Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 12:14:44 PM EDT
There is this guy in the small town I live in who was in the Air Force durning Vietnam.  It seems the Air Force "lost" all of his records so he learns about this blunder and signs up for all the programs the VA has.  He has not worked since the early 70s as were paying for his living.  I bet he makes more than  most of us here as you should see what he does with his money.  I talked with a former friend of his who said that if he ever did go to Vietnam it was on a cargo plane and then right back. In the Air Force he was a loader he said?  Anyway he runs around telling everyone he is diabled from Agent Orange, and was shot to boot!  Now the shooting is real but everyone here remembers him shooting himself while on duty with a 45 in his leg.  The only handicap he has is his brain! So anyway back to his storys he was a "combat medic" assigned to a Army unit since they were short medics.  He claims a VC shot him in the leg on "one Patrol" but he had it bandaged and stayed in the bush for another week...Yea Right....  He has gone to the school here to talk with kids about war and patriotism (which boils my blood) he has full disibilty thanks to lost records.  He was telling his story to the kids and my son came home telling me how great it was to listen to him.. I called the school to tell them about the low life and fake that he is and was told we should be "lucky" to have his type around here to tell their story....  Now to make matters even WORSE hes getting a Disabled American Vetren license plat..  Where does it end????  He allready has disabled parking permits for all his cars and he has a few.  We have tried to unmask him but nothing works thanks to the"lost" records.  I told my son and daughter if he comes again raise your hand and say Bull$hit!  Let them send my kids to the office I'll come down and tell them I want my kids to have no part of it.  I also told my wife if he gets those plates I'm stealing them as fast as he can put them on.  There are a few older people here who truly need those handicap parking spaces and have the permits but there are only 2 here and he gets his fat @SS right in there so the people who really need them have to park away and we end up helping them out which we dont mind but we should not have to.  Some people have talked to him about it and he has told the story so many times he really beleaves it himself now. He calls us names for suggesting he move.  One lady here would take her father to watch his grand kids play basketball and we would have to go help her out so she could get him out of the car and into the gym and them go park.  He was wheelchair bound and she couldnt move hime at all herself.  Anyway I'm venting now but how should this be handled?  I know I'm right but what else can a person do?
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
what he's doing is illegal, and you could contact the authorities.  no one takes kindly to this sort of thing.

ETA: that said, you better be damn sure that's he's lying and isn't the real deal and these accusations aren't just based on rumors you've heard from other people.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Paragraphs kick ass.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]
What a low life if this is true. if your 100% sure this guy is fake get proof. Get the local VFW and American Legion involved. Get other  Vets involved to expose this person.  Contact the Local authoritie.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#4]
He may have been exposed to Agent Orange.  How do you think it got dispersed over VN?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Paragraphs kick ass.

they certainly help

I'd make sure you're certain that this guy's a fraud before "outing" him.

if what you say is true then he's a real piece of shit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh yea hes a fake, to this day I do not know how he got disability, people have tried to out him.  But as I said somehow the Air Force lost his records.  It drives us crazy around here. His late brother in law told me he never left the states BUT he was a load master?  On cargo planes.  His brother in law tried to out him and could not beleave it the rucus it caused in the family, he tried to go to the VA but they said somehow with the lost records and somehow getting signed up for everything so long ago he one of those low lifes were stuck supporting.  His former brother in law who is the one who told me he never left the states.  His former brother in law is the one who tried to get it stopped..He did die from Cancer from Agent Orange we think thats how he pulled the scham off.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
PARAGRAPHS

A paragraph is a self-contained unit of a discourse in a written text dealing with a particular point or idea, or the the words of a speaker. The start of a paragraph is indicated by beginning on a new line and ending without running to the next passage. Sometimes the first line is indented, and sometimes it is indented without beginning a new line. At various times the beginning of a paragraph has been indicated the pilcrow mark ¶.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#8]
?huh?  All I know is that I must have been gone that day in English  I do know he will never have a disabled vet  license plate on his car!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, being a state-side loadmaster he could have spent all his time aboard aircraft that transported AO to VN.  Not being in VN itself does not mean no exposure to AO, it just makes it much harder to get it service connected.

