Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 4:20:54 PM EDT
Gang, I'm-a fixin' (I spent my youth in Florida and Georgia, ansss iss FRAHH-DAYY, anss ahm DRANKIN'! ) to drop $1200 US on tires and wheels (two of my shite 17" aftermarket Voxx wheels have bent on Colorado's rough-ass roads) with the Tire Rack.

Before I do, I wouldn't mind your feedback on your experiences there, good and bad.

Thanks, fellas!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I've bought several sets of tires from them.  No problems and generally good prices.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! Bump for the new readers...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I've bought a few high end motorcycle tires from them and I have no complaints.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My local place couldn't get the brand we needed, they recommended Tire Rack to us.  Turned out very well for us.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
1999 was the last time.
Shipped UPS ground, on time.
One of four times I've bought tires from them, all good.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought tires from them about 5-6 years ago and I was happy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]
A great experience for me. Use the ratings to get the best tire for the best money. More money does not mean bettr tires. Use their dealers in the area, have them shipped to that shop and get them put on. I highly reccomend them.
jj
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Who will mount and balance tires purchased from Tire Rack?  Will most most local shops do it without some outrageous surcharge or bad attitude?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Who will mount and balance tires purchased from Tire Rack?  Will most most local shops do it without some outrageous surcharge or bad attitude?

I haven't found one that won't take the cash.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't buy from Tire Rack... I printed out the page with the total for the four tires I wanted, took it to NTB and they matched the price.  They did have to order the tires I wanted, but that only took a couple days.  

I'll probably do the same thing in a few months when I decide to put new rubber on my Porsche.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a set of Bridgestones for my Corvette.  Guys at work have bought from them also.  No problems whatsoever!  We're in SE WI and it's usually 1 day delivery.  We have a tire machine and balancer in the shop, so we do our own mounting.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Purchased twice from Tire Rack. Once about 4 years ago and most recently about 3 months ago. Both experiences were very pleasant and I would not hesitate to buy from them again.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I have bought three sets of tires from them. Prices are great. Even when I pay for shipping and for mounting, they are still cheaper than buying the tires locally.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I have with nothing but good experiences.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've bought several sets of tires from them.  No problems and generally good prices.

Same here.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

And another satisfied customer.  3 or 4 sets in the past  years.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow - thanks for the good advice, guys. They have a Hunter DSP9700 road-force balancing machine, the best in the industry, to balance the wheel/tire combos I'll be buying off them.

Self-hijack: I remember in the 1980s and early 1990s, you couldn't keep a car's tires balanced worth two shits.

Now, I don't have to worry about that crap any longer; wheels seem to stay in balance through the life of the tire/wheel.

It's remarkable how much technology has improved WRT cars and driving in the last 30 years.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#18]
No problems and the best prices.

Just don't buy Shityears.

SG
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#19]
For me I got great prices and 2 day delevery. I'm happy with them......
Roy
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought from them, great service and cheaper than buying from the locals...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Bought a set of wheels/tires from them for my Subaru.  Fast shipping and a great deal.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

And another satisfied customer.  3 or 4 sets in the past  years.

+4
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Let me count (off the top of my head):

6 snows for my truck
8 snows for my coupe
4 snows and wheels for my daily driver
8 snows and wheels for a previous car
4 summer tires for my daily driver
4 summer tires for my coupe
4 summer tires for my "Sunday Driver"
6 tires for another previous car
4 snows for my Mom's car
4 snows for my g/f's truck...

Tire Rack has been great to deal with and never had a problem with any of the orders I placed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought a set a few years back.  I would recommend them if they have what you are looking for.  This last time around I bought a set of mud tires (super swapmer SSR) and they did not carry them.  The tires I bought from them were the Perelli Scorpion Zero.  I used their rating system and it was a near toss up with a Yokohama AVT (or similar) sport tire).

Mike
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I have bought 2 sets of tires from them for my wife's Mercedes-Benz ML 500.  It takes an odd size that most places didn't carry at the time.  I saved a lot of money compared to what the MB dealer wanted to sell them for.  When it came time to put a set on my Tundra, I priced Tire Rack and ended up spending about the same by buying a set of Continental LT/SUV tires at Wal-Mart.  Check your local tire dealers first and don't forget shipping cost if you go with Tire Rack.  

