Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 10:34:22 PM EDT
As I boxed up the lower receiver from my very first Ar-15.  

Long story short, is they can buy certain receivers in CA right now and mine just happened to be one of them, I had no real intentions of selling it, but I figure if I can slip this one by Feinswein and the liberal asshats in Cali well then off it goes.  I didn't really make any money off of the deal, I may have even lost a couple of dollars, but who cares I am in a free state and it can be replaced.  

Soo to the Arfcommer who bought my Gator give it a good home and make sure she is fired often.  There may or may not be an extra bonus in the box as well.  

Soo in memory of my Mega, and the times we shared together here are a couple of pics.

One of my British friends

and here she is chilling with her big sis
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats awesome.....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That was a pretty cool thing to do. Good on ya.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You're a good man! But hey I gots a question. What's with the riser and the aimpoint mount? Do you prefer to have your optics higher?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for supporting your brothers behind the wall.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
That was truly a great thing you did.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#6]
viva la revolucion
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You're a good man! But hey I gots a question. What's with the riser and the aimpoint mount? Do you prefer to have your optics higher?

I like having the Aimpoint higher, but also the way that it is set up I can switch between my Iron and my Aimpoint, it is very crude but it works.

ETA I have never sold a firearm before.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Refresh my deteriorating memory - how can any 'new' assault rifles be brought in and registered in the Republic of Kali?

I know that New York permits certain 'pre-ban' receivers to be 'imported', but Kali?

What's the word, bird?

Eric The(BlueState)Hun
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Refresh my deteriorating memory - how can any 'new' assault rifles be brought in and registered in the Republic of Kali?

I know that New York permits certain 'pre-ban' receivers to be 'imported', but Kali?

What's the word, bird?

Eric The(BlueState)Hun

Apparently when the Ca Legislator banned the rifles they banned them by name Such as Colt Sporter Bushmaster XM15 and such soo recently the Ca DOJ acknowledged that some receivers weren't banned as they weren't specifically banned by name, it was a loophole that apparently is being seriously exploited right now.  They will be banned by the end of the month, but as such the DOJ has to give a 30 day window of which to register them as assault rifles, unfortunatly they will still be required to have a fixed or no pistol grip, from what I understand they will be able to have other evil features as a trade off.

So some certain brands ok at this point

Mega Gator
Stag

Pretty much none of the really big names are allowed.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top