His SR's/SMR's might have been burned at the NPRC fire in the 70's, but there would have been other locations for records to prove or disprove his service.  

On the other hand, there are more than a few vets who are getting the full ride, and they are full of shit through and through.

Probably should not be telling folks you are going to steal his plate.  If you think you have proof that he is a scammer, call the VA OIG.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]
My father took a 50 cal through both legs on his 2ND tour in VN, was exposed to AO as well as certain other service related problems.  He stayed in after VN and completed his 20, then got a job pounding pavement delivering mail and from there GS with the guard.  He never quit.  He is now practically blind, has $2000 per side hearing aids, multiple surgeries and now possibly cancer.  It took until 2 years ago til he finally got 100% disability.  That in itself is screwed because his retirement is converted to disability.  (I think they finally seperated them and he now draws what he earned).  

My point is this.  I too have seen people draw disability and park in handicap, then run into the store in the rain.  While my father and I (I too draw disability but only 20%) park at the back of the lot and walk.  It torques my nuts when I see this shit.  If this asswipe is a fraud, bust him big time.  If not a fraud, then leave him alone.

As to service related, it does not matter where he was when exposed as long as he was in uniform.  However, combat related is a different matter.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Paragraphs kick ass.

FU grammer nazi's!ALL OF YA! why cause us 'gunnuts look smart'. You ever read a Drs prescription?.....I am SSDI. I walk like the tin man in Wizard of OZ. I nave 5 spinal discs that are ceramic, and titanium and 1 total fusion + rsds +++++. Report this fucker....but remember, they'll look @ you also.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I have not read in any of your posts what "proof" you have that he is a fake.   If it is nothing more than a "gut" feeling, tread carefully.  

I do have to think though that someone, somewhere has to have documentation on this guy in order for him to be getting all  he is.  Course, once a beaurocratic snafu is in place, everything rides on the first mistake.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#14]

He did die from Cancer from Agent Orange we think thats how he pulled the scham off.

Kinda lost here? if he died, how is he getting benifits?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I doubt that he is totally fake.  "Loaders" could also be weapons loaders 462/2W1s, the no-counting fools that hang ordnance on planes.

Ask to see his DD 214.  Even with "lost" records, the VA would still want to see his 214 and any medical records available when he applies for a disability.  With no medical records, I would think he would have to get affadavits from people he was stationed with at various locations that could somewhat verify his claims.

In my experience, the VA is a bitch to deal with and I can't see them just rolling over.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#16]
dont waste your time with this one, he is a nut.

Lebrew
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

He did die from Cancer from Agent Orange we think thats how he pulled the scham off.

Kinda lost here? if he died, how is he getting benifits?

OMFG.  The VA is now paying bennies to ZOMBIES!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#18]
If this guy is a fake then he needs to have his ass kicked. However, before you pass judgement, even if his records were lost, he has the burden to prove his case. If you look at the last couple of pages in a VFW mag you will see folks from WWII trying to find someone who remembers them being hurt to help with thier VA case to either recieve a pension or VA treatment. I just retired this past NOV with 28 years of non-stop active duty in the Navy. Guess what, My medical records are missing stuff that I know for a fact was in them at one time or another. Believe me records do get lost, mis-placed and yes even shit-canned.  However to your issue, a fake is no better then a cheating wife....  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:13:49 AM EDT
[#19]
82nd I ot it now...LOL  No his brother-in-law died from cancer that shit bag.  This guy has lived here all his life except his tour in the Air Force.  As long as I can remember or my brother he has never worked a day in his life.  A friend of ours has a construction company he asked if he could work for "under the table" so it would not affect his disability benefits.  I know a few people have turned him in but as stated above, the first mistake is the one they stand behind.  He was with cargo planes C130 to be exact, this was straight from his DEAD brother-in-law before he DIED. So who and how can I get him investigated?  As far as his plates oh well some kids musta did it......
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Oh yea hes a fake, to this day I do not know how he got disability,

I do know he will never have a disabled vet  license plate on his car!

