Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 6:37:12 AM EDT
Six churches in one area burned last night, five in same county. Foxnews is reporting that they fires may be connected. It would be some fucking coincidence if they weren't.

Six Rural Alabama Churches Burned
Friday, February 03, 2006

The search for a possible arsonist was underway Friday after six churches in a rural Alabama county were found burning.

FOX affiliate WBRC in Birmingham, Ala., confirmed that the churches in Bibb County burned Friday morning. As of 7 a.m. EST., those churches were Rehoba Baptist Church in Lawley, Ashby Baptist Church in Briarfield, Old Union Baptist Church in Briarfield, Pleasant Sabine Antioch southeast of Centerville, Antoich Church in Antoich and Older Church in Chilton County. Some of the fires caused total loss of the churches.

The minister of The First Baptist Church of Woodstock — which was not burned — told FOX News that all the churches targeted were southern Baptist; one is predominantly black while the others were predominantly white. Most were small country churches, the minister said.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#1]
There was a big hubbub a few years ago about some black churches that were burned.  Rumors of "racially motivated" burnings were spread on all news networks.

When the arsonists were caught, it turned out that there was no racial motivation.

Country churches are, by their very nature, isolated buildings, away from other people's houses.  Arsonists just like to burn buildings.  Isolated ones lessen their chances of getting caught.

Oh, and BTW, arsonists ought to be hung from the nearest tree.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There was a big hubbub a few years ago about some black churches that were burned.  Rumors of "racially motivated" burnings were spread on all news networks.

When the arsonists were caught, it turned out that there was no racial motivation.

Country churches are, by their very nature, isolated buildings, away from other people's houses.  Arsonists just like to burn buildings.  Isolated ones lessen their chances of getting caught.

We had a rash of these church burnings a few years back. It was made out to be a big racist deal. Turns out it was just bored teenagers.

And the area where these churches are located is very rural. Easy to get in and out without being caught or observed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I dont entirely agree with that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are right, they should be set on fire instead.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That I can agree with.

See, out here in Kansas I'm just afraid the only 2 trees in the state may get overloaded with bodies and fall over.
Then what would we do? We'd be a treeless state!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#6]
At least it's not terrorism.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:58:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While they're hanging from the nearest tree.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:17:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While they're hanging from the nearest tree.

Ok so that we're all in agreement.

Caught arsonists + tree +"on fire"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top