duplicity.

"It rather looks as if the anger with which all Muslims are said to be burning needed some pretty determined stoking. Peter Mandelson, who seems to think that his job as European Trade Commissioner entitles him to pronounce on matters of faith and morals, accuses the papers that republished the cartoons of "adding fuel to the flames"; but those flames were lit (literally, as well as figuratively) by well-organised, radical Muslims who wanted other Muslims to get furious. How this network has operated would make a cracking piece of investigative journalism.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't think I will go around worrying whether some action I take, something I say, write, or do, will anger Muslims.  They are already angry.  Nothing I can do will make them any worse than they already are.

I will not change my lifestyle to suit them, which is what they want.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I don't think I will go around worrying whether some action I take, something I say, write, or do, will anger Muslims.  They are already angry.  Nothing I can do will make them any worse than they already are.

+1
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That's one way to say how I feel.  A better way would be to simply utter "they can go fuck themselves".
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By Charles Moore

You're right about that, DK.  Which country was it that BANNED displaying THEIR OWN FLAG in schools because it 'offended muslims'?   Those countries have been bending over and tolerating muslim immigrants, giving them concessions and putting up with their BS.  

It's time the people of these countries, the NATIVE people tell these immigrants ENOUGH!  

Don't like it here?  GET THE FUCK OUT.   AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR ASS ON THE WAY OUT.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Biggest problem with Islam, IMHO, is there is no 'Pope' of the religion...

Any semi-retard calling himself a mula (sp?) can issue fatahs...

Yep. And any Muslim can simply point to any other Muslim and say "He's not practicing true Islam" - which pretty much means that there IS no "true" Islam.

There is NO ONE in the entire Islamic religion who has ANY authority to say that blowing up children, cutting off heads and flying planes into buildings is not "true" Islam.

And so suicide-bombing and mass-murder of infidels continues on - theologically unopposable by anyone in the Islamic religion.

A major strength of the petrine ministry in Catholicism is that there IS a single leader who can, with prime religious authority, say "No!" when priests or bishops go astray.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel better now...

Someone gimme a linky...

check out the pics here
www.michellemalkin.com/

This is what they are all upset about:

www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3561502a12,00.html

What the cartoons were about
04 February 2006  
By HANK SCHOUTEN

The cartoon series appearing on this page that sparked a global controversy was commissioned and published by a Danish newspaper as a deliberate challenge to Muslim insistence that their religious feelings must be given special consideration.

The drawings were commissioned by the Jyllands-Posten (Jutland's Post) to accompany an article on self-censorship and freedom of speech after Danish writer Kare Bluitgen was unable failed to find artists willing to illustrate his children's book about Mohammed for fear of violent attacks by extremist Muslims.

Islamic teachings forbid pictorial depictions of Mohammed.

The cartoons were published on September 30 with an explanatory article by the newspaper's culture editor, Flemming Rose.

The following is a translated summary of the article and explanation of the cartoons published in the Internet encyclopedia Wikipedia.

"The modern, secular society is rejected by some Muslims. They demand a special position, insisting on special consideration of their own religious feelings.

"It is incompatible with contemporary democracy and freedom of speech, where you must be ready to put up with insults, mockery and ridicule.

"It is certainly not always equally attractive and nice to look at, and it does not mean that religious feelings should be made fun of at any price, but that is less important in this context. [...] we are on our way to a slippery slope where no one can tell how the self-censorship will end.

"That is why the Jyllands-Posten has invited members of the Danish editorial cartoonists union to draw Mohammed as they see him."

Forty artists were invited to give their interpretation on of how Mohammed may have looked. Twelve responded.

Clockwise from top, here is A brief explanation of each cartoon, as pictured at right, left, is given clockwise from the top.

The face of Mohammed as a part of the Islamic star and crescent symbol, his right eye the star.

AdvertisementAdvertisement
The most controversial drawing shows Mohammed with a bomb in his turban, with a lit fuse and the Islamic creed written on the bomb.

Mohammed standing with a halo in the shape of a crescent moon.