So who and how can I get him investigated?  As far as his plates oh well some kids musta did it......

So let me get this straight - even though this guy has completely satisfied the VA that he's disabled, and you have absolutely no proof that he's not, you've decided to harass this guy and vandalize his car.  Let's hope that other ARFcomers are more sympathetic to disabled vets. You truly are an asshat.

Why don't worry a little more about yourself and less about this guy who served his contry and never did anything to you.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:20:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Javaman,
Hes a frickern fake. I have known this guy all my life, we live in the same small town it has a population of about 700 people.  He works odd jobs that are cash paying.  He cuts wood for people.  He bought a snowplow and does driveways.  Unless you know the story mind your business! He sued his parents because they did not give him the house he was living in when they sold their property to move to a retirement home.  he felt he was entitled to his home that they owned? He charges his mpother-in-law to plow her driveway.  This guy IS not physically disabled on mentally!  Listen he can walk so why the hell should he get a disabled vet parking plate sit his fat ass in the spot when other peolpe NEED it?  My dad is a WW2 vet WHO  is dasbled but he wont use his plates because there are people who REALLY do need the spots more than him.  I DO NOT know how he satisfied the VA and would like to know.  I do know that his brother-in-law who died from cancer used to live next to us and told me all about it before he died.  I do not have phisical proof but I do have his story.   The guy did did serve our country but now hes taking us all for a ride.  Just because your a vet does not EXCLUDE you from being a piece of crap.  By the way he has done spmething to me he took a parking spot from a friend who needed it and refused to move or even help her when she needed it for her wheelchair bound father, he does not work so his lazy ass will be in the handicap parking spot before anyone else can use it at our small school. Another thing Javaman its my right to tell the school I dont want him lieing about his service days to my kids  How many Airforce loaders went into ground combat regually with the army, than brag about killing?  All I want to know IS how can I or who do I turn him into for a fraud and what do I need to do it.  The Airforce lost his records so is there anything I can do?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#22]

All I want to know IS how can I or who do I turn him into for a fraud and what do I need to do it. The Airforce lost his records so is there anything I can do?

Like I said before:  Call the Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General.  The VA does take that sort of thing seriously.

800-488-8244
(800-488-VAIG)

Or you could keep stealing his plates.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Im calling tomorrow in the mean time I'm going to keep stealing his plates
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Fake or not, you don't want to get caught snatching a disabled veteran licence plate.

Call the VA. They don't mess around investigating this stuff.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#25]
how many years was he in? because it is possible that he was cross trained as a medic

how can you be sure he wasnt wounded in VN? maybe the people that said he shot himself is just gossip?

I would just leave him alone
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#26]
So.  What's this guys AR15.com handle?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I can vouch for that since we are in the disability catagory...C2-3 quad...financially dessimated by the system to reduce us to nothing so we can be told they do not provide long term care for cripples...suppliers cut us off because medicaid and medicare don't think we need catheters to pee...don't think we need bed pads or  rubber gloves or nursing care...fortunately  everything we have is paid for but I had to sign over alot of property to the kids to bail it out...
and guys like that get handouts for years?   Maybe it is because we aren't liberals...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#28]
mstennes,
It just so happens that VA is currently reviewing claims from that era. If the BIL, etc. is willing to do an affidavit......
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:30:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Use paragraphs and maybe I'll read the post.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#30]

nothing works thanks to the"lost" records.

The military is great at losing records.  That isn't proof by itself.

I know five brothers that were all in Vietnam, and all five had their records lost in a fire in St Louis.  If his last name starts with Car-, then there's a very good chance the military lost the records.   Three of the five are still fighting to get VA care without success, and the other two have tried to get all the paperwork worked-out just in case something happens to them and they need the care.  None of the five have been successful yet.  If those five legitimate vets can't get VA care, then I doubt this guy is a fake if he has been getting care.  The VA is an absolute pain to deal with.z
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll never know what you're bitching about because you refuse to use PARAGRAPHS!!!

