Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2001 6:25:11 AM EDT
I've got a Bushmaster Y-Comb on my AR and it works but the thing is LOUD!!!  Is there a brake I can put on there I can coyote hunt with, without bursting my eardrums?  I don't want the bare muzzle nuetered look.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 6:44:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushmasters catalog lists quite a few types of brakes and supressors.
I take it you have a preban rifle,i`m stuck with
a postban bush with the same brake on it and i hate it. Looks like it will be exspensive to change mine.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:12:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Any brake that is effective, and that is the point of a break, is going to be loud.  The louder it is, the more gas that is being redirected lessening the recoil. I have shot the y-comp and is it damn LOUD, but it does make follow up shots much easier on a lighter weapon. No matter what you will have to spend some cash to have it removed and a bunch more to have a new one installed.  Just think, if we did not have this pre-post Bravo Sierra you could just unscrew it and try a different one (although it would most likely be an FS).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top