An abstract drawing of crescent moons and Stars of David, and a poem on oppression of women. In English the poem could be read as: "Prophet! daft and dumb, keeping woman under thumb".

Mohammed as a wanderer, with a donkey.

A nervous caricaturist, shakingly drawing Mohammed while looking over his shoulder.

Two angry Muslims charge forward with sabres and bombs, while Mohammed addresses them with: "Relax guys, it's just a drawing made by some infidel South Jutlander". This is a reference is to a common Danish expression for a person from the middle of nowhere, which is how many Danes regard South Jutland.

An Oriental-looking boy pointing to words on the blackboard reading in Danish "the editorial team of JyllandsPosten is a bunch of reactionary provocateurs."

The boy is labelled "Mohammed, Valby school, 7.A", implying that this Mohammed is a Danish second-generation immigrant rather than the man Muslims believe was a prophet. On his shirt is written "Fremtiden" (the future).

A drawing showing Mohammed with a knife and a black bar over his eyes and flanked by two women in burqas.

Mohammed standing on a cloud, greeting dead suicide bombers with "Stop, stop, we ran out of virgins!" an allusion to the promised reward to martyrs.

Danish writer Kare Bluitgen with a stick drawing of Mohammed and an orange on his turban over the caption "Publicity stunt". An orange in the turban is a Danish proverb meaning a stroke of luck.

The centre cartoon is of a police lineup of seven people, with the witness saying: "Hmm ... I can't really recognise him." Not all people in the lineup are immediately identifiable. They are: 1, a generic hippie; 2, politician Pia Kjrsgaard; 3, possible Jesus; 4, possible Buddha; 5, possible Mohammed; 6, a generic Indian guru; and 7, journalist Kare Bluitgen, carrying a sign saying: "Kare's public relations, call and get an offer."

Some of these cartoons had previously been published in the newspaper without drawing major significant criticism.

In the wake of strong protests throughout the Muslim world, the paper's editor-in-chief, Carsten Juste, apologised for causing offence.

The paper's website carried the apology and explanation for its actions in an item headed Honourable Fellow Citizens of the Muslim World.

Mr Juste said the Jutland's Post was a strong proponent of democracy and freedom of religion.

It also respected the right of any human being to practise his or her religion.

The cartoons were published as part of a public debate on freedom of expressions.

"In our opinion, the 12 drawings were sober. They were not intended to be offensive, nor were they at variance with Danish law, but they have indisputably offended many Muslims for which we apologise."

He dismissed suggestions that the drawings were part of a campaign against Muslims, "adding that offending anybody on the grounds of their religious beliefs is unthinkable to us."

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I wondered how Europe would start to wake up.

I didn't figure on cartoons though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I think the editor should make a public apology in the largest Christian church in Saudi Arabia.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Let me get this straight, cartoons about their prophet were "insulting" so now they are rioting

Salmon Rushdie wrote a book about their prophet that was "insulting" so they tried to kill him

I think they are trying to communicate with us, they are saying "you WILL be assimilated"
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel better now...

Someone gimme a linky...

causes:

That poor man was a peaceful muslim until that aweful cartoon, the the RPG and mask appeared suddenly!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Blog from Neals's Nuze

Muslim outrage huh.  OK ... let's do a little historical review.  Just some lowlights:

Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia.  A Christian school.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt.  No Muslim outrage.

A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India.  Kills six.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia.  Muslims shoot children in the back.  No Muslim outrage.

Let's go way back.  Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses.  Over 700 are injured.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims massacre dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder innocent vacationers in Bali.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons.  No Muslim outrage

Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge.  No Muslim outrage.

Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed.  Muslims are outraged.

Dead children.  Dead tourists.  Dead teachers.  Dead doctors and nurses.  Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hands of Muslims .. no Muslim outrage ... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.

Come on, is this really about cartoons?  They're rampaging and burning flags.  They're looking for Europeans to kidnap.  They're  threatening innkeepers and generally raising holy Muslim hell not because of any outrage over a cartoon.  They're outraged because it is part of the Islamic jihadist culture to be outraged.  You don't really need a reason.  You just need an excuse.  Wandering around, destroying property, murdering children, firing guns into the air and feigning outrage over the slightest perceived insult is to a jihadist what tailgating is to a Steeler's fan.