Retard.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#32]
If you spent ONE day in Vietnam it is automatically assumed that you were exposed to AO.  My dad served w/the Marines and has 100% disability from PTSD secondary to combat and AO exposure. He has 2 definite and another 3 probable diseases from the exposure. Diabetes is one of the presumptive diseases.  

sst7
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#33]
zoom,
There was a fire. Part of the WWII records were lost.

http://www.va.gov/pressrel/99stlou.htm

VA has made the best of this ever since. I know many vets who where told their records were gone. They all got them eventually.

My advice to your friends - they will never get anywhere on their own. They need to get with one of of the Veterans Service Organizations that has a GOOD certified Service Officer.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#34]
yea, paragraphs. Also state your thesis at the begining so we know what we are trying to read. Otherwise it just looks like a bunch of thoughts lumped together. Give is some direction with an opening statement.

j/k  but paragraphs would be good

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Paragraphs kick ass.

Word.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
dont waste your time with this one, he is a nut.

Lebrew

And so are his local supporters- in their way, they have more to lose than the goldbrick, since they have bought into the lie, big time.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:41:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

The Airforce lost his records so is there anything I can do?

Yes, you can mind your own business...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:59:41 AM EDT
[#38]
During that time period all discharged vets were encouraged to go to the courthouse in thier hometown and have thier DD-214 put on file. There is a strong chance he did, and if so it is now public record.... go downtown and if it is on file pay $1 or so for the copy and you will have all you need to expose him if he is indeed a fraud.

Now they do not encourage it, simply because it places your full name, SS#, DOB and other info out where the public can grab it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#39]
I was fine with minding my own business, untill he started speaking at the school here on his "combat" stories.  Dont you need to be in combat to be able to tell the story.  He brags of killing VC and NVA.  My kids do not need to hear about this fraud in school.  I'm going to work on this today.  Its like people who get L&I who are not hurt it happens all the time.  It takes from people who really need it and gives to those who dont.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I was fine with minding my own business, untill he started speaking at the school here on his "combat" stories.  Dont you need to be in combat to be able to tell the story.  He brags of killing VC and NVA.  My kids do not need to hear about this fraud in school.  I'm going to work on this today.  Its like people who get L&I who are not hurt it happens all the time.  It takes from people who really need it and gives to those who dont.

My experience has been those that talk usually haven't "been there, done that".  However, lying about combat lying about a disability. (it may be indicative of fraud, but not proof) FWIW - my father got disability 25 years later (and after 4 years of tests and therapy) and a friend of mine who is an OIF vet  just got 60% disability from shrapnel he took to the face, shoulder, and leg from an ied and rpg's which took out his stryker. Talking to either one of them you would not know about their disability, unless they out right told you.

YMMV

sst7
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Well I call the VA and they informed me there is already a investigation going on?  I asked them how he could get away with this and the man on the phone told me if a mistake was originally made and he recieved benefits and no one brings it to their attention and they work the system its the same as people who fake L&I claims, one doctor can do this all by making a false report or a bad dianosis would do it too.  I also called the state office that handles disabled programs and was informed that if a doctor fills out the forms then by law they must give them their placards or plates.  Both offices were very helpful and they did take it seriosly and furthermore I asked if this happens alot and the man at the VA said more than he would like and some never get caight and others only get caught when turned in.
 I was also informed by them that there is a ongoing investigation of fradulant parking plates as we speak.  I was talking with a friend of mine about him speaking at the school and there were many parents upset and many called the school.  I guess he should have kept his mouth shut as I'm thinking he was reported by a parent or 2 or more.  He got greedy and now he will pay, I hope.  I also agree my dad is a WW2 combat vet and he nevers talks about it.  He has talked to my brother and I once when we kept on bugging him and it WAS not pretty.  It was down right terrible.  No I have heard his storys and he brags about killing.  I never was in combat but to me it seems like sometrhing you would want to bury and not brag about.  
 He only did one tour or stint in the Air Force.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Well I call the VA.....