Call around to get prices on mounting, etc.  I had one place that wanted $160 to mount the four tires.  I ended up going somewhere else and spent $52 plus tax.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Gang, I'm-a fixin' (I spent my youth in Florida and Georgia, ansss iss FRAHH-DAYY, anss ahm DRANKIN'! ) to drop $1200 US on tires and wheels (two of my e 17" aftermarket Voxx wheels have bent on Colorado's rough-ass roads) with the Tire Rack.

Before I do, I wouldn't mind your feedback on your experiences there, good and bad.

Thanks, fellas!

Prices are good. Check out Discount Tire. Their prices are pretty much the same, just a different selection or rims.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Tirerack is great.  I've purchased three sets of tires from them and a set of $1600 wheels.  Excellent service and value.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Haven't purchased yet, but probably will this spring.  Jim (IIRC), who is one of the head honchos, posts frequently on the S2000 forum s2ki.com.  He gives great advice, is an industry partner there, and has an outstanding reputation.

If you don't see what you want on the website, give them a call.  The site doesn't deal as well with stagger and non-OEM wheel sizes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Tire Rack fucking rocks... Back when I had my 300Z and would burn up 2-3 tires a year, I bought from them. They beat my local tire shop (the manager was my best friend's dad) every time, he even commented on it.

Great delivery, great prices... They screwed up once and sent me the wrong size, I called and complained. They sent the new tires (free of charge or CC#) and had FedEx-G pick them up when they dropped the correct model off.

ETA: The tire shops here nic me for $10 a tire, mounted and balanced... Haven't bought tires for my new truck yet. But, on my old car I was saving $30 per tire not including tax.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Have bought 2-3 sets from them...rims too.  Good prices, delivery and service.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#31]

I have purchased from Tire Rack and from Discount Tire Direct.  I have only positive experiences with either.

I bought from Tirerack a set of new steel wheels with a set of all-season tires already mounted on them and ready to install.  Three days after installing them, I hit a large broken piece of concrete curb coming around a corner on the way to work.  It killed the tire (bubbled the sidewall) and bent the wheel.  I called from work, explained the situation, and asked that an identical tire and wheel be charged to the same credit card and sent to the same address; it was at my house in less than 48 hours.

I would readily purchase from either retailer again.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:37:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Tire Rack has a list of shops in your area. I visited my shop in advance and spoke with them. They were happy to help me. It is kind of like buying a gun and having it shipped to a local FFL. He didn't sell you the gun, but he is making his cut another way........it's all good.

jj
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:45:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I like them.   Fast delivery, decent pricing.  I like that they questioned my tire size selection until they understood what I was doing.  Seems like they have informed folks manning the phones.  I had Sears drop in bags of Equal and mount the tires for me.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:57:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Depends where you live.  If you live in a bigger city with lots of chain tire places, you can often get them to match the Tire Rack price, even if they have to order in the tire.  Having said that, I have used them about 5 times when I lived in western CO where there was no nearby tire store and was more than happy with them.  I got the fed-ex 3 day express and had them 2 days after I ordered them.  I was impressed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#35]
I bought a set of tires and rims for my wifes car from the Tire Rack, the only problem I had was the UPS guy didn't want to haul them up three flights of stairs to my condo.

The Navy Exchange would not mount and balance them for me, so I went to the auto hobby shop and got it done for a lot less.

I bought another set of tires from internet sales and had the guys at the Tire Rack store do the mount and balance, they were more than happy to help out.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#36]
I have bought two sets from them.  They carry Kumho tires and they are cheap but good quality.

Best thing about TireRack is when you call their 800 number you get a guy on the phone who knows tires.

Next best thing is their customer reviews.  Hundreds of them for some tire models.

Next best thing are their prices and speedy delivery times.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:49:21 AM EDT
[#37]
I've bought tires through Summit racing. Prices are comparable to the Tire rack and they use to offer free shipping. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I like them.   Fast delivery, decent pricing.  I like that they questioned my tire size selection until they understood what I was doing.  Seems like they have informed folks manning the phones.  I had Sears drop in bags of Equal and mount the tires for me.  

+1

The last set of tires I ordered for the wife's car, I went a bit wider, but almost the same overall diameter. They actually called me before the order shipped to make sure that was the size I needed/wanted because it wasn't the stock size. Even with the 1 day delay for the phone call, they had the tires sitting in my driveway in 3 days.

3 sets so far, and I couldn't be happier. Well, I'd be happier if they'd carry Toyo, but that's not a big deal...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top