I know and understand that these bloodthirsty murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims.  When, though, do they become outraged?  When do they take to the streets to express their outrage at the radicals who are making their religion the object of worldwide hatred and ridicule?  Islamic writer Salman Rushdie wrote of these silent Muslims  in a New York Times article three years ago.  "As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming?"  

Indeed.  Why not?

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#30]
My feeling is that the ROPers can take this BS and cram it up their @$$.  F'em!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I want that on a Tee Shirt!

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#32]
My favorite one is this:
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#33]

To his credit, there is a Danish member of parliament who is muslim (I think he is a second-generation immigrant).

He has publicaly said that the Danish government and people have nothing to apologized for, even if perhaps the newspaper showed some poor judgment in publishing them originally - but the nobody should bow under to extremist islam when freedom of expression is at stake.

Of course he regularly receives death threats for muslims in Denmark because of his moderate stance - but you have to assume he is speaking for some constituency in Denmark.  

Interestingly enough, despite almost 200,000 muslims living in Denmark, there have been NO large demonstration in Denmark, despite some scuffles todays between muslim youths and Copenhagen police (over the false rumor that some angry danes were going to burn Korans in the town hall square).  But no real violence - a rock or two were thrown, and a few people arrested, and then everyone left peacefully.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#34]
If you look at those cartoons you will see that one is mocking the paper that commissioned and published them as being right wing reactionaries and several others are in no way mocking islam and in fact do not depict mohammed, unless he's one of those goofy guys in the lineup.  The cartoonists were asked to depict mohammed and some did so reluctantly because they thought if they didn't they'd be cast as cowards.  They were offered about $100 and now some are hiding in fear of their lives.  Crazy world.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I think the editor should make a public apology in the largest Christian church in Saudi Arabia.

There are no churches in Saudi-Arabia, the Saudis won't give up their holy land to some place where the infidels can pray.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:37:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Blog from Neals's Nuze

Muslim outrage huh.  OK ... let's do a little historical review.  Just some lowlights:

Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia.  A Christian school.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt.  No Muslim outrage.

A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India.  Kills six.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia.  Muslims shoot children in the back.  No Muslim outrage.

Let's go way back.  Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses.  Over 700 are injured.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world.  No Muslim outrage.

Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge.  No Muslim outrage.

Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed.  Muslims are outraged.

Dead children.  Dead tourists.  Dead teachers.  Dead doctors and nurses.  Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hands of Muslims .. no Muslim outrage ... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.

Come on, is this really about cartoons?  They're rampaging and burning flags.  They're looking for Europeans to kidnap.  They're  threatening innkeepers and generally raising holy Muslim hell not because of any outrage over a cartoon.  They're outraged because it is part of the Islamic jihadist culture to be outraged.  You don't really need a reason.  You just need an excuse.  Wandering around, destroying property, murdering children, firing guns into the air and feigning outrage over the slightest perceived insult is to a jihadist what tailgating is to a Steeler's fan.

I know and understand that these bloodthirsty murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims.  When, though, do they become outraged?  When do they take to the streets to express their outrage at the radicals who are making their religion the object of worldwide hatred and ridicule?  Islamic writer Salman Rushdie wrote of these silent Muslims  in a New York Times article three years ago.  "As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming?"  

Indeed.  Why not?

boortz.com/images/muhammed_cartoon.jpg

I worked for YEARS for a company where I was the only NON-muslim there were about 15 of them
My take is a little different, They are rioting  because their "inferiors" have dared make fun of them

For a muslim man, he is the top dog, women are beneath him, infidels are beneath him, if you are not a muslim, you are "less"

The "silent muslims" dare not take the side of a non-muslim, they know how they will be treated
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Blog from Neals's Nuze

Indeed.  Why not?