Well, if he's guilty of fraud he should wind up in jail.  If he's been scamming and getting money he does not rate, with any luck he will see that nice big overpayment letter from the VA.  What will suck is if the VA fucked up and granted all this, and there is no evidence of fraud on assclowns part, he might end up not paying it back.  His payments might get reduced, but no OP.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Well I call the VA and they informed me there is already a investigation going on?  I asked them how he could get away with this and the man on the phone told me if a mistake was originally made and he recieved benefits and no one brings it to their attention and they work the system its the same as people who fake L&I claims, one doctor can do this all by making a false report or a bad dianosis would do it too.  I also called the state office that handles disabled programs and was informed that if a doctor fills out the forms then by law they must give them their placards or plates.  Both offices were very helpful and they did take it seriosly and furthermore I asked if this happens alot and the man at the VA said more than he would like and some never get caight and others only get caught when turned in.
 I was also informed by them that there is a ongoing investigation of fradulant parking plates as we speak.  I was talking with a friend of mine about him speaking at the school and there were many parents upset and many called the school.  I guess he should have kept his mouth shut as I'm thinking he was reported by a parent or 2 or more.  He got greedy and now he will pay, I hope.  I also agree my dad is a WW2 combat vet and he nevers talks about it.  He has talked to my brother and I once when we kept on bugging him and it WAS not pretty.  It was down right terrible.  No I have heard his storys and he brags about killing.  I never was in combat but to me it seems like sometrhing you would want to bury and not brag about.  
 He only did one tour or stint in the Air Force.

WTF does doing only one stint in the Air Force have to do with it.  VA disability and SS disability are two different creatures.  I don't think the VA gives a rats ass if the guy can work or not where SS disability would be very interested in knowing if he could or couldn't work.

I know a few people with 60% VA disabilities that are in pretty decent shape.  They can do office work, deal with chronic back pain, or suffer from loss of motion issues, or hearing or sight loss.

You also don't have to be in combat to get VA disability pay.  I have a 10% VA disbability for my right ankle which I royally fucked up playing intramural softball in the AF.  When you are in the military you are never really "off duty" so whatever happens to you that becomes a chronic medical problem is then considered service related.

Words of the day: SERVICE RELATED!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#44]
TRW take a pill, I was talking with the guy from the VA asking how thgis can happen when its so hard for Vets to get disability when they need it.  He used L&I as a example as there is alot of raud there.  He was just explaining it to me as all you nned is a hard to diagnose problem than can be a number of things like a neck injury for example.  He was using it as a example! This fuckers in perfect shape other than hes fat now from sitting on his ass doing nothing for 30 fucking years. All the VA guy was doing was explaing to me how things can happen and was using examples, he was actually very nice and helpful.  He was the one who also told me to call my state offices and who to ask for in regards to the disability placards and plates as they are state items. As far as the agencys not giving a rats ass about the other your correct, as he gets a vetrans disability and a state disability who were both VERY interested in him.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#45]
My service related disability compensation isn't affected by how much money I make.  I get my check every month whether I am working or not.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#46]
No hes defrauding the state and the VA both. Thats why I was saying there both interested in him.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Well, being a state-side loadmaster he could have spent all his time aboard aircraft that transported AO to VN.  Not being in VN itself does not mean no exposure to AO, it just makes it much harder to get it service connected.

His SR's/SMR's might have been burned at the NPRC fire in the 70's, but there would have been other locations for records to prove or disprove his service.  

On the other hand, there are more than a few vets who are getting the full ride, and they are full of shit through and through.

Probably should not be telling folks you are going to steal his plate.  If you think you have proof that he is a scammer, call the VA OIG.

Even if the service records were burned he would have a copy of his DD214 and the order sending him to Vietnam.   Also sending him home after his tour.    
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I am glad I met a REAL hero for my history class.

He was there because he was a Pearl Harbor survivor. That was nothing.

He had a HUGE gash on his hand. He was an Army Ranger (I think) and knew Judo. He was out of ammo and a Jap charged him with a baynet. He palmed it away an punched him, knocking him out.

He was in the bush for 3 days with only a standard med kit. Lucky he didnt loose the hand.

Bad ass mofo.

Also - when you see the guys pass out the little red flowers, strike up a converstation. I did and met a guy who was a POW from the battle of Arness (battle of the Bulge).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top