boortz.com/images/muhammed_cartoon.jpg

But that's ok!  Because the Koran says they can kill up to 20 women and children per infidel killed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#39]
   And the Bush Admin cratered to the Muslim's calling the cartoons Offensive. Give me a break, get over it. Oh they can lop off heads,kidnap women,blow up kids but a cartoon offends them. I say fuck you Haji and your mohammad. The Bush Admin let me down on this one, Just keep your mouth shut, we had nothing to do with it. They probally ran out of American flags to burn!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

By Charles Moore

I wish someone would mention the word that dominates Western culture in the face of militant Islam - fear. And then I wish someone would face it down.

http://www.opinion.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2006/02/04/do0402.xml&sSheet=/opinion/2006/02/04/ixopinion.html

i cant say how much i find this statement appropriate and about time. while i think sometimes people get carried away with the 'lets turn various middle eastern countries into parking lots' (but i feel that way myself somtimes..) i think the muslims have the west dead on with our fear.. after all.. didna bush label the whole thing the 'war on terror'.

we.. the west , europe and other countries need to at the minimum not appologize for the freedoms that we have struggled for here and there (and died for) for the last several hundreds years at least. at a mimimum we should not appologize and indeed we should stand up for these freedoms. sheees... i get so tired of the apologist.. even bush.. and our government.. if the danes publish stuff in their papers in their country what the FUCK business is of a bunch of middle easterners to burn and riot and threaten...

winter is coming.....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I'm changing mine. Tomorrow's Super Bowl gathering will feature a load of Havarti (genuine "Prod of Denmark") cheese. I had hoped to locate some Tuborg and some Danish ham but failed. Unfortunately, where I live Michelobe is an exotic brand.

ETA

Quoted:

........................... I wish someone would mention the word that dominates Western culture in the face of militant Islam - fear. And then I wish someone would face it down..................

It's the weak, soft marshmallow center of our culture that will do us in. Those that, in order not to offend, would say nothing in the face of an outrage or even excuse it. I would be more likely to respect the muzzies and their barbaric behavior than the whining apologists among us. At least the ROPers are willing to die for what they believe in, as warped as it is.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#44]
It's kinda like the rocks the Palis throw. They gather them up and place them well before the riot.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

You bet. And why are you surprised?
In a way you have gotten exactly what you deserve.
No offense personally, of course, but when you sleep with snakes....

Think Danes have learned anything from it?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

And that is why Denmark completely re-wrote their immigration laws several years ago to make them incredibly tough and restrictive, realizing that the integration hopes of the 70s and 80s had essentially failed completely.

So the lesson has already been learned, but unfortunately, the worm is already in the apple, even if pesticide has been applied to the outside.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
And that is why Denmark completely re-wrote their immigration laws several years ago to make them incredibly tough and restrictive, realizing that the integration hopes of the 70s and 80s had essentially failed completely.

Hehe, the same people who claimed that your immigration policy was racistic/facistic looks to Denmark now for impulses on this issue. Our immigration policy is having a rewrite now and most of the ideas is a copy of yours and what the "rasicsts" have been saying for 20 years.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hehe, the same people who claimed that your immigration policy was racistic/facistic looks to Denmark now for impulses on this issue. Our immigration policy is having a rewrite now and most of the ideas is a copy of yours and what the "rasicsts" have been saying for 20 years.

If I recall, the Swedes were the ones who were most critical of our new immigration laws, and they are now seeing much bigger problems with immigrants, and have compeltely lost control of parts of cities like Goteborg.

The Swedes are going to have huge problems if they don't change their own laws soon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

So the lesson has already been learned, but unfortunately, the worm is already in the apple, even if pesticide has been applied to the outside.  

Well at least they learned, I guess.  More than I can say for us.  We are letting a million or more yearly swarm across the borders and have access to everything AND our Republic President is their greatest accomplice.  I seriously believe that he thinks these Mexicans are going to pay for our retirement.  LOL.  Maybe the Dems are right and he really is as dumb as they say.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#50]
The Borg are here and it's not Sci Fi. The rest of the world had better decide whether to bow or stand  real fast.

Sadly, there are way to many PC wussie Governments and people who's children will end up fghting or dead because of the "ROP".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top